What languages do you want to learn?

PHCharls

I like to speak Japanese and Spanish.

Spanish- some words came from Tagalog (Filipino).

Japanese- so i can understand the japanese words like watching anime etc..

What about you guys?

I tried learning Russian for a short period of time, it didn't work out very well. blush.gif

Now I'm trying to learn Italian, there is just something about the language I love. biggrin.gif

French.

I have to take two years of a language in college so I decided to learn French. So far I'm at the beginning of year 2.

In highschool I took 1.5 years (3 semesters) of Latin, which was cool but it's a dead language and isn't even spoken - just read.

user posted image

Hmmm nice bike

I'm currently learning Spanish (required to take two years of a foreign language in high school, this is my second year in the Spanish course), and I can speak a bit of it, too. I plan on continuing learning the language through college, and I might learn French and Italian sometime in the future. It's just nice to have several languages under your belt, and being bilingual can even help in some situations, too.

In highschool I took 1.5 years (3 semesters) of Latin, which was cool but it's a dead language and isn't even spoken - just read.

I took Latin all through high school. I even made it to Latin 5 honors by the end smile.gif . You spoke it in class - I hope. We sure did. I still bust out some Latin now and then. It's odd that it is dead, because it is a pretty nice sounding language. It was so precise , and I believe the rules of the language are what killed it.

I'd like to better my Spanish.

I've taken two years of German and still can't speak it to save my life, so I'd like to be able to learn some more. Either that, or Russian, because it always sounds like such a fun language to speak.

user posted image

I took Latin all through high school. I even made it to Latin 5 honors by the end smile.gif . You spoke it in class - I hope. We sure did. I still bust out some Latin now and then. It's odd that it is dead, because it is a pretty nice sounding language. It was so precise , and I believe the rules of the language are what killed it.

Nope - we hardly spoke it at all! We spent most of the of the class reading out of the textbook, and then towards the end we were reading ancient stories.

In any case, being familiar with Latin should help with learning any of the other Romance languages.

user posted image

Shayan Shaffey

I can speak fluent: Russian, Latin, German, English and Persian

I would like to learn: Chinese, Japanese and Korean ('cuz they sound cool)

user posted image

I want to learn EVERY languages I don't know, including English!! alien.gif

I want to learn EVERY languages I don't know, including English!! alien.gif

English slang or just normal English?

Good question! If I had to learn another language...

I'm native to English, pretty fluent in Spanish, and I'm currently learning Czech. If I had to choose another it would probably be German, just because.

WF the Hobgoblin

I wouldn't mind being to speak spanish or maybe japanese but I'm far too lazy to even bother learning proper english nevermind some foreign language.

Damn, son.

English is my mother tongue, can speak Czech and French at relatively advanced levels. My knowledge of Russian and German is elementary, but I can get by in these respective countries, albeit at a slow pace.

I don't know what it is, but i just don't like Spanish. My career opportunities would be so much better if I could put my stubbornness aside and just learn the damn tongue, but there's something about it that puts me off. Unfortunately I have no interest in it and it'll probably always be that way.

I'd very much like to learn Arabic.

Languages I like but will likely never learn: Afrikaans, Japanese, Icelandic, Hungarian, Hindi, and Swahili.

Damn, son.

English is my mother tongue, can speak Czech and French at relatively advanced levels. My knowledge of Russian and German is elementary, but I can get by in these respective countries, albeit at a slow pace.

I don't know what it is, but i just don't like Spanish. My career opportunities would be so much better if I could put my stubbornness aside and just learn the damn tongue, but there's something about it that puts me off. Unfortunately I have no interest in it and it'll probably always be that way.

I'd very much like to learn Arabic.

Languages I like but will likely never learn: Afrikaans, Japanese, Icelandic, Hungarian, Hindi, and Swahili.

Arabic? That's not too easy you know.

To me, I'd really like to speak Japanese. icon14.gif

3lIXKDi.png

I'm a native Spanish speaker, I can speak english fluently. And I would like to learn German.

Russian sounds interesting, but maybe too hard.

Yl8KS.jpg

I'm a native spanish speaker, too, but am fluent at english.

I'd like to learn french or italian.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

I can speak enough Spanish to get me by abroad, but that's about it. I did the subject at high school and passed, but lack of practice/interest just meant it has dwindled. It's a shame but it isn't like any of my career prospects are damaged by it so I'm content with just knowing how to ask where the toilet is, how to order food and how to woo women. I wouldn't mind learning Japanese, Chinese or Tagalog as a few of my co-workers are from the Philippines and their constant chatter makes me paranoid. I'm getting taught by one of them but it's slow going. It sounds like a really fun language, like something one of the aliens of Star Wars would speak.

AlexGTAGamer I don't know, both?! I speak English very badly, I want to be fluent in English!!

No one wants to learn Portuguese, as I can see sad.gif

Arabic? That's not too easy you know.

Czech was a bitch to learn too, but with enough motivation and practice, it's possible.

@Cidamelo,

I've seen/heard much worse English than yours. It's pretty good, be proud wink.gif

Shayan Shaffey
AlexGTAGamer I don't know, both?! I speak English very badly, I want to be fluent in English!!

No one wants to learn Portuguese, as I can see sad.gif

There are some languages some people don't want to learn, like persian and portuguese. But I'm sure there are people out there who want to learn Portuguese. Also, be proud of your English, it's better than some people who don't use punctuation at all. icon14.gif

user posted image

English is my mother tongue and I'm fluent in French.

I'd like to learn Russian one day (I already have the Cyrillic alphabet down, so that's a start) and maybe German.

[EDIT]

There are some languages some people don't want to learn, like persian and portuguese.

My friend is actually trying to learn Persian and he's doing fairly well so far for being self-taught. Granted, the reason he wants to learn it is that the love of his life is Iranian (or Persian - whatever is more PC), so he's trying to impress her. I think it's working.

Edited by Icarus
clEsyRO.gif

Shayan Shaffey

English is my mother tongue and I'm fluent in French.

I'd like to learn Russian one day (I already have the Cyrillic alphabet down, so that's a start) and maybe German.

Never say "some day I'll learn ___", just start to learn, that's how I learned and am learning the languages. Good luck icon14.gif

My friend is actually trying to learn Persian and he's doing fairly well so far for being self-taught. Granted, the reason he wants to learn it is that the love of his life is Iranian (or Persian - whatever is more PC), so he's trying to impress her.

I've heard that way too often, are our women actually beautiful?

Edited by Shayan Shaffey
user posted image

[...] are our women actually beautiful?

You guys definitely have some beautiful women.

I know I shouldn't say "some day I'll learn x," but doing an M.Sc. in physics takes away most of my free time to learn anything else, so yeah, I'm kinda stuck there. French is the main one to keep up at the moment since both English and French are the official languages of Canada and you need to know both quite well to get any job under the federal government.

clEsyRO.gif

Well just focus on normal English first then if you want to you can learn slang, innit? biggrin.gif

Original Light

I would like to learn German. I can already speak Polish, French, and a little Spanish. If I learn German, I will complete the set.

I speak German (mother tongue), English, some Dutch and a bit of French.

I'd like to learn Spanish, in fact I bought a "Spanish for beginners"- software some months ago to get started, but I'm too busy with university-stuff at the moment.

I did French and German for the first 3 years of high school. I never picked up any German from it but did learn some basic French some of which I've forgotten now. If there was one language I wish I could speak fluently it would be French though, I just haven't got the dedication to bother learning it.