Businesses in GTA5.

Aandreas

Businesses in the next GTA game, would be businesses you could at a basic level, just buy and they would present you with money over time, similar to how they did in VC. -

But a better way, than just dropping by and collecting the cash though, is having to work in and build the businesses. This would give you a sensible way to earn money and give you something to have to spend your money on!

First you could work in the business to do each, of say, like 5 jobs available. If you put in enough time you eventually get promoted naturally. Because you learn that aspect of the business and are then asked to train your replacement.

Your replacement would copy your work identically, and unless he or she ever got killed or left for some reason, they would continue in that job forever. Each job earns you more pay as you move upward through the company.

Side missions would form the 'trip ups' and 'bumps' in doing your daily job. Things ranging from people making you late for work, the boss asking you to put the frighteners on someone, business emergencies like stock room fire, or attack on the business where you have to defend it.

Intimidate a client to pay-up or intimidate a competitor to sell your boss the business, (all is fair in love and war), date the competitors office secretary for a bit of espionage. Rob the competitors safe or attack their business when you know no-one is there. etc.

Eventually you can buy-into-the-business as a partner, then later buy-out-the-owner and employ a manager who takes 25% of the profits, so that the business continues to run hands-free. Leaving you free to go off and start in a new career and business.

You could do a bit, at each of the various different businesses, to keep it all in balance. If there were a car showroom, you start as a car valeter (1), taking cars through the car wash or even hand washing them, (these types of manual jobs can work like in Bully, button pressing routines similar to how Luis Lopez dances).

Next you could be the 'pick-up-and-delivery-driver' delivering cars with the pick-up-truck (2), 3rd the Yard Man / forman with keys to the premises (3), next the salesman (4), and finally (5) The Manager, who takes care of the daily ordering goods and hiring and firing staff.

A secretary would be part of the office fixtures and fittings, (nothing new there then)!

And so on.

I have it all worked out and it works on paper. I have been building games all my life (48 year old now), and have trialed this business strategy into a board game based on / and with GTA in mind. It works and is fun and interesting.

Money earned can be spent on business upgrades, buying your own places to live and buying cars. Vehicles as well as business materials and stock can be bought in and sold to other businesses and or sold to export.

This is why it would be nice to have the economy working properly in GTA, We want everything to work from the; fork-lift trucks and containers, articulated lorries and trucks that could carry all sorts of goods and materials. etc.

Anyway, I hope you can see where I am going with this.

But, for those who don't want the full business model, I would always like to have a switch in the game options menu, where you could switch it to automatic. So that you just buy a business, Vice City style, (Like the news-paper business or Ice Creme Factory in VC), and collect money after a certain passage of time.

Niko.

A job at a delivery company? You're aware that this is a crime game, right? Maybe drug delivery, but there is no way in hell I'm going to submit myself to a tedious, boring job as a car delivery man. Are you serious? This is not a business management game, this is not a damn life sim. This is a game where every iteration, including IV, has been about rampaging, killing people and cops, doing crazy stunts, causing massive explosions, and stealing lots of hot cars. It is not about cargo delivery, except maybe for drugs, but that's a crime, so it should logically be in a crime game. But working at a car dealership or as a valet? What the hell are you thinking? This is not that kind of game.

I will need to agree with some of the things Racecarlock just listed.I would just like the GTA VCS business system or just the original GTA VC one. Where you get enough cash, buy a business then do missions from it and most of them where crime anyway. Although I see what you mean in this topic you made and you listed some pretty good ones so great stuff Aandreas.

Now about the cars, That seems okay there was a feature in GTA LCS where you had to drive around some of the nicest cars in the game with some passenger. I didn't really do it so much but it got you some big bucks. So I'd like the GTA VCS business back(You know with you controlling a gang and all that) and just doing missions from there and upgrading the business.

But I must say,pretty good topic icon14.gif .

I will need to agree with some of the things Racecarlock just listed.I would just like the GTA VCS business system or just the original GTA VC one. Where you get enough cash, buy a business then do missions from it and most of them where crime anyway. Although I see what you mean in this topic you made and you listed some pretty good ones so great stuff Aandreas.

Now about the cars, That seems okay there was a feature in GTA LCS where you had to drive around some of the nicest cars in the game with some passenger. I didn't really do it so much but it got you some big bucks. So I'd like the GTA VCS business back(You know with you controlling a gang and all that)  and just doing missions from there and upgrading the business.

Yeah, I loved the Empire Business feature of VCS too... and seeing it again (improved, of course...) would be very nice! icon14.gif Also, receiving the PayDay was nice too, so we don't have to go around every property like in VC just to collect the revenues...

Now about the cars, That seems okay there was a feature in GTA LCS where you had to drive around some of the nicest cars in the game with some passenger. I didn't really do it so much but it got you some big bucks. So I'd like the GTA VCS business back(You know with you controlling a gang and all that)  and just doing missions from there and upgrading the business.

Yeah, I loved the Empire Business feature of VCS too... and seeing it again (improved, of course...) would be very nice! icon14.gif Also, receiving the PayDay was nice too, so we don't have to go around every property like in VC just to collect the revenues...

