Installed New PSU, Keep Getting This Message.

vertical limit

vertical limit

Hey guys what is happening.

I just bought a new PSU( Power Supply Unit) and I installed it and everything,

When open my computer, I get this message in white with a black background( Similiar to the one where you choose to work in Safe Mode)

And it says.

Reboot and Select a proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Please help.

While installing the PSU, did you unplug any of the cables connecting the hard drive(s)? I'm guessing you didn't go into the BIOS. Sounds like you've plugged a different IDE/SATA cable into your drive, if you disconnected it.

user posted image

Algonquin Bridge

Have you made sure that the wires from the newly-installed PSU are connected to the hardware inside the case? Apologies if I've insulted your intelligence.

Because from what I can gather, the BIOS isn't detecting any devices; my best (probably uninformed) guess is that power isn't getting to a device that your system boots from (HDD/CD drive etc.)

vertical limit

While installing the PSU, did you unplug any of the cables connecting the hard drive(s)? I'm guessing you didn't go into the BIOS. Sounds like you've plugged a different IDE/SATA cable into your drive, if you disconnected it.

Yeah, I removed all the wires from old PSU, unplugged the motherboard cable etc.

And then put the new PSU, tied in the screws and plugged the cables and wires, to their place, I must say, that there were a few cables that are "spare", not plugged in any socket.

If there is only a video showing how to connect them properly and correctly, I would be forever in debt to you.

External USB drives will also cause that type of problem because the bios is trying to boot from that instead of your internal HDD, but

then agai,n check all of your drives are getting power from the PSU.

You can swap the spare plugs and see if that helps. If that still don't work and you have it all connected, head into bios and verify your boot order are correct.

It's usually the DEL button. A small message pops up during boot to enter setup. There should be a category called 'BOOT'. Make sure your HDD with the Windows installation is showing up and make sure it has boot priority.

vertical limit
Depends on your board, so you will have to check your manual

Just to be clear, is it when you press one of "F" found on top of the keyboard, when it is starting up?

vertical limit

Entered BIOS, which tab should I choose and where to go?

Please Very specific.

Thanks a lot.

Entered BIOS, which tab should I choose and where to go?

Please Very specific.

Thanks a lot.

It's hard to be specific when every BIOS is unique. Explore the menus to find the harddrive boot priority and make sure your OS drive is up top.

DU8afL0.jpg

It does kind of depend.

Some BIOS the first page will show what drives are detected. Others it'll just list the different areas and the one you want is usually called something along the lines of "Standard CMOS Features"

Do this: disconnect the power to all of the drives but the HDD with the OS and start up with just that and see what you get.

If it boots like normal; next connect 1 of the other HDD(s), if you have any if not then connect 1 the CD/DVD drives and see what you get and if you have more than one and it boots fine after the first one then connect the next one and so on.

Edited by Wolf68k

vertical limit

Boot Configuration

Boot Option Priorities

Boot Option #1. [uSB FLOPPY: MULTIPLECARD READER 1.00]

Boot Option #2. [uSB KEY]

Boot Option #3. CD/DVD TSSTCORP CDDVDM SH-S223c

Boot Option #4. HARD DISK

Boot Option #5. UEFI

Boot Option #6. USB CD/DVD

Boot Option #7. USB HARD DISK

Boot Option #8. Network

USB FLOPPY DRIVE BBS PRIORITIES

Boot Option #1 MULTIPLECARD READER 1.00

CD/DVD RO DRIVE BBS PRIORITIES

Boot Option #1. TSSTCORP CDDVDM SH-S223C

I wrote the exact same thing, from my monitor.

From the Boot tab to be exact.

Algonquin Bridge

Change the boot option priorities so that "HARD DISK" is set as "Boot Option #1". Your system should boot from the HDD after that.

vertical limit

Thanks so much guys, I will be forever be in debt to you, thank you so much.

I posted this with my PC.

That makes no sense

It doesn't matter what order the the boot options are, if it doesn't detect an OS on one it'll move to the next and so on.

However I will say this. Newer mobo's these days the Boot Order options is kind of useless since there is usually now a option at boot to press F12 (or some other key) to choose what drive to boot from.

On my Asus P8P67 pro, it uses the new UFI BIOS, so once you enter setup the boot list is right at the bottom and you can drag and drop your boot priorities.

vertical limit

That makes no sense

It doesn't matter what order the the boot options are, if it doesn't detect an OS on one it'll move to the next and so on.

However I will say this. Newer mobo's these days the Boot Order options is kind of useless since there is usually now a option at boot to press F12 (or some other key) to choose what drive to boot from.

It was set to USB slot, I changes it to hard drive.

Thanks nonetheless.

I got my my graphics card today and have something to say.

It is fully connected to the computer and the monitor doesn't seem to detect it, it is like if the PC is off, orange/red button.

I got my my graphics card today and have something to say.

It is fully connected to the computer and the monitor doesn't seem to detect it, it is like if the PC is off, orange/red button.

What graphics card did you get? If it's med-high end it probably needs additional power (rather than the PCI-E alone), you say you have plugged a 4/6/8pin cable or two from your PSU into it as well?

Make sure you are actually plugging your monitor into the back of your graphics card DVI/VGA port, and not the onboard one (in the back of the PC). Might sound stupid but it's an easy mistake to make.

DU8afL0.jpg

Have you made sure that the wires from the newly-installed PSU are connected to the hardware inside the case? Apologies if I've insulted your intelligence.

Because from what I can gather, the BIOS isn't detecting any devices; my best (probably uninformed) guess is that power isn't getting to a device that your system boots from (HDD/CD drive etc.)

That's amusing, as even if you forget the CPU power connect, you'll have trouble turning the thing on for one thing! hahaha

I mean the 20/24 pin and 4 pin to CPU, not the device Molex and SATA connectors, sorry! My bad if that turns out to be the case

I'd say, sounds like a boot issue as well, not sure how a PSU effects it other then you may jostle wires and interconnects while inside a case working with your hands

vertical limit

Thank you all for helping me, I couldn't have asked for better cyber friends.

I got the PSU working and so did the GFX card.

I will be forever in your debt and thankful for eternity.

Your faithfully.

Vertical Limit