Hide money counter/gauge from the HUD

KyanoAng3l0

A couple of saved games and years of playing this old game later, I've just recently realized money in GTA: San Andreas is now useless to me as I play the game nowadays just for cool or silly random fun like parkour and skateboard mods, among others, and I can easily grab a couple more bucks in the nearest dollar sign icon.

Eventually, I've decided to make a mod that will replace the money system with something a bit better for these reasons... but only if I could first find a way to hide the money counter/gauge/display from the HUD. I believe this requires some memory hacking via CLEO coding, which I really suck at.

Can anyone help me out? Perhaps provide me some useful memory addresses or codes I could start with, or an alternative method to hiding the thing from the HUD permanently? Thanks in advance. smile.gif

Easy. Just put this in your CLEO script (compatible with CLEO3 and CLEO4):

0A8C: write_memory 0x58F607 size 4 value 0x90909090 virtual_protect 10A8C: write_memory 0x58F60B size 1 value 0x90 virtual_protect 1

Whole CLEO file:

{$CLEO}0A8C: write_memory 0x58F607 size 4 value 0x90909090 virtual_protect 10A8C: write_memory 0x58F60B size 1 value 0x90 virtual_protect 10A93: end_custom_thread

Or, shorter and CLEO4-only version:

{$CLEO}0A8C: write_memory 0x58F607 size 5 value 0x90 virtual_protect 10A93: end_custom_thread

Any tips or online tuts on how you guys figure these memory addresses and values out? Really, memory code so far confuses me. I'm hoping to learn more so I can finally ask questions less.

Btw, thanks for the code. smile.gif