They could implement system where player's collector will bring money from all businesses to player, player receive call from collector to wait him and he drive to player and bring him money.

user posted image

AndrefromEstonia

IMO businesses is a good idea. I mean, i had lots of fun buying all kinds of firms and companies in VC. I would love to own a taxi company again. IMO the first post got it perfectly..excellent idea.

user posted image

IMO businesses is a good idea. I mean, i had lots of fun buying all kinds of firms and companies in VC. I would love to own a taxi company again. IMO the first post got it perfectly..excellent idea.

Yeah, I loved it too! It was like playing "Monopoly"... biggrin.gif It was quite fascinating to see the variety and quantity of companies available to buy/develop around VC! ...and each one of them were, somehow, specifically connected to crime/illegal activities...

It was nice to have all those VC firms, it gave me the feeling of having the control of the city in my hands, the power... devil.gif fantastic indeed!

But VCS didn't lost this feeling, it still had it, but with a different approach. Building up a true empire under intense wars between the local organizations/gangs, and developing it over about 5-6 different activities (can't really remember how much they were...) was really a task that I've found very nice to do.

So, having some kind of fusion between these two different ways of "owning a city" or an area would really be something that I would like to see... becoming a true "Crime World Businessman", but making it hardcore, of course!

A job at a delivery company? You're aware that this is a crime game, right? Maybe drug delivery, but there is no way in hell I'm going to submit myself to a tedious, boring job as a car delivery man. Are you serious? This is not a business management game, this is not a damn life sim. This is a game where every iteration, including IV, has been about rampaging, killing people and cops, doing crazy stunts, causing massive explosions, and stealing lots of hot cars. It is not about cargo delivery, except maybe for drugs, but that's a crime, so it should logically be in a crime game. But working at a car dealership or as a valet? What the hell are you thinking? This is not that kind of game.

This says it all.

Who the f*ck wants GTA to turn into the Sims, Jesus.

AndrefromEstonia

This says it all.

How is this like sims? Buying property has a huge part in the previous GTA games. Also it's illegal business mostly. How the F is this like sims..i don't get it.

user posted image

This says it all.

How is this like sims? Buying property has a huge part in the previous GTA games. Also it's illegal business mostly. How the F is this like sims..i don't get it.

What? READ THE MOTHERf*ckING THREAD BEFORE YOU MOTHERf*ckING POST.

I was talking about the goddamn sh*tty "let's make Niko a f*cking store clerk, 'cause I want GRAND THEFT AUTO to be as realistic as possible!"

Horrible, really.

I think a GTA game should give the protagonist the option of a legal job so that when you choose to do crimes it's actually a choice you feel responsible for. In San Andreas I don't spend a lot of time doing valet parking but I'm glad it's there.

I'm not talking about having an alternate crime-free story path, I'm just saying there should be an odd job or two that earn money legally.

CookPassBabtridge

@alucardiff: Side missions are usually based on driving from A to B, so wether its wrapped up as a drug delivery or pizza delivery, its the same task....no need to go off on one.

As Andre says, these have always been part of most of the GTAs. Valet parking, RS haul missions, punk noodles, empire building, the list goes on....Im all for them being brought back

You know what? I'll just respond to this job thing like I've responded to others. As long as I don't HAVE to get one, I'll be fine. As long as a 9 to 5 job isn't worked into the story and then forced on you outside of the story then I'll be good. If you want to spend all of your GTA time delivering cars then go right ahead. I'll be competing in a stadium event if they have them, or stunt jumping or running from cops or killing things. If you want to work, not my problem. If you want to force me to work, then it'll be my problem.

Businesses in the next GTA game, would be businesses you could at a basic level, just buy and they would present you with money over time, similar to how they did in VC. -

But a better way, than just dropping by and collecting the cash though, is having to work in and build the businesses. This would give you a sensible way to earn money and give you something to have to spend your money on!

First you could work in the business to do each, of say, like 5 jobs available. If you put in enough time you eventually get promoted naturally. Because you learn that aspect of the business and are then asked to train your replacement.

Your replacement would copy your work identically, and unless he or she ever got killed or left for some reason, they would continue in that job forever. Each job earns you more pay as you move upward through the company.

Side missions would form the 'trip ups' and 'bumps' in doing your daily job. Things ranging from people making you late for work, the boss asking you to put the frighteners on someone, business emergencies like stock room fire, or attack on the business where you have to defend it.

Intimidate a client to pay-up or intimidate a competitor to sell your boss the business, (all is fair in love and war), date the competitors office secretary for a bit of espionage. Rob the competitors safe or attack their business when you know no-one is there. etc.

Eventually you can buy-into-the-business as a partner, then later buy-out-the-owner and employ a manager who takes 25% of the profits, so that the business continues to run hands-free. Leaving you free to go off and start in a new career and business.

You could do a bit, at each of the various different businesses, to keep it all in balance. If there were a car showroom, you start as a car valeter (1), taking cars through the car wash or even hand washing them, (these types of manual jobs can work like in Bully, button pressing routines similar to how Luis Lopez dances).

