The Further Adventures of Mr Carl Johnson Esquire.

chiefwhosm

The Further Adventures of Mr Carl Johnson Esquire - (TFAOMCJE), is a continuation of the storyline of GTA San Andreas, following on from the final mission. It is not a continual sequence of events, but more a series of different events that happen through the continued life of our Hero, Carl Johnson.

It was originally a .scm set of missions, but a harddrive failure, and an accident with my FTP server led to the entire thing being lost, I never felt inclined to learn .scm coding again, but at the back of my mind I've always thought at some point I'd like to have a go at remaking them using some method or other.

I had quite forgotten that in the past I had tried (and failed) to use DYOM to remake the missions, but I decided having discovered it again, to give it another go.

After three days of misery I'll admit I was on the verge of giving up, but on the fourth day everything started to go swimmingly well, it took three days to perfect Mission 1 so that I was happy with it, and then a further day to create and perfect Mission 2, I've had to cut out a fair amount of the original mission, due to limitations with DYOM, but I am quite happy with how the basic storyline, and the main core of the two missions I have completed so far have gone, and don't think it's bad for a weeks work.

Anyway, enough chit-chat, here are the links to Missions 1 and 2, I hope you'll enjoy them, but I will warn you that Mission 1 can be quite hard, or quite easy depending on how you take it.

Mission 1.

Mission 2.

I apologise in advance for the lack of grammar in some of the subtitles (well, instead of we'll is a good example) however edits made in np++ quite often resulted in the missions no longer working (which was very odd!) and I didn't want to risk losing the missions after all the hard work I put into them.

Also in case it's important, these missions were made using DYOM v6.1.

Chief smile.gif

Edited by chiefwhosm

The Further Adventures of Mr Carl Johnson Esquire - (TFAOMCJE), is a continuation of the storyline of GTA San Andreas, following on from the final mission. It is not a continual sequence of events, but more a series of different events that happen through the continued life of our Hero, Carl Johnson.

It was originally a .scm set of missions, but a harddrive failure, and an accident with my FTP server led to the entire thing being lost, I never felt inclined to learn .scm coding again, but at the back of my mind I've always thought at some point I'd like to have a go at remaking them using some method or other.

I had quite forgotten that in the past I had tried (and failed) to use DYOM to remake the missions, but I decided having discovered it again, to give it another go.

After three days of misery I'll admit I was on the verge of giving up, but on the fourth day everything started to go swimmingly well, it took three days to perfect Mission 1 so that I was happy with it, and then a further day to create and perfect Mission 2, I've had to cut out a fair amount of the original mission, due to limitations with DYOM, but I am quite happy with how the basic storyline, and the main core of the two missions I have completed so far have gone, and don't think it's bad for a weeks work.

Anyway, enough chit-chat, here are the links to Missions 1 and 2, I hope you'll enjoy them, but I will warn you that Mission 1 can be quite hard, or quite easy depending on how you take it.

Mission 1.

Mission 2.

I apologise in advance for the lack of grammar in some of the subtitles (well, instead of we'll is a good example) however edits made in np++ quite often resulted in the missions no longer working (which was very odd!) and I didn't want to risk losing the missions after all the hard work I put into them.

Also in case it's important, these missions were made using DYOM v6.1.

Chief smile.gif

I have a few suggestions for you:

- Add info about characters, names for the missions (like intro).

- Put actor's name when he is talking, i.e (Cesar) Hey holmes, let's go and f*ck some putillas.

- Ass boring rides, make 'em more shorter.

- I noticed a weird "Loading..." cutscene when I was playing in the first mission. Wha' the f*ck?

- To add colors you don't need to use NP++ anymore, hold Shift (In my case ALT GR) + the letter of the colour, i.e shift + y = Yellow.

Hope that helps you. Good luck anyway icon14.gif

Edited by Gorgonit

What Gorgonit said. Loading? The f*ck's up with that? And if you're so talented with notepad, instead of only changing the colours, fixing grammar mistakes isn't a big job. Waaait, since when is Carl's name Esquire. Seriously? Esquire? If I remember correctly, that was an old medieval title. And from the UK too.

Anyways, I found the first mission pretty bad, and hard. Like, 6 cars at you while there's a colossal drive? They popped my tire before I even started to drive and you can figure out the rest.

I do wish you luck and stuff, but it doesn't seem like CJ/Caesar at all.