How would you fix up Free Mode to make it better?

King Jose

If I was in charge on how Free Mode could/should be made I would allow the host to decide what weapons & vechiles would be in their Free Mode. In my Free Mode the only weapon I take away would be the RPG/Rocket Launcher. I hate driving in a nice car when theres other players near by cause it worries me they might have a RPG & 80% of the time they do. As for the vechiles I take away I wouldn't take away any cars (Would like to just have the nice cars roaming around the city) I would however take away the helicopters & I don't think I need to explain why I would take them away. So yay, thats what I would do to make Free Mode better by taking away the stuff noobs like to use ALL THE TIME IN FREE MODE.

p.s Before anyone says "In Free Mode in Lost and Damned you didn't have to worry about people in helicopters cause the Annihilator wasn't in there unless you got in from the cops" Answer me this, how many people even play Free Mode on Lost and Damned? Not many, at least on xbox. Not sure about PS3.

I wouldn't take away the annihilator, but I would take away the explosive rounds on the annihilator in tbogt and also the buzzards rockets.

And I would sort out that fault or glitch that makes all the cars disapear, or any kind of transport, its a pain having to run for miles.

Edited by ScoobydooWRX

The ability to change game parameters in-game would be nice. 'Cops on' is all fine and well when there's a just a few of you online, but when the server fills up it can be a nightmare.

Balancing the weapon drops.

I mean, it's hilarious that stronger weapons like RPGs and Carbine Rifles are so common, but weapons like Molotov Cocktails, Desert Eagles or simple Sniper Rifles are so rare.

And also, why the hell do they gift the annihilator pilots 8 RPG rockets? Isn't a very fast giant army heli with 4 mounted miniguns enough for them?

I'd encorporate Co-op missions into free mode, I'd also put a system similar to the posses in RDR in place, perhaps call it "gangs". Players can't just join gangs though, they have to be invited, once invited and accepted, the player is given the option to wear the gang colours.

I'd make killing law enforcement rewardable with either Xp or $, the higher your wanted level, the more points/score you get.

Put "friend" activities into free mode also, like bowling and pool, (but decent)

7cg1vNw.png

CanadianVagrant

I'm surprised "adjust blips" hasn't come up yet.

I'd fix the blip system so that it had more options available to it.

All = The current and only setting available to Free Mode for the original multiplayer.

None = Self-explanatory.

RDR Hardcore Setting = Travelling quickly (Sprinting, Horseback, etc.) shows your blip. As does firing your weapons.

I would also implement the RDR "down on the D-Pad" setting. If you couldn't find someone on the map or their blip has been displayed in quite some time then you could simply hold down the D-Pad for a couple of seconds and see what district/area/region they were currently in. (This could be toggled on or off, depending on your preference, as well as being tweaked in a certain manner that I'm too lazy to explain at the moment)

I'd also tweak the settings of the annihilator helicopters. Firstly, make the rotor blades of all helicopters (Not limited to Annihilators) have much less HP so that insta-killing someone with them isn't as viable of an option. Second, when you do get in an annihilator you no longer see any of the blips on the radar, or the pause screen map (Applies to passengers seats as well) this could separate the skilled pilots from the children. You would actually have to hunt for your kills and learn the layout of the city. Another change for the helicopters would be that they no longer hand out RPGs like a vending machine, and lastly, they wouldn't have unlimited ammunition for the gatling guns on the sides.

RPG spawns wouldn't be on the street anymore, you'd have to go to specific locations to obtain them. And you can no longer hold up to eight rocket propelled grenades, you get one. Make it count.

I'd tweak the cover system to be more reactive and less clunky but that applies more to actual core gameplay then to Free Mode itself...

copsncrooksfan
I'd encorporate Co-op missions into free mode, I'd also put a system similar to the posses in RDR in place, perhaps call it "gangs". Players can't just join gangs though, they have to be invited, once invited and accepted, the player is given the option to wear the gang colours.