Next you could be the 'pick-up-and-delivery-driver' delivering cars with the pick-up-truck (2), 3rd the Yard Man / forman with keys to the premises (3), next the salesman (4), and finally (5) The Manager, who takes care of the daily ordering goods and hiring and firing staff.

A secretary would be part of the office fixtures and fittings, (nothing new there then)!

And so on.

I have it all worked out and it works on paper. I have been building games all my life (48 year old now), and have trialed this business strategy into a board game based on / and with GTA in mind. It works and is fun and interesting.

Money earned can be spent on business upgrades, buying your own places to live and buying cars. Vehicles as well as business materials and stock can be bought in and sold to other businesses and or sold to export.

This is why it would be nice to have the economy working properly in GTA, We want everything to work from the; fork-lift trucks and containers, articulated lorries and trucks that could carry all sorts of goods and materials. etc.

Anyway, I hope you can see where I am going with this.

But, for those who don't want the full business model, I would always like to have a switch in the game options menu, where you could switch it to automatic. So that you just buy a business, Vice City style, (Like the news-paper business or Ice Creme Factory in VC), and collect money after a certain passage of time.

Niko.

I prefer the San Andreas way of generating money and spending them. Though SA has asset system for some properties. VC had just one way of earning, through assets. So GTA V should have more advanced systems like getting drug dealers, spank pushers, hood rats and few shops work for you. Then only it'll be like multiple business.

No thanks. I'd rather be drifting, killing cops, street racing, getting into massive gunfights, terrorizing people with helicopters, running drugs and getting into street fights than flip burgers. (You know, what GTA is supposed to ba about)

user posted image

No thanks. I'd rather be drifting, killing cops, street racing, getting into massive gunfights, terrorizing people with helicopters, running drugs and getting into street fights than flip burgers. (You know, what GTA is supposed to ba about)

How can you always extract fun out of this? I agree that sometimes I do it myself but kinda get bored.

Legitimate businesses would be good if they gave you advantages for criminal activity.

I always thought IV should have an option to rob a bank, three leaf clover style, at any time you wanted (not just in a story mission). Maybe the amount you could make out of this depends on how big your legit opperation is to launder the money.

CookPassBabtridge

^ Yes! Id love to be able to pre-plan a bank heist and carry it out whenever in GTA. Maybe have recruits like the old SA gang system as lookouts, getaways etc

^ Yes! Id love to be able to pre-plan a bank heist and carry it out whenever in GTA. Maybe have recruits like the old SA gang system as lookouts, getaways etc

Definitely good! To me, performing more elaborated crime acts (like robbing banks, etc) without the need to wait for a storyline's mission like that IS THE WAY TO GO, R*!

We need to have more freedom from when it comes to perform more COMPLEX ACTS OF CRIME... giving us opportunities of making these acts without having to wait for a mission like that to appear, especially if we're in charge of some crime organization/gang/mob.

It's time to REALLY TAKE OVER THE CONTROL OF SOME ORGANIZATION, arranging deals with drug dealers, or gun suppliers (depending on the "contacts" we have unlocked through the storyline...), or ruining other gang's deals by appearing there with some of our "allies"... this would make the playing experience much more funny and daring to do, even if we don't want to proceed with the storyline for a while (everyone likes to take a "break" from the storyline for a while sometimes...), we can still have some REAL ACTION without having to perform the story missions to feel it!

Harwood Butch3r

I really think adding legitimate side missions helps break the game up. Besides they've always been apart of GTA. FFS we can drive as taxi drivers, so all this "It's GTA. It always been about crime" sh*t is just a massive contradiction. While some of the ideas by the OP are probably a bit much for a GTA game generally they're pretty solid.

If all you want to do is shoot criminals, stunt, go on rampages etc what's stopping you?

by business i thought you meant like crime lord or working your way up to godfather of the italian mafia.

but delivery??? piss off

As far as I'm concerned, GTA is not a sim. GTA is mostly tried and tested game-mechanics dressed up in a pseudo-real world context. Pizza delivery isn't actually a sim of a real-life pizza job, its just a timed-driving challenge pretending to be one. It's how a lot of GTA works, clever little mini-games and challenges mimicking real world scenarios, but there to provide quick thrills and distractions from the main storyline missions, whether its jobs, dating or socialising or vigilante/paramedic/taxi missions. They're all just quick mini games. To try and turn them into more involved longer term and more realistic scenarios would kinda rob GTA of what makes it work.

As for businesses, I think VC had it pretty much right. Buy them as an investment, as you collect each pay eventually you'll get more back than what you paid. Fair enough. The real point of any business asset is that it unlocks some kind of extra (usually criminal) activity, mission strand or mini-challange to boost the income.

The 9-5 lifestyle is boring enough in the real world. It has no place in GTA!

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

The 9-5 lifestyle is boring enough in the real world. It has no place in GTA!

Agreed! There's no way R* would pick something like this to put inside a GTA... I mean, IT'S A CRIME GAME! There's nothing criminal with a 9-to-5 job... I think...