Lag with 2gb graphic card?

Rouids

I have lag, but my vid card is 2gb+ (2783mb), I'm using the lowest high memrestrict... Any recommended graphic setting I should use? I have a AMD RADEON HD 6450, and when I click auto configure in the game, it put's everything on HIGH, which I should be able to run with this card.

Edited by Rouids

I'm using the lowest high memrestrict...

Say what?

64bit..

I didn't understand that either.

By the way, try reducing Shadow density, Water Quality etc. and try the 1.0.4.0 patch (if you're not using it already).

I'm using the lowest high memrestrict...

Say what?

64bit..

I didn't understand that either.

By the way, try reducing Shadow density, Water Quality etc. and try the 1.0.4.0 patch (if you're not using it already).

I'm using the -memrestrict 650117120 which is the "lowest" high memrestrect option

And I'll try the other things you suggested in a few seconds

Also, I'm using the latest patch (1.0.7.0 I think)

it put's everything on HIGH, which I should be able to run with this card.

No, absolutely not.

What? How not so?

I turned down my graphics to MEDIUM, and it worked a little... but still a bit laggy

Edited by Rouids

Should I just post my full pc specs for yo guys to determine what to do? Like my g-card, hdspace, cores, and other things like that?

Should I just post my full pc specs for yo guys to determine what to do? Like my g-card, hdspace, cores, and other things like that?

Yes, please do wink.gif

But you have to understand that your videocard is pretty weak, it's normal you can't play on high (or medium, maybe even low) settings confused.gif

Don't forget to also post your resolution.

Yes, please do wink.gif

But you have to understand that your videocard is pretty weak, it's normal you can't play on high (or medium, maybe even low) settings confused.gif

Don't forget to also post your resolution.

I can play Blur, MW2, Warrock, and Combat Arms with NO problems at all, let me get those details for you

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz 40 °C

Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM

12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

LENOVO To be filled by O.E.M. (CPU 1) 26 °C

Graphics

LG TV (1360x768@60Hz)

AMD RADEON HD 6450 (Unknown) 48 °C

Hard Drives

1465GB Seagate ST31500341AS (SATA) 39 °C

Game settings:

Res: 1360 x 768 (60Hz)

Other settings are on Medium or default

Edited by Rouids

I can play Blur, MW2, Warrock, and Combat Arms with NO problems at all, let me get those details for you

Those aren't really the most graphicly intens games out there wink.gif

Those aren't really the most graphicly intens games out there wink.gif

Blur is pretty intense, and I get no lag on it whatsoever.

Also, posted details on other post

.... and on the other hand, GTAIV is one of the most taxing games of all time. So no, they absolutely do not compare. Absolutely not.

That GPU is not a good match for your processor.

Edited by mkey82

Rouids, mkey82 is very smart when it comes down to this stuff.

Just except that your card isn't up to the task of playing at medium/high settings confused.gif

If you would buy the card I have or a GeForce GTX 570 or something like that (GTX 560 Ti/GTX 580) you would have an uber pc that would max this game.

You should really upgrade the GPU and OC that CPU wink.gif

Edited by Exxon

.... and on the other hand, GTAIV is one of the most taxing games of all time. So no, they absolutely do not compare. Absolutely not.

That GPU is not a good match for your processor.

Pre-built... What do you suggest? (not that I can buy it anyway)

Rouids, mkey82 is very smart when it comes down to this stuff.

Just except that your card isn't up to the task of playing at medium/high settings confused.gif

If you would buy the card I have or a GeForce GTX 570 or something like that (GTX 560 Ti/GTX 580) you would have an uber pc that would max this game.

You should really upgrade the GPU and OC that CPU wink.gif

Uhhm... I don't have $350+ to spend haha, My parents would choke, they already gave me a full room makeover (that cost about $2-$3000...)

My card (MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II) was €220, too bad you don't have money man sigh.gif

Edited by Exxon

It's a 64bit card..2GB VRAM just allows you to max settings, the memory bus and chip configuration are the primary factors in frame rates. I play with a 128bit 2GB card and it'll lag sometimes if I max settings at high resolutions..

Get a 256bit+ card if you want big resolutions with high settings while achieving high frame rates.

It's a 64bit card..2GB VRAM just allows you to max settings, the memory bus and chip configuration are the primary factors in frame rates. I play with a 128bit 2GB card and it'll lag sometimes if I max settings at high resolutions..

Get a 256bit+ card if you want big resolutions with high settings while achieving high frame rates.

Like this one? http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Radeon-DisplayPo...C/dp/B0047ZH7GE

The 6450 is the lowest end of the 6000 desktop series. Meaning it is the slowest. It is barely enough to play GTA4 on lowest settings, nevermind high.

Remember next time that a high VRAM does NOT always mean high performance.

DU8afL0.jpg

YankeesPwnMets
Uhhm... I don't have $350+ to spend haha, My parents would choke, they already gave me a full room makeover (that cost about $2-$3000...)

Dude, no offense, but unless your room was damaged, that is WAY too much money for your own room. In college, that is apartment money, down payment for a car type money. Your parents gotta be insane to go and spend a fortune on one room

Dude, no offense, but unless your room was damaged, that is WAY too much money for your own room. In college, that is apartment money, down payment for a car type money. Your parents gotta be insane to go and spend a fortune on one room

A HUGE chunk of it was the computer lol,the rest was a bed, a wall mounted tv, a chair, a desk, and a few games