Emergency/public service Missions

avito coleone

Gday all,

Well as you all know GTAIV offered taxi jobs and police vigilante jobs. It did not however allow for Fire department jobs or ambulance jobs as it had in previous titles. Do you think that these mini games should be brought back, and even added to with such other public services as garbage trucks and bus routs?

Let me know what you guys think. I would also like the option of wearing FF gear or EMT gear as clothing too. SOrry if this topic has been done before I did a quick search for the title I used and nothing really specific came up.

user posted image

I hate Paramedic missions. Tedious and boring if you ask me. Same for Firefighter, how long can putting out burning cars be fun? 10 minutes tops for me.

Room for improvement could be as simple as instead of the boring old picking up bleeding peds, paramedic missions could have a few extra tasks like performing CPR and using shock paddles. As for firefighter missions, i'd like to see some rescue missions such as pulling people out of burning houses and smashing doors open with an ax.

So I'm basically all for the return of these side quests as long as they aren't like the ones from Vice City.

fV9tG4b.gif

Did you really ever do those R3 missions again after you'd got the reward though? I did the vigilante ones again sometimes but definitely not ambulance, I remember I actually thought I was going to have a heart attack when i finished the ambulance mission in VC. But yeah I don't see why they shouldn't be back in...

Maybe they can rework them to make them more fun. As long as the cops missions appear in one shape or form I don't mind.

Plus the usual reward for achieving a goal & an achievement/trophy for more incentive.

Bringing them back with more variety would be nice. Paramedic missions where you gotta revive people in a gun battle (and possibly shoot a few enemies of the person your reviving LoL).

Bringing them back with more variety would be nice. (...)

^This. I really enjoy performing those side missions, as they usually offer "nice things" in general... what's the worst thing you can get from one of those missions, huh? Maybe a low money price that is... I mean, the reward of this missions is what makes us doing them so (along with their percentage value too...), having a nice variety and being rewarded with some nice things (weapons, cash, special vehicles, ...) would be enough.

Bring more "package delivery" missions, like you have to make deliveries throughout town (pizza, noodles, even delivering newspapers/magazines) on a bike or van... I really like this kind of missions. Also, I'd like a side-mission like this: You have to meet some guy (maybe a friend of your own), and you go stealing a van full of drug packages (which you already know that this van leaves huh... let's say: every Wednesday, at 10:00am, for example)... see? A mission like this, where you go steal a van of some gang or something... that always takes place at the same place, at the same day and hour, once a week... just a quick way of making some cash. And, of course, after stealing the van, you go with your friend stash it somewhere (maybe on a warehouse of yours, or your friend's warehouse...), and then you get your money prize.

This could also work for a Securicar... like the Securicar leaves a Bank (full of money), at every Friday, at 18:30 pm...), and you could go pick up any friend you want, by calling them to meet you somewhere, and then they join you and you all go stealing those vans...

After stealing like 10 vans of these, we could unlock something... like a final mission of these side missions, where you go to that same place where the vans came from, and kill about 4-5 gang members that are inside the place... and after that, you could see something like this: "MISSION PASSED! You conquered the Wannabes (for example... biggrin.gif ) Warehouse!"

And, from now on, you can use the place in every way you want... maybe you can use it as a safehouse, or a place to save your cars... sounds nice!

I don't think they set out to remove the ambulance and firetruck missions from GTA IV, I think they just fell off the priority list as the game fell behind schedule. The near uselessness of the LCFD compared to San Andreas fire departments seems like they just didn't get all the programming done in the public service areas. The R3 missions are just something to do. Would you rather hunt (non-) flying rats? I think these missions will return.

I wouldn't mind seeing them return. Hell, it would definitely serve as something to do when you complete the main story missions. Just like it was mentioned, make them more fun and different. I will agree, they did get a bit tedious in the past games. I never completed them enough to get the corresponding reward.

caprisig.jpg

I want to see it like it is on modded PC games. We should be able to pull civilians over, question and run the name. If they appear drunk, we should breathalyze them and arrest them. There should also be an option to search the vehicles and find drugs. There should be a much more active dispatch and there should be more than a few calls: drug deals, shootings, car accidents, mugging, assault, etc. BETTER LOOKING POLICE CARS

Maybe if there was more of an incentive to complete them. I didn't care much for the "unlimited ______" they gave.

How about an outfit, improved vehicle, and weapon respective to each mission? Like for vigilante you'd get a cop outfit with a unique .38 detective revolver, as well as some rare cop car- idk. For an ambulance guy you'd get the paramedic outfit, along with shock paddles (or if its too unrealistic, a taser) and a much sleeker and less heavy ambulance. Finally, the firefighter should give you his uniform and an axe, as well as an improved firetruck- the one from GTA 2 that, instead of a water hose, has a flamethrower on the back!

EDIT: Sorry forgot poor ol' taxi. Give my a Brooklyn-Chicago inspired cabbie outfit, and an improved cab (depending on the location, either the one's from III, VC, and LCS, or a new one).

Edited by EternalAgony

I am liking the replies to this. I think it gives the game more variety, and extends gameplay and playability beyond the main story line. I love the firetruck missions and the pizza boy missions.

user posted image

I don't see emergency services working all that well with this era, because it seems like R* is going for a more realistic approach. Vigilant missions worked fine in IV though.

user posted image

And now we play the waiting game...

I would like to see them return. The Fire Dept was useless as they did nothing. Even if you called them to a fire they didn't even p*ss on the fire.

