Will gta IV run on my dell inspiron 14r n4110?

silentsam5

Will gta IV run on my dell inspiron 14r n4110?

I dont want to waste my money in buying it! does any1 know?

by the way, i have an i5 processor , 4 gigs of ram,

and my video card is "Intel HD Graphics/HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6GB Dynamic Video Memory"

"Intel HD Graphics" means that only a few games will run, and GTAIV is not one of them. Forget about it.

74cXSsx.png

by the way, i have an i5 processor

what is the exact model of the processor? is it dual core or quad

Enough with the questions about can I run it on INTEL GMA suicidal.gif . Maybe we should sticky a thread tha says; Intel GMA cant run GTA IV!

by the way, i have an i5 processor

what is the exact model of the processor? is it dual core or quad

ALL I5's are Dual Cores, the only thing is they have Hyperthreading Technology which makes it a Quad Core Performance wise-I have an I5 and it says "4 CPU's" under the DXDIAG menu...yet the I7 is the ONLY one that is a true Quad in the Intel "I" family of processors(I3, I5, and I7)...Just a friendly heads up... tounge2.gif

But, OT-Intel Video cards are NOT supported by IV and EFLC, and WILL NOT run the game at more than 5 fps, if it even runs at all...simply put, those cards are Shared vram(shared with the System RAM), and from experiance with Intel cards, I have never seen one have more than 256MB of Dedicated VRAM...If you had read the Pinned "Can I Run it..." thread AND the box the game came in, you would have known this...

You can run GTA III, VC, and SA at near Maxed out, however..I have confirmed that one on a lower-end PC-Intel Centrino(Core2Duo) @2.0GHZ, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Intel GMA 965 w/128MB dedicated vram, and XP Pro SP2(SP3 now), and SA gets around 30-50fps with ALL settings maxed.VC and III get 50+ maxed...Just a couple of friendly heads up.. tounge2.gifsmile.gif

Enough with the questions about can I run it on INTEL GMA suicidal.gif . Maybe we should sticky a thread tha says; Intel GMA cant run GTA IV!

There is a Pinned topic for this Right here, it is the "Can I Run it.." thread that apparently no one reads before making a new topic about these kinds of things??? After all, since it is Pinned that means it is a very useful topic, as topics are not pinned for no reason...Just curious why everyone thinks they have to make a new topic instead of following the rules and using the Pinned topic like they are supposed to? confused.gif

Edited by radioman

@radioman

Many i5's are quad core, take the i5-2500k for example wink.gif

He is talking about the laptop i5 processors, and he's right. All of them are dual cores.

3lIXKDi.png

He is talking about the laptop i5 processors, and he's right. All of them are dual cores.

Ah, I didn't see that.

My bad moto_whistle.gif

@radioman

Many i5's are quad core, take the i5-2500k for example wink.gif

Didn't exactly make it very clear, though. To clarify, my i5-760 is also a "true" quad core, but all i5-600, i5-400m & i5-500m's are hyperthreaded dual cores.

There are also loads of dual core i7's for notebooks (like the i7 2640M). I don't have a clue why you'd want that over a cheaper i5 model, since it'd be near identical aside from clockspeed and integrated graphics clocks. Probably just a marketing scheme. Like the 5450's with 2GB vram. tounge.gif

DU8afL0.jpg

Probably just a marketing scheme. Like the 5450's with 2GB vram. tounge.gif

Oh how was I tempted to buy that piece of sh*t biggrin.gif

However, back on topic: Maybe we can recommend you buying a suitable laptop. Can you show us your budget?

3lIXKDi.png