The SAPD Chronicles Video Series

Chimpso

(Not played the series? Find it here)

The SAPD Chronicles Video Series

While it's true that I haven't made missions for it in over a year. I still never want people to have the illusion that the SAPD Chronicles series is over. Recently, I've been doing a lot of editing with some awesome music. Then an idea popped into my head; "How about I make a video series of the SAPD Chronicles, with awesome musical cues?". So that's what I'm doing.

I've decided to start with Part 4, then I'll work my way backwards. The aim is to record every mission in the series in great quality (and without the HUD wow.gif) and add some epic music to fit action scenes (and other scenes too). I hope to get a wide variety of music to use for musical cues, but It's hard to get things that sound great and match the scene at the same time these days, so I'm limited to game soundtracks (which are pretty awesome mind you) and a few odd orchestral pieces from movies here and there.

There are a lot of good songs in the Command and Conquer soundtrack, so expect to hear more of them.

(Note: I've fixed my recording software. The horrible, epilepsy-inducing flickering that plagued my earlier videos is now gone. And the quality is quite high.)

Part 4

Episode 1 - See the Light

This mission was quite a pain to complete when I first made it. But it turned out to be a massive success when I finished it. I decided to use a track from the Command and Conquer 1 soundtrack identified only in the games files as "Heavy G", as the song does not actually appear in the game. Please, take a look and tell me what you think. More will be coming soon!

Episode 2 - Here comes the Rain

This mission was quite easy to make and is incredibly easy to play. But I didn't make this mission to be challenging. I made it to show Toreno's intent on causing as much trouble as possible throughout the city. Also, it can be a bit of a trick. People will think, oh lol, that mission was easy, next one will be easy too. Well, I'm sure they were surprised wink.gif. The music here is another one from the Command and Conquer 1 game soundtrack called "Looks like Trouble".

Episode 3 - Toreno's Wrath

There are two of my own missions that I love like hell. And this is one of them. Huge amounts of enemies in a cramped space, a cop bashing gun toting enemies with a dildo (Really! I put a cop with a dildo in this mission! wow.gif), and of course, the thing that we all love. Lots of shooting! This is one of the best missions I've made. When I tried for the music on this mission. I experimented with some awesome songs. Then I came across a orchestral piece from the Of Mice and Men movie soundtrack called River Run. It's softer and more dramatic and I found It gave this mission a more drastic feel. After all, heavily armed men in suits and sunglasses are attacking a police station, and many police and civilians are killed.

Please, enjoy this one:

Episode 4 - Retaliation

Flying around in an attack helicopter blowing the sh*t out of other helicopters? That sounded fun. So I made this mission. Pretty epic when I look back on it. Flying around in that Apache Attack helicopter over the countryside of San Andreas gave me a real Vietnam War feel, so I pumped on the Creedence. The two songs used in this one are Fortunate Son and Bad Moon Rising, both by Creedence.

Episode 5 - Toreno's Target

Looking back on this mission, it was quite a disappointment. Mainly because the attack aircraft that are meant to attack the plane never seem to come out. I have no idea why confused.gif. Nevertheless, I still enjoy landing that huge AT-400 on the runway. Any Yogscast fans here? The song in this video is from the Shadow of Israphel soundtrack by Daniel Yount and is called Winds of Adventures.

Edited by Chimpso

I already play it all long time ago, and I'll be glad to see this video

I thought you will expand this series. What happened ? You will do it or won't do it ?

Thanks for the replies guys smile.gif.

@alifjenius I haven't given up on the series. It's just been a long time and I haven't had the inspiration to create more missions. I will make more eventually though.

I added the next mission as well. Up there.

^

||

||

||

Ok, the next mission, Toreno's Wrath, has been added. I'm really happy with the music on this one. It changes the mood and tone of the mission dramatically. I hope you enjoy it smile.gif.

@Jimmy Thanks biggrin.gif. Don't know how long I'll be staying though.

The next two videos Retaliation and Toreno's Target are now up!

And yes, I totally agree. Mattatatta needs to come back!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh....dear....lord....It's really back?! Dude, this series was my inspiration to get started on DYOM a long time ago! Good luck! icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Attack player doesn't work with the jet, the pilot tries to get airborne, but flips and explodes.

Attack player doesn't work with the jet, the pilot tries to get airborne, but flips and explodes.

Are you talking about the Shamal or the Hydra? Because the Shamal doesn't attacks AND the Hydra attacks but it flips and explodes.

The Hydra.

Really sucks though, I guess it's because it takes off like a helicopter.

The next version of DYOM ( if there's one) should have a "record route" thing for vehicles, so we can do by ourselves the route. If you understand me. Instead of using the stupid route points.