I would like to see them return. The Fire Dept was useless as they did nothing. Even if you called them to a fire they didn't even p*ss on the fire.

lol i agree that was a FAIL

you had the ability to call them, they came, they said "where is the fire" (RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU STUPID!!) suicidal.gif

same goes for the Police and Paramedics in ambulance icon13.gif

EternalAgony

lol i agree that was a FAIL

you had the ability to call them, they came, they said "where is the fire" (RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU STUPID!!) suicidal.gif

same goes for the Police and Paramedics in ambulance icon13.gif

Actually the Cops and Medics did what they were supposed to (though if enough cops were killed they'd retreat). The fire dept. didn't do anything.

I would like to see them return as long as they were more fun, and just not the old repetition missions we used to have

I don't see emergency services working all that well with this era, because it seems like R* is going for a more realistic approach. Vigilant missions worked fine in IV though.

..because hoping into a cruiser, accessing the on-board computer, tracking people down to their residences, and killing them was realistic?

First of all, we all have about a 1 in 100 shot of successfully entering a parked police vehicle, and that's not even considering the mere seconds it would take the responsible officer to draw down on you. Then to drive the cruiser off to a secluded spot within minutes? Good luck with that, realistically, these cruisers should have GPS in them. Central dispatch knows where you are at all times. Next to access the computer to locate suspect locations? I won't even begin to tell you how unrealistic that is, as that information is not even stored on the onboard computer. If an officer needs NCIC information, he/she would need to request that from dispatch, and with good reason too. Good luck managing that as a civilian. I won't even touch on the killing suspects part.

Fact is, the MOST REALISTIC service missions a grand theft auto title could deliver are the taxi, fire, and ambulance missions. The objectives these missions ask of you are things anyone can do who would be willing to land a job as a taxi driver, or volunteer EMT/firefighter. Vigilantes are extremely rare and unrealistic.

518946f871d7d.preview-300.jpg

Actually the Cops and Medics did what they were supposed to (though if enough cops were killed they'd retreat). The fire dept. didn't do anything.

the paramedics healed you, however i dont remember seeing them treating other civilians

..because hoping into a cruiser, accessing the on-board computer, tracking people down to their residences, and killing them was realistic?

First of all, we all have about a 1 in 100 shot of successfully entering a parked police vehicle, and that's not even considering the mere seconds it would take the responsible officer to draw down on you. Then to drive the cruiser off to a secluded spot within minutes? Good luck with that, realistically, these cruisers should have GPS in them. Central dispatch knows where you are at all times. Next to access the computer to locate suspect locations? I won't even begin to tell you how unrealistic that is, as that information is not even stored on the onboard computer. If an officer needs NCIC information, he/she would need to request that from dispatch, and with good reason too. Good luck managing that as a civilian. I won't even touch on the killing suspects part.

Fact is, the MOST REALISTIC service missions a grand theft auto title could deliver are the taxi, fire, and ambulance missions. The objectives these missions ask of you are things anyone can do who would be willing to land a job as a taxi driver, or volunteer EMT/firefighter. Vigilantes are extremely rare and unrealistic.

i get your point but how about a few missions, in which you are a part time police officer?

Edited by jdbug28

i get your point but how about a few missions, in which you are a part time police officer?

It depends on the location. In a city like New York (Liberty), auxiliary officers are not issued handguns or granted arrest powers. Certain rural agencies, however, may allow their reserve officers to carry handguns and arrest, but hardly enough of these exists to make it realistic in a GTA-setting compared with ambulance or firefighter missions. Perhaps, vigilante missions should only be accessed through a FBI/FIB/Noose unit and not a simple patrol vehicle. Those agencies may resemble a U.S. Marshall-type of agency a bit more accurately.

518946f871d7d.preview-300.jpg

It depends on the location. In a city like New York (Liberty), auxiliary officers are not issued handguns or granted arrest powers. Certain rural agencies, however, may allow their reserve officers to carry handguns and arrest, but hardly enough of these exists to make it realistic in a GTA-setting compared with ambulance or firefighter missions. Perhaps, vigilante missions should only be accessed through a FBI/FIB/Noose unit and not a simple patrol vehicle. Those agencies may resemble a U.S. Marshall-type of agency a bit more accurately.

yes good ideas. I think Firefighter and Paramedic side missions would be very successful if Rockstar fully ramped up the driving realism even more it would be great also some modified controls for putting out fires and performing CPR etc

ClareXoBearrx3R9
Maybe if there was more of an incentive to complete them. I didn't care much for the "unlimited ______" they gave.

How about an outfit, improved vehicle, and weapon respective to each mission? Like for vigilante you'd get a cop outfit with a unique .38 detective revolver, as well as some rare cop car- idk. For an ambulance guy you'd get the paramedic outfit, along with shock paddles (or if its too unrealistic, a taser) and a much sleeker and less heavy ambulance. Finally, the firefighter should give you his uniform and an axe, as well as an improved firetruck- the one from GTA 2 that, instead of a water hose, has a flamethrower on the back!

EDIT: Sorry forgot poor ol' taxi. Give my a Brooklyn-Chicago inspired cabbie outfit, and an improved cab (depending on the location, either the one's from III, VC, and LCS, or a new one).

That sounds awesome. icon14.gif

Well for vigilante could work with a simple scanner, question is can you beat an officer to the destination? if its a domestic sure, a 211 not so good, 10-108 officer down forget it. A real officer down call gets 100s of cops on you.