GTA: SA Save Conversion Issues

Arrhenius

So, I have some old save files from the v1.0 game. I recently purchased the steam version, and am trying to get these old save files to work in the newest version.

I've tried the gtasnp.com converter, but to no avail. When loading these saves into my game, the game simply crashes to desktop. I've also d/led a number of other different v1.0 saves from the internet, converted them, and these also did not work.

I also tried the converter at http://hmvartak.110mb.com/conv.htm, however I get a message stating that it is not compatible with my current version of Windows (Windows 7 64-bit).

So, has anybody encountered a similar problem and found a solution? Please let me know if anything has worked for you or if I'm out of luck.

You need to switch the scripts (main.scm & script.img files) when you want to play the V1 (First Edition Saves). Your Steam is V3 (which is basicly a V2 for game save purposes).

Check out the whole of the Chain Game for instructions on how to do that.

I found this:

[…]Make a backup of your original main.scm & script.img files first. I made a V1 & V2 folder for a backup of each. If you have any trouble or have any questions we will be here to help.

The files on your computer [may be] found here:

\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\script

(Note: depending on your O/S you may or may not have the (x86) )

You can download the V2 files here: http://www.megashare.com/3302605

This link is also on the first page of the chain game.

Just copy them into the above folder & you're ready to play in the chain game. But remember to copy back your original files to continue your current game.

In your case you need to find the V1 scripts.

Edited by lil weasel

You need to switch the scripts (main.scm & script.img files) when you want to play the V1 (First Edition Saves). Your Steam is V3 (which is basicly a V2 for game save purposes).

AFAIK, steam version is similar to V2 version. Script switching won't work with this version. All you need to do is, convert V1 saves to V2. Saves must be V2 script as well as V2 exe compatible.

AFAIK, steam version is similar to V2 version. Script switching won't work with this version. All you need to do is, convert V1 saves to V2. Saves must be V2 script as well as V2 exe compatible.

Do you have any suggestions about how to do this? As mentioned in my original post, I tried the gtasnp.com converter and the game still crashed upon loading.

Do you have any suggestions about how to do this? As mentioned in my original post, I tried the gtasnp.com converter and the game still crashed upon loading.

Go to http://hmvartak.110mb.com/conv.htm

Upload your save file and check script version and IPL versions. Converter automatically switches script versions between v1 and v2. But it changes IPL version version only if the checkbox is checked. For playing on steam version you need output file with

Exe ID : V2

Script : V2

IPL : V2