Could a horrible GTA V BETA make you cancel

Rockstar20124

So, I finally got the chance to play the Battlefield 3 BETA and man does it suck cryani.gif Seriously, no vehicles, no special air strikes, no motion scanner, no remote control detonator, no buildings collapsing, a ruined revive system, a lot of prone camping, even more pointless running around then Bad Company 2 and other bullsh*t angry.gif WTF happened??? I really hope this is a very very old BETA from at least a year ago for the press as some Battlefield 3 hardcore fans are saying. But still it left a very bad taste in my mouth sad.gif So, I hear a lot of people cancelling their pre-order because of this BETA.

Could the same happen with GTA V? Where Rockstar Games is thinking people will play the game online for free for a short time with the free BETA and then buy the game full price because the online multiplayer is so addicting? I played the Assassins Creed Revelations BETA and it was pretty good and I can see why people would buy it right away cool.gif But suppose Rockstar North leaves cars and other vehicles out of the GTA V BETA. And forces you to play on foot the whole time. That would hurt the multiplayer significantly. Just as the horrible deathmatches in confined little areas where you almost can't drive already in TBOGT. As much as I like the singleplayer of that great GTA DLC game the multiplayer versus is just terrible sad.gif That is why only after a couple of weeks or even days the TBOGT multiplayer was already dead because everyone wanted to play the big scale areas like the Airport with vehicles again in GTA IV cool.gif

Anyway, could a horrible GTA V BETA similar to the disgusting Battlefield 3 BETA make you decide to cancel your pre-order?

Original Light

They're never going to have a Beta. Nor a demo as in my Topic I made a couple weeks ago.

Dude, It's a beta, of course it won't be great. From what I have seen, you can destroy walls, trees etc. I wouldn't cancel my preorder from how the beta is. It's an early build we are playing and they will work the bugs out. Just my .02 cents.

So, I finally got the chance to play the Battlefield 3 BETA and man does it suck cryani.gif Seriously, no vehicles, no special air strikes, no motion scanner, no remote control detonator, no buildings collapsing, a ruined revive system, a lot of prone camping, even more pointless running around then Bad Company 2 and other bullsh*t angry.gif WTF happened??? I really hope this is a very very old BETA from at least a year ago for the press as some Battlefield 3 hardcore fans are saying. But still it left a very bad taste in my mouth sad.gif So, I hear a lot of people cancelling their pre-order because of this BETA.

First of all, the beta was primarily for server testing, if millions of people are going to be playing that game at once, the servers need to good enough. Second of all, if you played the PC beta, you would have played some Caspian Border, which might I add is one of the greatest multiplayer aspects of game since, well... ever! Operation Metro is merely to show CoD players that there are similarities. EA is trying to steamroll MW3, this is a logical decision by EA, show a more balanced and less linear version of quite a popular game and franchise. I apologise for the deviation of discussion.

Anyway, I digress. I actually can't see Rockstar releasing a beta. The GTA series has always been a mainly sinegle-player affair. I'm sure that many fellow forumers will agree with me here. Also, judging a game by it's basic multiplayer beta is illogical. You are not getting a first hand experiance of the full package.

Finn 7 five 11

They wouldn't release a beta.

Hypothetically speaking i would still buy the game, a Beta is a Beta, you cannot totally judge a game on a rough outline.

Secondly they wouldn't ruin the game i am sure.

Well ALL games go through beta, but just not public betas. I don't really feel like Rockstar is afraid to release a beta because they think people won't like it. Rather, they like people to be surprised when they finally get to play the game. It's the reason they release such few details and never have demos. They want you to discover the game the way it was meant to be played, in all its glory.

To me, releasing or playing a beta of a GTA game would completely ruin the experience for me, even if it was good. It's just nice to experience the game with all the bells and whistles and get that really amazing, overwhelming feeling when you finally fire the game up. Playing in a beta would lessen or completely remove that feeling all together, and that would be sad.

They won't need to issue a public beta or any other kind of demo in order to entice people to buy the game. GTA is big enough by itself that people will buy it anyway.

Dude, It's a beta, of course it won't be great. From what I have seen, you can destroy walls, trees etc. I wouldn't cancel my preorder from how the beta is. It's an early build we are playing and they will work the bugs out. Just my .02 cents.

