Community

Pagelzilla

user posted image

Community is a show on NBC about a group of 7 community college students trying to pass. A lot of goofy things happen and pure awesomeness ensues. Watch this show.

Season 3 starts tonight!! I'm really excited to see what the addition of John Goodman and Michael K. Williams does for the dynamic of the show. IGN has a fun article up today which includes some insight into the new season. Also, Wired.com has a good article up about the show's creator, Dan Harmon.

Edited by Pagelzilla

I never thought I'd like this show. But, as it turns out, I'm a sucker for parodies. Loved it from Goodfellas chicken finger episode. Glad to see it get whackier throughout season 2, and I very much look forward to season 3!

So Pierce is gone from the group for good then? I really dig the show, so I'll be watching tonight. Just for Annie's Boobs.

4XEtraA.jpg

Troy - "That's probably the monkey that lives in the vents. I named him Annie's Boobs, after Annie's boobs."

So Pierce is gone from the group for good then?

No. I was disappointed not to see them play it out a little more over an arc.

Weak season premiere, a handful of good jokes here and there. The good news is, It can only get better from here. biggrin.gif

...the best American sitcom since Arrested Development.

Let's hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Arrested Development....

Shh Slamman. Community has a great ensemble cast.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god, laughed my balls off at last night's episode. When Troy returns to his apartment with the pizzas to find Pierce shot on the ground and his apartment on fire with the troll doll on the ground staring at him, then he gets all wide-eyed and screams "Noooo!" Pure joy

^ The ending is what had me busting a gut. That was gold!

Britta: Enough of the timeline crap, Abed! Pierce got shot in the leg and died! Shirley's a drunk. Annie's left in a mental ward because her guilt drove her insane. Jeff lost an arm in the fire. Troy lost his larynx, because, for some dumb reason, he tried to destroy a flaming troll doll by eating it!

Troy (speach distorted with a voice box): Clearly you don't understand anything about defeating trolls.

Abed's answer: Black Goatees made of felt.

biggrin.gif

Hhahaha, YES! I love that all Britta changed was adding a blue streak to her hair

• 4 weeks later...
...the best American sitcom since Arrested Development.

Let's hope it doesn't suffer the same fate as Arrested Development....

Shh Slamman. Community has a great ensemble cast.

I've watched it, but even Chevy could do better. I'm just not swayed since I hate to see talent wasted.

• 3 months later...

What a f*cking joke. I hope Harmon & Co. find a home somewhere more conducive. Network TV is in its death throes.

• 2 weeks later...

There's also a three part animated short running on NBC.com and Hulu 3/7-9. It might not be available in regions other than the US but it may show up on Youtube.

Here's the first - http://www.nbc.com/community/video/abeds-m...-part-1/1389340

jMNM8n3.gif

If anybody manages to find a Youtube link, I would greatly appreciate it. smile.gif

Abed's Master Key

Part 1:

Part 2:

biggrin.gif

Edited by d4v1d

• 1 month later...

Almost finished season one. This show is genius. Can't remember the last sitcom to have me laughing so hard I had to rewind the thing to catch what I missed.

user posted image

It gets even better in S2 because they start putting out a lot of high-concept episodes like the paintball or chicken fingers episodes. I'm a huge fan of those. The last one was a Ken Burns parody. They f*cking nailed it. I was grinning like an oaf throughout the entire episode. They'll have a hard time outdoing that one as far as I'm concerned.

Yq5y51Y.png

The chicken fingers one blew my mind. I went through a period of watching all those mob films so I was watching every spoof with a massive grin on my face. The "Layla" montage slayed me.

Abed doing Batman and Don Draper and absolutely nailing them lol.gif

It's not just the meta-humour and parody either, there seems to be a genuine attempt at character development and heart.

And also Alison Brie's sexually repressed Jew(ish person).

user posted image

How is this show not more famous? It's not on any of the major TV channels over in the UK, either terrestrial or satellite television.

user posted image

Do you get Sky?

http://www.sonytv.com/shows/community

jMNM8n3.gif

How is this show not more famous? It's not on any of the major TV channels over in the UK, either terrestrial or satellite television.

Oh, really? Although to be fair the article does say it's much under-appreciated, and VIVA and SET are hardly major.

Anyway, I've been rewatching a lot of these recently and it's even better the second time around. So many subtle jokes and so much foreshadowing that I didn't or couldn't catch the first time through.

user posted image