Buddies/Friends

The Nefarious

First off I'm sorry if this has already been suggested, I did a quick search and couldn't find a similar topic.

Ok so I was thinking maybe this Forum should have a facility similar to the Red Dead forums whereby users can have a list of buddies which links to their friends/buddies profile on the forum. I think it would not only enhance the community aspect of the forum as a whole but would be far more effective than the current respect list, partly as an ego booster for certain members but also as an indicator of the most respected people on the forum as the time a member has been active does not always reflect this.

Maybe there could also be a gang section in people's profiles which shows affiliation to other people in that regard??

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

IPB 2.x has this, IPB 1.3 doesn't have and I don't know of any mods for that, it will be hard to implement if not impossible due to the amount of coding required.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

IPB 2.x has this, IPB 1.3 doesn't have and I don't know of any mods for that, it will be hard to implement if not impossible due to the amount of coding required.

So what you're saying is, when the big update that the admins have been promising for god knows how long now rolls around this feature will be implemented??

Edited by Money Over Bullshit

It would turn the forum too facebookish, it ain't really needed, respect lists are fine in my opinion.

*implemented.

And yes, V2.

Thanks for the clarification Girish. I guess I'll just have to sit tight 'til V2

I like the idea. However, I personally feel as if it should only have a top 10 spot light. A top 10 would make users create a better list rather than just adding all the mods/admins + 40 other people.

fV9tG4b.gif

I like the idea. However, I personally feel as if it should only have a top 10 spot light. A top 10 would make users create a better list rather than just adding all the mods/admins + 40 other people.

People can always just reject friend requests. I for one wouldn't just accept a request from anybody, I'd have to have some form of respect for them because of their actions and/or achievements on the forums and I highly doubt the mods and admins would accept friend requests from anybody but their inner circle. I think a limit of ten would be plenty though.

People can always just reject friend requests. I for one wouldn't just accept a request from anybody, I'd have to have some form of respect for them because of their actions and/or achievements on the forums and I highly doubt the mods and admins would accept friend requests from anybody but their inner circle. I think a limit of ten would be plenty though.

Well now see, it reads to me as a member just adding profile links to a small index and calling them their buddies. Without permission.

Now you suggest there be a accept option? So, you're saying when I log in, I have to jump to my messages index then I have to jump into my friend request index? Sounds like that would be a side job to do. Some of us get enough PM's to respond to, others get more and Mods/Admins have Messages/reports to get to. Where's time for accepting friend requests?

Dude, at the end of the day there is always our "respect list" in our profile.

fV9tG4b.gif

Well now see, it reads to me as a member just adding profile links to a small index and calling them their buddies. Without permission.

Now you suggest there be a accept option? So, you're saying when I log in, I have to jump to my messages index then I have to jump into my friend request index? Sounds like that would be a side job to do. Some of us get enough PM's to respond to, others get more and Mods/Admins have Messages/reports to get to. Where's time for accepting friend requests?

Dude, at the end of the day there is always our "respect list" in our profile.

Ooh look at Mr. Popular haha biggrin.gif

Of course there would have to be an accept option.. otherwise a load of newbies would just add the moderators. It's really not that much of an inconvienience simply just a case of accept or dont accept and besides if the requester really is your buddy you wont mind having to take the few seconds to approve their request. The main idea behind this is that you would have a sure fire way of knowing who likes and respects you without having to go into everybody's profile and see if you appear on their respect list. For those who dont want any friend requests there could be a check box on your profile saying just that... a very simple addition seing as though there is a similar option for PMs.