EFLC (PS3) Modding

Mike Bowler

Hey people new to this modding stuff earlier, i attempted a small mod of PS3 EFLC commonl.rpf / handling.dat and got an infinite load cycle. I had a similar problem with PS3 IV and found it was due to silly mistakes i have checked for similar this time but i can't see any errors.

So is modification of PS3 EFLC of currently possible? If so are there any special steps i should take such as checksum fixing or keeping filesizes the same?

edit: sorry i forgot to mention i have been looking forever and a day for where i could have gone wrong but the PS3 side of the scene seems rather small.

1 fix get a pc.....

What did you think i made the post from genius? also why buy the pc version when i already own a ps3 version? also as an update its not a filesize problem as i successfully added a file to the archive and the game runs fine, so now i wonder could i put in a second handling file and have the game use that instead.

Console modding is not to be discussed in any aspect here on the forums.

Are you a mod ? i don't understand the objection. Also i have read the rules and i saw none against console game modding.

No one interested in consoles they limited to modding.It's illegal also you can be banned online.Why take the risk pc you have right to edit game without no bans.

G1T

First off plenty of people are interested in modding PS3 games, if more people took interest i'm sure that GTA would have been torn apart by now and model edits would also be possible¬, second i don't see how its anymore legal than modding the pc version surely in the agreement for the PC version it says something along the lines of "we don't want you pissing about with our game otherwise there may be legal implications", thirdly i don't play online i'm actually modding it to make it more child friendly and i don't give 2 f*cks about PSN given its recent security breaches i don't trust it.. i may one day take the plunge and get the PC version but for now this remains my priority

First off plenty of people are interested in modding PS3 games, if more people took interest i'm sure that GTA would have been torn apart by now and model edits would also be possible¬, second i don't see how its anymore legal than modding the pc version surely in the agreement for the PC version it says something along the lines of "we don't want you pissing about with our game otherwise there may be legal implications", thirdly i don't play online i'm actually modding it to make it more child friendly and i don't give 2 f*cks about PSN given its recent security breaches i don't trust it.. i may one day take the plunge and get the PC version but for now this remains my priority

Well 1 thing console modding can be to hard.Also no one has time to re-engineer consoles like pc they formats aren't easy like pc's.Why mod console for just edits colors and weps and cars and flying and textures and map mods just iv objects.That not as fun as pc.

G1T

i see your point but as i said i'm making it more child friendly and a 5yo can have fun with the most basic edits

Are you a mod ? i don't understand the objection. Also i have read the rules and i saw none against console game modding.

It's the principle at hand.

Console modding itself may be discussed on the forums given that there is a topic about it concerning the Xbox 360 in TBoGT section, but modding help for consoles is not condoned here on the forums.

You may take it up with a moderator if you wish, but don't get your hopes up.

if more people took interest i'm sure that GTA would have been torn apart by now

The GTA community has already been torn apart by modder's on the Xbox 360 version of the game. You can find (and I can guarantee that it's true) that not as many people are playing GTA IV these days not purely because it's getting old and boring, but because people that are modding it are simply taking away the fun and spirit of the game away from them and we/they are getting completely fed up with it.

It's completely up to you if you decide to mod your game in order to gain more features for it to have 'fun', but I doubt you're going to receive any help here.

A five year old should not condone in these types of games.

My intention was to remove blood, make the weapons and fire harmless and make the characters more friendly, this way the child doesn't see violence so much as role-play

edit: in fact thinking about it i could completely remove fire by turning object flammability down

Edited by Mike Bowler

A five year old should not condone in these types of games.

My intention was to remove blood, make the weapons and fire harmless and make the characters more friendly, this way the child doesn't see violence so much as role-play

edit: in fact thinking about it i could completely remove fire by turning object flammability down

Just go play diff game you ruin the game.

G1T

I wonder that this didn´t get locked yet. Anyway now it´s fitting more and more to D&D rather than modding. monocle.gif

Help with console modding you won´t get here. Before this happens, be sure that a Mod will engage and prohibit this.

Edited by NaidRaida

alright lock the topic then i can still easily mod iv rather than eflc.

How is it that i ruin the game? i hardly intend to go online with a modded version. Edited by Mike Bowler

alright lock the topic then i can still easily mod iv rather than eflc.

How is it that i ruin the game? i hardly intend to go online with a modded version.

It wont be gta no more if you do.

G1T