All of a sudden.

Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Today, I turned on the computer, everything was fine and all but after a few minutes, PC froze, I wasn't able to move the mouse and CTRL ALT DELETE didn't work either. Shortly after the screen became weird, like 2 kinds of horizontal stripes, one whitish and the other blackish(multiple of them) appeared for a very short time and then I got BSOD. Don't remember what I read on the BSOD screen but after I restarted, nothing happened. Everything was fine and it works as it used to be now. I got the Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown notification and I pressed "show more details". It came up with something similar to this;

BCCode: 1000008e

BCP1: C0000005

BCP2: 8FAD575A

BCP3: 97B4FAEC

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6000

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030707-01.dmp

C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-88359-0.sysdata.xml

C:\Users\Andy\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA66.tmp.version.txt

That's not my code but it's almost the same. Especially the last part which starts like "Files that help describe the problem". Any ideas?

Edited by Superpowermind

Midnight Special

Ah sorry I forgot that one.

Motherboard: ASUS P5QC

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2,83 GHZ

Video Card: Saphirre Radeon HD 4870 VAPOR X 2GB

Ram: 4gb

Horizontal lines before bsod?

Looks like your video card is crapping out.

You can disable automatic restart on system failure to see what is the error on the bsod

Press F8 for that option

The flicker of "black & white horizontal lines" he describes also happens with my card before a bluescreen, just like when I change the GPU clocks in MSIafterburner. As far as I know it is nothing to worry about, and is probably just the card resetting to factory default clocks (i.e. not the Windows-controlled power saving clocks) when the system failure occurs.

OP,

uninstall your video drivers and clean any leftover files using Driver Sweeper, then reinstall the drivers. Check if bluescreens still occur after that.

If not an issue with drivers, it might be a problem with your RAM. Use a program such as Memtest to check for any evidence of corruption in your memory.

DU8afL0.jpg

You can disable automatic restart on system failure to see what is the error on the bsod

Press F8 for that option

Yep, the lines lead me towards the graphics card being an issue.

I'd say make sure it's seated properly, and if it needs a power line from the PSU make sure it's firmly in place.

Are you still able to at least get Windows to load for a bit? If so, and you've done the above and are still having the issues, try updating your drivers. Probably won't fix it, but it's possible. If that fails and you haven't tweaked with any settings on your card, replace it.

1xHtopY.png

Midnight Special

Could it also be a problem with my HDD? Cause for a year, I've been getting a SMART notification telling me, Pri Slave Hard Disk Status Bad, Backup and Replace. Though nothing happens. Also the BSOD problem didn't appear today. I think it was one time only cause it works as it should used to be. I can play games n stuff. Nothing's affected.

Edited by Superpowermind

Get that minidump file C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030707-01.dmp zip it up and upload it some place and give me the link.

I've got a tool that can analyze it and see where the problem is.

Midnight Special
Get that minidump file C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini030707-01.dmp zip it up and upload it some place and give me the link.

I've got a tool that can analyze it and see where the problem is.

Alright, I've sent you a personal message. Check it out.