Car Repairs

Los Santos Pedestrian

Los Santos Pedestrian

I know in the past GTA games you've been able to make quick and easy repairs by just driving into a garage or going to a Pay'n'Spray. But what if you don't have garage space or need to save money? That's what I've always thought. My idea is that you can make repairs by yourself with spare parts.

Perhaps there can be scrapyards with parts from most/all of the vehicles in the game, and you can buy them for a low price, much less than a Pay'n'Spray visit. Then you can take those parts back to your place and replace the dented or destroyed parts of your car. It's a simple DIY project.

Since it costs less than a Pay'n'Spray visit which costs $100, just one part can save you a lot of money. I know that this really wouldn't matter at the end of the game when you have more money, but it could be useful at the beginning if you don't have much money, plus you don't want to steal another because you like that color or don't want police attention.

So what do you say, is it a good idea?

Being able to spend your money on more creative ways, yes, R* should find something for that.

Modding, repairing, buying, selling cars could be one of these ways.

Though saving money by buying spare parts is the same as making expensive restaurants next to cheap restaurants. Imagine you can go to a certain restaurant and pay 5$ to replenish your health, and being able to go to more expensive restaurants where you can replenish your health for 10$. Not something a lot of people will use. They'll probably go for the easiest way of achieving your goal(namely replenishing your health)

So nice thinking, but i dont think this idea in particular would be very practical.

Because when you think GTA, you think DIY car repair. Honestly, as long as the other repair options are still available, go ahead. Not many people keep their cars anyways, unless they customized it.

Because when you think GTA, you think DIY car repair. Honestly, as long as the other repair options are still available, go ahead. Not many people keep their cars anyways, unless they customized it.

I ALWAYS tried to keep one car from start to finish on San An, from the begining I would drive up around vinewood/mullholland area and snag the first good car I found - usualy a Banshee or Buffalo......I don't think any of them even made it to San Fierro, I would usually get it smashed up, see a nice clean one and think "why the f*ck am trying to keep this?"

Me personally, I would rather just stick my car in a place and it is fixed, I rather it wouldn't advance the game 3hours (or whatever 4 did) though, because 1, you would lose the song you were listening to, and 2, everytime I seemed to go through it, it was evening time and it made the game night and misty/rainy - when I do most of my crashing anyway. That was just a token addition towards that magic R word, I felt in the pay & spray case, it should be all or nothing - prefarably nothing.

Sounds like a waste of disc space. Put in the cheat and be done. Why go to a scrap yard, pick parts, and put them on for a car that you will see 50 times during that trip? These ideas lately have been getting worse and worse. Good lord they need to announce this game.