GTA concept city

Los Santos Pedestrian

Los Santos Pedestrian

Since I'm far too lazy to make an entire concept thread, I'm instead going to just post a GTA concept city instead because it's way easier to do. I searched around the U.S. for a city that had an easy-to-make layout, plus having some sort of violence and suitable for GTA. So I found one:

New Orleans.

This is the city I made in about 8 total hours (pretty good for 8 hours I think):

user posted image

(If you can't see it, go here: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/3712/gtanewo.png)

I call it New Rennes, named after another French town, like New Orleans was named after Orléans.

Anyway, I spent a while just surveying the city from Google Earth, following the paths of the interstate highway for one and even the locations of two airports which I added was well. Even two parks and what looked like a farm were added where they accurately are in the actual city. I added some alleyways at first but I gave up because, like I already said, I'm too lazy to finish that too.

I only added a few names, like Lake Pontchartrain is Lake Lac D'eau Claire (because New Orleans was a French colony lol), there's a bayou called, well, just The Bayou, a small island called Berks Island, and a small town called Casperton.

So you can use this if you want, I really don't care. Just give credit for it, and once you have your hands on it you can change the names all you want if they are too sh*tty for you, plus add more detail like alleyways if you seriously need to.

Enjoy. icon14.gif

I am so confused. Is this a concept thread or not? I am guessing that it is not due to the fact that there are no characters and other aspects are missing. If you just slapped together a map with no base or storyline, why did you post this here? I consider working more than eight hours and make a concept that is actually readable and suitable for this forum's standards.

Los Santos Pedestrian

I am so confused. Is this a concept thread or not? I am guessing that it is not due to the fact that there are no characters and other aspects are missing. If you just slapped together a map with no base or storyline, why did you post this here? I consider working more than eight hours and make a concept that is actually readable and suitable for this forum's standards.

No, I'm just posting a city concept, not a complete GTA game concept, because I don't have the time for it and I don't feel like doing it right now.

This is just a city map I posted that people can use themselves, it's not meant to be too impressive though. They could use it if they don't have enough time to start one from scratch or something.