How much can they do in 3 weeks? The graphics are rather disappointing on console, but the gameplay is a lot of fun. We just need the vehicles back.

I would try my hardest to stay away from the beta if a real release was around the corner. I like to explore, I'm picturing a small area with invisible walls and lacking features. I'd rather wait.

If they released a beta today, and release was 2013... well hell ya I'd be all over it.

A BETA is just like a skeleton of a game(Well an alpha test is more like a skeleton of a game but Never mind).It doesn't prove nothing to what the final game will be like.

And anyway GTA will never ever have a BETA or demo it just not the right game to-do so.

Edited by Senax

Rockstar20124

I would try my hardest to stay away from the beta if a real release was around the corner. I like to explore, I'm picturing a small area with invisible walls and lacking features. I'd rather wait.

If they released a beta today, and release was 2013... well hell ya I'd be all over it.

When it comes to GTA I would probably stay away too especially if the release would only be 3 weeks away tounge.gif But I also would be playing a buggy GTA V BETA if it where more then a year away biggrin.gif

@OatMuffin

Yeah, I really don't understand what Dice/EA was thinking with this horrible map without vehicles for the public BETA only 3 weeks for the launch suicidal.gif That's the main difference between COD and Battlefield. And the last couple of years I personally have enjoyed Battlefield Bad Company a lot more then COD. Because I am a fan of (light) realism and vehicle variation just like in GTA. With ground, water and air vehicles cool.gif But without vehicles Battlefield becomes very boring because you have to run a lot more distances then COD just to even see an enemy sad.gif

I really hope we will see the Caspian Border map added to the BETA on PS3 and 360 as well. It looks GREAT cool.gif

LOL, yeah the GTA V beta will probably be as bad as the last GTA beta.

Oh wait.... there has never been a beta.

And never will be a beta.

monocle.gif

Rockstar would never let the public play an unfinished game. That's why they have Rockstar Lincoln.

I really hope this is a very very old BETA from at least a year ago for the press as some Battlefield 3 hardcore fans are saying.

Most hardcore Battlefield fans are actually enjoying this. It's more of a Battlefield game than Bad Company and Bad Company 2 combined.

dude..... why would you cancel just because there is no vehicles etc... its a beta their are not going to release everything like that or they spoil it all, not to mention the point of a beta is to test/fix bugs and fix OP weapons etc...

People who cancel just because of that are idiots (no offense) but that is actually really f*cking stupid...

Finn 7 five 11
So, I finally got the chance to play the Battlefield 3 BETA and man does it suck  cryani.gif Seriously, no vehicles, no special air strikes, no motion scanner, no remote control detonator, no buildings collapsing, a ruined revive system, a lot of prone camping, even more pointless running around then Bad Company 2 and other bullsh*t  angry.gif WTF happened??? I really hope this is a very very old BETA from at least a year ago for the press as some Battlefield 3 hardcore fans are saying. But still it left a very bad taste in my mouth sad.gif So, I hear a lot of people cancelling their pre-order because of this BETA.

dude..... why would you cancel just because there is no vehicles etc... its a beta their are not going to release everything like that or they spoil it all, not to mention the point of a beta is to test/fix bugs and fix OP weapons etc...

People who cancel just because of that are idiots (no offense) but that is actually really f*cking stupid...

Yep some people have hair brains and don't understand the difference between a beta and a demo.

Could the same happen with GTA V? Where Rockstar Games is thinking people will play the game online for free for a short time with the free BETA and then buy the game full price because the online multiplayer is so addicting? I played the Assassins Creed Revelations BETA and it was pretty good and I can see why people would buy it right away cool.gif But suppose Rockstar North leaves cars and other vehicles out of the GTA V BETA. And forces you to play on foot the whole time. That would hurt the multiplayer significantly. Just as the horrible deathmatches in confined little areas where you almost can't drive already in TBOGT. As much as I like the singleplayer of that great GTA DLC game the multiplayer versus is just terrible sad.gif That is why only after a couple of weeks or even days the TBOGT multiplayer was already dead because everyone wanted to play the big scale areas like the Airport with vehicles again in GTA IV cool.gif

Anyway, could a horrible GTA V BETA similar to the disgusting Battlefield 3 BETA make you decide to cancel your pre-order?