I'd make killing law enforcement rewardable with either Xp or $, the higher your wanted level, the more points/score you get.

Put "friend" activities into free mode also, like bowling and pool, (but decent)

Yes, some kind of missions to do. That reminded me of shawn white snowboarding. There could be icons around the city that you and friends could acrivate. I always thought that bank robbery mission would have been a sick one with some friends. Something like that might actually inspire me to give free mode a shot!

i'd most definitely remove the "kick fuction" from free mode, so when i'm killing someone they can't spam kick & the rest will follow the lead of kicking me!

Increase the max players from 16 to 32

Incorporate a gang function (like the posse function in RDR)

Also have said for a long time (? 2008) that there should be an option for heli's (On, maverick only and off) so agree with OP on that one smile.gif

Custom select which weapons and vehicles appear.

Allow host to kick people without the majority of the other players vote.

Second, when you do get in an annihilator you no longer see any of the blips on the radar, or the pause screen map (Applies to passengers seats as well)

i like this idea.

i wouldnt take helicopters out entirely, i would just put ammo caps on their rockets and miniguns, so if they plan on spawn killing, they have to make the ammo last. also, fix the glitch where all vehicles disapear for 15+ minutes. running around for no reason, just waiting for a car, is annoying. and i agree that the host should be able to kick players w/o a majority vote. he IS the leader, of course.

the disapearing cars ...

I drive a inferno, stop on the road and jump the fence to pickup granades.

I jump the fence back to car and just as i want to enter the car the car vanished. Thats bad...

Also as fatal1ty619 mentioned the disapearing of ALL cars for longer period of time also sucks big time.

Another "glitch" thats bothering me is when you want to enter a car that some one else is driving and if he moves the car just as you are about to enter sometimes your character goes into "drunk mode" stumbling for several seconds, then falling on the ground and slowly getting up ... its a lol, but annoying.

What about when there ARE cars around but you can't enter them, your charactar doesn't react when you press the triangle button, usually when you really need the damn car....anoying.

... and i agree that the host should be able to kick players w/o a majority vote. he IS the leader, of course.

On the PC version this is already the case.

CanadianVagrant
What about when there ARE cars around but you can't enter them, your charactar doesn't react when you press the triangle button, usually when you really need the damn car....anoying.

That is just bad lag.

I'd fix the blip system so that it had more options available to it.

None = Self-explanatory.

All I could ever want from the PS3 version is this. rolleyes.gif

i'd most definitely remove the "kick fuction" from free mode, so when i'm killing someone they can't spam kick & the rest will follow the lead of kicking me!

ill vote for that, theres nothing more pathetic than a kicker. angry.gif

B

The kick function is there for a reason, its to keep the knob heads from ruining peoples fun, nothing more pathetic than a heli pilot (especialy the buzzards)who refuses to come out of his heli and just keeps on killing people from high up safe.

B

The kick function is there for a reason, its to keep the knob heads from ruining peoples fun, nothing more pathetic than a heli pilot (especialy the buzzards)who refuses to come out of his heli and just keeps on killing people from high up safe.

biggrin.gif then ppl should grow a pair and get a heli and fight! instead of running and hiding, and spam kicking.

if ppl dont like the game that much THEY! should leave.

hiding and kicking = pathetic.

B

biggrin.gif then ppl should grow a pair and get a heli and fight! instead of running and hiding, and spam kicking.

Its got f*ck all to do with growing a pair, its a game, but some people don't like flying around all day in choppers, they wanna have fun doing other things, and then what happens? Some penis in a heli comes along and plays the same old record. So why should they leave?

Give the player more things to do besides just deathmatch.

