FPS stuck at 55

ToKeSs

Hey all I just got my new rig overclocked an thought i'd put GTA 4 vanilla to the test its runs great except my frames per second is stuck at 55 has anyone encountered this? am using 1070 patch with win 7 64bit 4gb ram 2500k@ 4.5ghz 6950 1gb 11.8 driver my card is only using 756mb of my Vram with auto config no matter what settings or resolution I use it stays pegged at 55 fps -_- all my other games run fine tho

I am not sure what is causing this issue, but its not realy a big deal. 55 fps is great. Its also not bouncing around so there wont be any gaps (lag) in the second being mesured.

you imply this game isnt running fine @ 55 fps? you are in the top 3% of people that run higher than 45 fps average. the most fps that can be pulled on this game using a 120 hz monitor or any configuration for that fact is 72 fps. anything above 50 is gravy.

so why does this topic even exist? sounds more like sly bragging disguised as an issue.

yeah! i agree. if i get above 45 on any of my machines (only one currently - the x4 925), i start trying to bump up the detail levels instead

No I was serious about the 55fps lock cuz I know I could get 60fps=smooth I tried running it on XP but that gave me lower frame rate an stutter

I had issues with patch 7 running at 60fps with vsync on. For some reason at 1080p the vsync would only cap to 56fps, and it did my head in.

I downgraded to patch 4 and the game is capped correctly to 60fps again.

DU8afL0.jpg