Invisible ingame model

Dingleman

I have a one model building I have put ingame that renders completely invisible. The collision and LOD is working fine, but the close up model just will not show up at all. I have narrowed it down to being a texture issue, as when I set the IDE to use another random TXD file the building showed up visible, just white, without textures. Here is the TXD file incase there is something wrong that I'm apparently missing.

user posted image

I tried decompressing and recompressing the images and making a completely new TXD and importing all the images again with no luck.

Ideas?

If that were the case, wouldn't I be able to see the other side of the faces ingame when looking from the other side?

Try opening every texture in paint and re-saveing them then use g-txd to make a new .txd file.

This is definitely not a model face problem. I once encoutered the same problem, tried to flip the faces and the model was still invisible. One more way to fix this would be rebuilding the TXD file again one texture at a time and then see which one of the textures will cause the model to turn invisible.

• 1 month later...

also cross-check that the object name INSIDE 3ds Max is the same as the .dff file name, otherwise the model will be invisible, its something that had ran into many times...