Modding the map...corrupts GTA IV?

UnitedExpress4180

UnitedExpress4180

So I tried to add an object to GTA IV last night that I spent maybe 20 minutes whipping up...It was a model that looked similar to a hangar that I made in Sketchup, ported to 3DS 2011, and converted using the latest version of GIMS. There were a few issues...first was with texturing with a GTA4 material...for some reason I don't have a selection of GTA4 materials in 3DS. It gives me just one, and even when I try to load it it comes up with an error message. I haven't tried this in 2010 yet as I don't normally use it due to its lack of support for *.skp files. Then when I exported the model, it said something about it no being "prepared" for export...not sure what that means yet. When I loaded it up in EFLC, the model was larger than the entire city. After about 20 seconds of flying a helicopter to get outside of it, the game crashed with an error code and told me to restart. After getting the same thing even after I removed the mod, I googled it and found out that the savegame got corrupted. Removed that and found out it still was crashing...so, my question is, did the mod being screwed up during export cause the game to become corrupted?

I think the object being that big (bigger than the entire city), crashed your game. Try resizing your object by turning on map helper in gims to help you compare you object to liberty city.

UnitedExpress4180
I think the object being that big (bigger than the entire city), crashed your game. Try resizing your object by turning on map helper in gims to help you compare you object to liberty city.

I'll try it, but just curious, wouldn't the exporter export the city map with the building if I have it turned on when I'm saving the model?

No, the map will not get exported with your object because it has no dummies set up with it. So only your object gets exported, no worries here. smile.gif