Can't acess internet after certain period of usage

Tashan

Hi

I am experiencing a very weird problem with my internet connection and browsing. Basically, my internet usage is mainly downloading day to day bases of stock datas, opening and closing market prices, stuff like that, purely from well recognised websites, namely, moneycontrol.com, ibnlive and nseindia.com. Other than that my browsing is limited to forums or social networking sites. I use Quick Heal Subscription for virus protection which is A+ icon14.gif and Firefox (currently 6.0.2) to surf the internet

Now, after approximately a months of surfing and downloading suddenly my access to internet comes to complete stop. I mean other than google, no single web page can be displayed, despite my LAN, Modem and PC are perfectly fine and virus free.

I have no clue why such stoppage occurs with my internet after every few weeks of browsing. There is no virus which I am 100% sure and neither downloads are stored without daily scans of the system which are positive and clean!

The moment I reformat my PC, LAN and internet suddenly back to normal until the same problem starts after few weeks.

I don't understand why is this happening?

Is it with the download managers that corrupt my IP? I use Free download manager which is 100% good software.

Also, sometimes I use "repair" function on the LAN status. Does that corrupt IP in anyway? Should I refrain using repair??

Any help much appreciated and please provide any advise to end this continuity of LAN failure. confused.gif

Thanks

Are you connected to your router with a LAN cable, or wirelessly? Sounds like it could be a problem with the adapter uptime, if wireless.

Alternatively if you said you could still load Google, you're either loading it from cache or you have a software issue. Do you know what DNS server you're using, out of curiosity?

user posted image

Hmm... I had a problem like this sometime back, where it'd just say "unable to find the servers DNS adress"

I fixed mine, but do you have problems connecting to https websites? If so you have the same problem I had and I can try to help you out, If not then sorry I can't help you sad.gif.

Are you connected to your router with a LAN cable, or wirelessly?

Do you know what DNS server you're using, out of curiosity?

I have a DNS Modem and the service provider visited and changed the IP address which was previously set to automatically.

Now, internet is working but they have not given any reason why is this thing happening??

Hope it doesn't repeat again confused.gif

Hmm... I had a problem like this sometime back, where it'd just say "unable to find the servers DNS adress"

I fixed mine, but do you have problems connecting to https websites? If so you have the same problem I had and I can try to help you out, If not then sorry I can't help you sad.gif.

Other than Google nothing works.

Edited by shrekdj

Is your router bought/included with Broadband? If so I think its worth getting in contact with Customer Support and they can replace your router for free.