Alright, first off, R*'s games are mainly singleplayer games. Singleplayer beta? I don't think so. Second, lay off the emotocons.

user posted image

EncryptedReality

There won't be any public beta coming. It hasn't happened in the past and probably won't in the future so this topic is useless imo.

Go ahead and ask for Max Payne 3 beta. The best you can get is :

We don't have any plans for that.
Edited by GTARandom

EternalAgony

For the most part, have GTA games ever needed a Public Beta? I mean, they run just fine for me without them. If they could benefit from it- sure by all means, but they've never had to do this. Thus, it would be useless to waste all the money on releasing something and breaking the surprise, when they could spend that million on ironing out the bugs.

mafiahitman14

Gta v would never have any problems as the first guy said confused.gif

first of all it will never force you to walk and not have cars because the name of the game is "grand theft auto"so there has to be cars

also there will be things such as buliding damage, more guns and cars and a bigger map tounge.gif since this game will probably take place in miami or los angeles

Also the rockstar company will never let this happen since grand theft auto series is one of the best and the most profitable games that they have created

also they get ideas from the fans unlike other companies so i think "GTA V" is going to be the best game ever. smile.gif

If you cancelled BF3 order just because of the Beta then you don't deserve to play good games.

Beta is still work in progress.

Rockstar will never make a beta of GTA, as they know that GTA's are easily hackable and quite some surprises made for gamers can just be ruined by hackers.

I never pre-ordered BF3 and I do like the Beta, dunno why the hate, except for the fact that they did only one stupid map with only one stupid mode xD god bless the hackers that started up a couple of Conquest mode servers tounge.gif

Back on topic, nope, excluding the fact that will never be a demo or an open beta (only a closed one for R* staff only), it's a god damn Beta, no need to cancel a game because of it.

Rockstar20124

I never pre-ordered BF3 and I do like the Beta, dunno why the hate, except for the fact that they did only one stupid map with only one stupid mode xD god bless the hackers that started up a couple of Conquest mode servers tounge.gif

Back on topic, nope, excluding the fact that will never be a demo or an open beta (only a closed one for R* staff only), it's a god damn Beta, no need to cancel a game because of it.

That's why I envy the PC community with mods and other great new customizable stuff like skins, (vehicle) models, maps and such tounge.gif I still think it's ridiculous to launch a public BETA with only one stupid map and one mode without vehicles 3 weeks for launch suicidal.gif

Also, multiplayer has become much more important in general. Just as with Uncharted 3 which had a public BETA as well only better and four months before launch. Which means they have plenty of time to tweak a lot unlike Battlefield with 3 weeks or actually even less because they have to go "gold" meaning the finished game code will be printed on dvd/blu ray discs and then shipped to stores. Anyway, Uncharted 1 did not have multiplayer. Uncharted 2 was the first in the series to include this and it was a great succes biggrin.gif So, multiplayer is almost mandatory these days and it's not a bad thing at all because it adds great replay value if done right. And I love the multiplayer from GTA IV since day one and I still enjoy it the most out of all multiplayer games even today cool.gif

For now I still have faith in Rockstar North with GTA V when it comes to multiplayer. Public BETA or not. They will obviously use the GREAT (friendly) free roam from RDR with cleaning out enemy AI gang hideouts coop with friends and such. Also somewhat similar with the Gang Wars and Drug Wars from EFLC. But as said before together with friends online against enemy AI cool.gif

No, this would not happen at all, purely for one reason and one reason only. I cannot envisage R* ever deciding to release a demo for a GTA game. It is something that would just not happen.

Dijital Binali

I seriously don't think they release a beta version. But if they do and it sucks, I would still buy it man. By the way, it is Grand Theft Auto, how bad can it be?

Rest assured, THEY WILL NOT release a demo or beta version, they never have to my knowledge. It's part and parcel as to why they are so secretive in the first place!!

Out of interest have they ever released a demo for any previous GTA title? If not, then we pretty much have our answer. There would be no reason whatsoever for R* to change now.