SOTW #17

UNRATED69

If you believe someone's entry is poor, simply do not vote for it. People have a right to enter their creations in contests like this, even if they are a bit un-creative.

So does that mean I should refrain from voting then?

This week's topic is pathetic.

4XEtraA.jpg

Well I think we've established the importance of deciding on a theme before starting a new SOTW. tounge.gif

I gave some suggestions in the previous thread. Things like landscapes, urban, graffiti, vectors (like more complicated vector art), 3D, pixel, watercolor, old/classic, retro, vehicles, typography, matte, photography-based... etc. There are loads of themes, and with a little imagination and creativity could make some interesting results. Or try something different like a movie, or music based theme, or something for a particular event. Things that are both original but interesting and creative.

Edited by SmC12

I'll admit I didn't pick the best theme this week, but it's really only as creative as you make it, and not even trying doesn't really solve anything.

So, on the topic of themes, out of the ones SmC posted, which one would you guys like to see next week?

user posted image

Broader themes, rather than a requirement to include a specific subject, are a lot better and give more room for inspiration in my opinion.

Bang on, Rob. This theme puts a lot of constriction on the artist. I have no qualms with the flowers part, it's the limiting people to a single digital medium that I find silly (nothing to do with the fact that I suck at everything except pixel art). I've always seen the themes as a way to challenge the artist into thinking outside the box, certainly not there to force them into learning a new style of art.

Also, every couple weeks there should be a theme-less comp so there's less burnout. Since SOTW started back up we've managed to go through 17 competitions without a single theme-less week. Wild.

P.S. Eat my shorts, vertical.

J4KPE60.gif

Moonshield's less handsome join date brother <3

So, on the topic of themes, out of the ones SmC posted, which one would you guys like to see next week?

I would say Classic, Retro, or Landscape.