Could a horrible GTA V BETA make you cancel

Rockstar20124

Not even a chance that I would do that. I'm going to get the game regardless of how sh*tty it may be. That's just how it is.

Well of course its not gonna be perfect, it IS a beta an un-finished product and its gonna be buggy what do you exepct...

GTA V IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER MADE tounge.gif

WHO AGREES WITH ME icon14.gif

Did you simply ignore the existence of Skyrim?

-

Edited by Marwin

L71cGcK.png

Why do you assume everyone canceled there Battlefield 3 pre order? The beta is glitchy, but its a beta. Plus, if you keep up with DICE they say everything that is horrid in the beta is already fixed in the main game. The beta is the beta.

Second off, no, they won't release an open beta for people for Grand Theft Auto V.

Apologies for getting a bit offtopic with BF3.

obviously a BETA isnt going to be good the whole point of BETAs are for the developer to get feed back before they release the game. as fro GTA i dont believe there will be a BETA Rockstar always likes to keep things secret until the game is released. And also Rockstar has no need to have a BETA because they are in my opinion the best in the industry and make there games at the highest quality the first time with out the need to test it.

Even the full releases get constant updates and patches. Especially battlefield. I remember back in the day when my PC supported gaming BF 1942 and BF Vietnam was always getting updates that effected whether you could play online or not. Always changing weapon effectiveness and so forth.

Not sure what the big panty bunch about betas are, even the release will get refined over and over for possibly years.

CubA_iLL_BrothA

Yea at first I didn't understand what an beta is about. It's just to really to the servers, and it's great. Hopefully the creepy bugs will be fix.

Alright guys hang on. We all, even the numbnuts who started this thread, know there will NEVER be a public BETA for GTA. The whole point of this thread is the OP cancelled his BF3 reserve because he felt slighted by EA's map choice for the BETA. Now he feels like a retard and he is looking to us for validation. So let me just get this out of the way:

*ahem*

HELL YEAH I WOULD CANCEL MY GTA PREORDER IF THEY HAD A BAD BETA! BAD BETA = BAD GAME! HELLS YEAH BBBOOOOOIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

There. Feel better Rockstar? Anyway, I think the BF3 BETA is quite fun and im looking forward to the game. Thanks.

Edited by LCMetro

Rockstar20124

Alright guys hang on. We all, even the numbnuts who started this thread, know there will NEVER be a public BETA for GTA. The whole point of this thread is the OP cancelled his BF3 reserve because he felt slighted by EA's map choice for the BETA. Now he feels like a retard and he is looking to us for validation. So let me just get this out of the way:

*ahem*

HELL YEAH I WOULD CANCEL MY GTA PREORDER IF THEY HAD A BAD BETA! BAD BETA = BAD GAME! HELLS YEAH BBBOOOOOIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

There. Feel better Rockstar? Anyway, I think the BF3 BETA is quite fun and im looking forward to the game. Thanks.

Never say Never mate. GTA IV and especially RDR did have quite some connection problems with the online multiplayer and online free roam. So, I do hope they have at least a big closed BETA. With RDR I had huge issues with the online part because it would get stuck in a loop before even entering a free roam room. I really hope you can choose your preferred type of match like deathmatch, team deathmatch, coop modes and such out of a list BEFORE mandatory entering a not loading but looping free roam which was the case in RDR suicidal.gif

Also, if Rockstar Games decides to do a BETA they really should do this months before like Uncharted 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Gears of War 3 and such so they have plenty of time to do something with the player feedback and tweak it and test it themselves.

Anyhow, I will await the reviews for Battlefield 3 and then decide to buy or not to buy. Still, I have never ever had such a bad and boring BETA so close for launch. Battlefield is known and praised for its vehicles. And then they release a BETA without them? suicidal.gif I really do hope DICE will deliver because I prefer Battlefield over COD. With the more (light) realism and vehicle variety with ground, water and air vehicles cool.gif

But I for one have the hardest critique on the things I love the most. I don't use scapegoats or in this case small studios with B titles to distract from the fact there is something wrong with one of my beloved franchises. That's why I have strong critique at Rockstar North about GTA V as well. Concerning the four year drought without any official GTA V for example. Maybe it's tough love biggrin.gif

Knowing Rockstar, they'll probably allow us to see the first gameplay footage of GTAV the morning the game comes out lol, so I doubt they'll ever release a beta for a GTA game.

Hypothetically speaking however, I doubt it'd change my mind. I'd buy the game day 1 either way, I have yet to be disappointed by a console GTA release.

-=With RDR I had huge issues with the online part because it would get stuck in a loop before even entering a free roam room. I really hope you can choose your preferred type of match like deathmatch=-

What happened for you was "Connection Issues with Other Players, You've been Returned to Free Roam", correct? That's because you had your connections to Broadband incorrect, even I found that out, after much concern about THEIR end. The best solution was to have ONLY your game and router using your outside line, not sharing it with other devices

The press get to play the beta "builds", not the general public... Those lucky bastards!

Edited by Slamman

Rest assured, THEY WILL NOT release a demo or beta version, they never have to my knowledge. It's part and parcel as to why they are so secretive in the first place!!

Both GTA1 and GTA2 had demos released for them. (Clearly you are talking about III-era and on, but you implied that NO GTA had ever been done like that.)

Edit: Also, the iOS version of Chinatown Wars has a demo, or light version.

V will not have a Beta so I'm not bothered really.

Rest assured, THEY WILL NOT release a demo or beta version, they never have to my knowledge. It's part and parcel as to why they are so secretive in the first place!!

Both GTA1 and GTA2 had demos released for them. (Clearly you are talking about III-era and on, but you implied that NO GTA had ever been done like that.)

Edit: Also, the iOS version of Chinatown Wars has a demo, or light version.

I joined the GTAF in 2003, so clearly, I was a bout a year into GTA III's release before I really got hooked on the series, but no matter, again we're talking ROCKSTAR NORTH, not DMA anymore! hahaha

Even if they did have a beta for GTA V, and it was horrible, I still wouldn't cancel my preorder. If I didn't do it for Duke Nukem Forever I definitely won't do that for GTA.

Rockstar20124

-=With RDR I had huge issues with the online part because it would get stuck in a loop before even entering a free roam room. I really hope you can choose your preferred type of match like deathmatch=-

What happened for you was "Connection Issues with Other Players, You've been Returned to Free Roam", correct? That's because you had your connections to Broadband incorrect, even I found that out, after much concern about THEIR end. The best solution was to have ONLY your game and router using your outside line, not sharing it with other devices

The press get to play the beta "builds", not the general public... Those lucky bastards!

For a period I had only those messages. "Connection Issues with Other Players, You've been Returned to Free Roam" or something similar. But it would loop constantly at that red and black screen. So playing online was impossible. Later after some patches I had those connection error messages less and usually after one of those messages I would get to a very small free roam room with most of the time a couple other players and sometimes none. I didn't have any multiplayer troubles with other games like Bad Company 2, Halo 3 and such back then. So no trouble with router or NAT setting with those games. So the blame lies with the Rockstar Games servers and/or the multiplayer software build in RDR.

Anyway I would love to play GTA V press BETAS/builds as well if it where many months away too. But with 3 weeks for launch I can control myself not to play it tounge.gif

Also, there is a second BETA for Uncharted 3 released TODAY ! Initially only for PSN Plus members though suicidal.gif But maybe later for everyone again? cool.gif And the progress you make in this BETA carries over to your account for the retail version.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32095...plus-this-week/