Legislature

lil weasel

What if the Senate and Reps only were in Session for One month three times a year.

Do we really need them to be enacting new laws all the time? How about repealing the ones that haven't been used in years, like Adultry?

I'm in the "the more work they do the better" camp. tounge.gif

This.

Too many individuals are too selfish, too ignorant or too stupid to legislate for themselves. To some extent, the more legislation that governments produce, the better- the less likely these individuals will influence policy. Then again, that penalises the intelligent and the sensible. A happy medium is the answer.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

So basicly you all think the 'Government' needs to control more of your life. You need to be told what to do in the minute sense.

We can't understand the laws we have, and you want more. wow.gif

So basicly you all think the 'Government' needs to control more of your life. You need to be told what to do in the minute sense.

We can't understand the laws we have, and you want more. wow.gif

I don't need to be told what to do. Many people don't need to be told what to do. The moronic, selfish and deluded element of society do. Whether that is a majority or a minority is entirely down to your perceptions and beliefs. But everyone needs some kind of instruction. Human nature dictates we do stupid things, why? Who knows, but it's a fact. Without legislation, without order brought to the chaos, all you have is carnage. The basic principal of legislation is to place everyone on an equal footing, to punish those who step outside the boundaries of what is considered "normal" in a society. Are you saying, by demanding less legislation, that chaos is preferable to order?

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

I personally like the idea of a temporary legislature. Call it up every once in a while to see if something really needs to be addressed.

I don't think every little detail needs to be explicitly dealt with in law. For instance, text messaging was banned in my state recently. Kinda bugged me since they already had a law making "distracted driving" a punishable offense. A common law court would be able to deal with that extension. You could make some institutional changes to allow for common law jury if they aren't in place so that one maniacal judge can't condemn me for adjusting the knob on the radio while driving.

@sivispacem: I suggest that too much order breeds chaos. The more laws you have on the books, the more complicated it seems it would become to follow them all. The likelihood of getting a law that would intentionally be ignored also should go up. The power of law is in people's respect for it. If people lose that respect because the law gets too personal or pedantic, I believe law itself will breakdown.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Edited by Rown