Dishonored - The Official Topic

BLlTZ

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised not more people are talking about this. Well I just picked this up on Steam and am pre-loading.

I wasn't that interested in it, but then I watched the graphic 3-part series and the developer documentaries...and I have to say I am pumped for this game now. I don't generally go for first person action games, but this one has me excited. Hopefully it delivers!

BullworthAcademy

Reviews are in:

GameArena – 10

The Escapist – 5/5

Ausgamers – 9.6

CVG – 9.5

GamesMaster – 95%

Atomic – 95%

IGN – 9.2

PC Gamer – 92/100

Digital Spy – 4/5

InsideGames – 92/100

JeuxVideo – 19/20

Polygon – 9

Destructoid – 9

EDGE – 9

OPM UK – 9

Strategy Informer – 9/10

Gamespot – 9

Gamefront – 90/100

Joystiq – 4.5/5

GameSpy – 4.5/5

G4TV – 4.5/5

1UP – A+

GameInformer (US) – 8.75

Eurogamer – 8

GiantBomb – 4/5

Kotaku – “YES”

The PA Report – no score

RPS – no score

Shack News – no score

God is a Geek – 10/10

HardGame2 – 9.5/10

TheSixthAxis – 9/10

Videogamer - 8/10

GamerZines – 95/100

ShopTo – ‘Excellent’

Mundogamers – 10/10

3djuegos.com – 9.5/10

Tallon4.com – 9.5/10

Hobbyconsolas.com – 94/100

Meristation.com – 9.4/10

Eurogamer.es – 9/10

Blogocio.net - 9/10

This is awesome:

There's 2 more parts to it. I love the art style of the game.

Nice to see how much effort they put into the game. I believe there's 3 or 4 more parts to this.

Edited by Audiophile

Really good review scores will pick this up not due to other peoples reviews just because it looks really good!

The level design in this game is f*cking unbelievable, there are some seriously talented people working at Arkane.

I knew it was good as I had already played it a year ago in alpha but damn the finished product is something else.

QF1SfST.png

I'm not too far in yet, but I am really enjoying this. The environments are great. It's a very well designed game.

Ld8Bhg8.gif

Gave it a rent last night. First impressions, a sort of generic mix of Bioshock with the art style and movement from Brink. A really dull, uninspiring color palette used overall. I understand it's Steampunk to s certain degree but it looks really drab at points. Def glad I gave it a rent first.

GreatestEver23

I watched a couple episodes of RaydarGames' Lets Play on this game and it looks freaking awesome! And Im not usually into these types of games.

Switched over to new account: CallTheCoroner

DonkeyEatingCheese

Damn I just found out that there is no multiplayer. Guess I'll just wait for the price to drop.

Gave it a rent last night. First impressions, a sort of generic mix of Bioshock with the art style and movement from Brink. A really dull, uninspiring color palette used overall. I understand it's Steampunk to s certain degree but it looks really drab at points. Def glad I gave it a rent first.

Its worth full price.

QF1SfST.png

I'll be waiting for this!

you can eat ganja, make some cannabutter or cannacookies, they get you even more f*cked than smoking it

Signature is not disabled.

I'm about 25-30mins into it.

Just obtained my "powers" through that dream or whatever.

and I'm pretty thrilled by it. I enjoy the hell out of it. I rented it, but if it continues in this direction, I would say worth a buy as well. I will keep you posted.

z9wmcu3.png

Just beat the game. Very different game but truly amazing.

Is it worth buying or renting?

I've beaten it three times through already, and I can tell you: It is definitely worth buying. You will enjoy every moment of it.

Great so far.. I'm curious, around how much time does the game last on average? Hours wise?

I'd hate to play it and be done with it in 2-3hrs sad.gif

z9wmcu3.png

Great so far.. I'm curious, around how much time does the game last on average? Hours wise?

From what I've read, if you play it perfectly, pacifist, explore every single corner and all of that the game last well into 20 hours. I've gotten a good eight or so out of it thoroughly exploring and killing only in extreme situations and I'm around mid-way through the final mission.

depends. my friend took 19 hours in the first 2 missions because he wanted to collect literally everything so it depends on what type of people you are. im more of the type who just wants to complete the game so it took me about 6 hours so far and i believe im almost at the end of the game

This game is absolutely amazing but the thing is......graphics are sh*t no DX11, DX10.1 or DX10 its only DX9 but the Open-World is really doing well.

This game is absolutely amazing but the thing is......graphics are sh*t no DX11, DX10.1 or DX10 its only DX9 but the Open-World is really doing well.

the graphics were meant to be like that. the devs wanted a different art style direction

Edited by kudoboi

Gave this a proper play last night, first time since I got it on Thursday. Couldn't put it down. Slipped back into my bad habit of still playing at 9am in the morning. blush.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

Okay cool.. I wasn't able to play yesterday, but I'm going to put around an hour or so into it tonight!

z9wmcu3.png