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

B

Its got f*ck all to do with growing a pair, its a game, but some people don't like flying around all day in choppers, they wanna have fun doing other things, and then what happens? Some penis in a heli comes along and plays the same old record. So why should they leave?

well if they dont like flying in helis all day, they should play lost and dammed where there r no helis, with u being so defensive i guess u kick alot biggrin.gif

heyy im not judgeing if u wanna hide and kick all day thats fine rolleyes.gif it is just a game and freemode. u can do what u like.

it just seems cowardly, ppl should fight and blow each other up thats why the games got 2 helis n a sh*t load of guns. devil.gif

each 2 thier own.

better to b a penis with huge balls, instead of a vagina tounge2.gif

abolish kick feature icon14.gif

Edited by cerberusxxxx

B

well if they dont like flying in helis all day, they should play lost and dammed where there r no helis, with u being so defensive i guess u kick alot biggrin.gif

heyy im not judgeing if u wanna hide and kick all day thats fine rolleyes.gif it is just a game and freemode. u can do what u like.

it just seems cowardly, ppl should fight and blow each other up thats why the games got 2 helis n a sh*t load of guns. devil.gif

each 2 thier own.

The reason people don't bother trying to fight back in the sky is because about 65% of those people in helicopters have aim-bot. Other reason is because not everyone is good in helicopter battles, im one of those people which is why I always try to avoid helicopter battles cause I know 70% of the time I will lose and die.

Now if someone is killing people over & over in the helicopter I try to do the helicopter glitch to give myself a fighting chance to take them down.

(The helicopter glitch is where the other players don't see you shooting your bullets)

B

each 2 thier own.

The reason people don't bother trying to fight back in the sky is because about 65% of those people in helicopters have aim-bot. Other reason is because not everyone is good in helicopter battles, im one of those people which is why I always try to avoid helicopter battles cause I know 70% of the time I will lose and die.

Now if someone is killing people over & over in the helicopter I try to do the helicopter glitch to give myself a fighting chance to take them down.

(The helicopter glitch is where the other players don't see you shooting your bullets)

fair point*respect*

i will just say in my experience, i respect ppl who try thier best and usually leave them alone.

but ppl who kick, they only make themself's a target, and deserve 2 b spawn killed lol devil.gif

each 2 thier own.

Well I was thinking more maggot than penis really lol.

No I like to play with some degree of intelligence and tactics rather than just flying around spraying unlimited bullits at everyone.

Cowardly? Hmmmm says the man up in his monster heli unable to come down and do anything a bit risky.

I guess your a maggot thats why YOUR getting defensive

each 2 thier own.

Well I was thinking more maggot than penis really lol.

No I like to play with some degree of intelligence and tactics rather than just flying around spraying unlimited bullits at everyone.

Cowardly? Hmmmm says the man up in his monster heli unable to come down and do anything a bit risky.

I guess your a maggot thats why YOUR getting defensive

biggrin.gif do u always have 2 have the last word lol

im not getting defensive im just seeing how much ur gonna argue lol

as far as tactics on the ground theirs no such thing its just kill respawn kill respawn.

the only thing that requires any skill r the helis tounge2.gif

i guess well agree 2 disagree!

i think kicking while hiding is pathetic and u dont! lol.gif

r u gonna let me have the last word? sigh.gif

and 4 the record my penis is NO maggot! happy.gif

• 3 weeks later...
SPiTFiRE x187x

That's absurd! You think just because a Pilot is circling you and is accurate he must have an aimbot?!?

I have seen many different Pilots since the games release, not one has used an Aimbot. There have been Modders who will have had rapid fire for the heli and therefore will kill you almost instantly, but that still requires them to aim.

Also just because there's a Pilot in the game doesn't mean you have to be a Pilot yourself to deal with him.

Check out the link in my signature.

BuzzBeerCompany

The HOST needs more control, the HOST should be able to speculate through other players and ONLY the HOST should be able to kick a player out. The HOST should also have no radar blip and is immune from death whether or not friendly fire is on or not. If the HOST is not playing fair, then leave the game and join another or start your own. suicidal.gif

This voting to kick feature can be a good thing, however voting over and over and over just annoys everyone in the game. You can only cast 1 vote. It's also used as a way to intimidate another player in Free Mode. Voting to many times should sign U out of PSN online and out of the game. icon14.gif