Trainer force closing everything..

Kye999

So, I finally bought the original game.. I installed the Patch 1.0.7.0, but it f*cked up my game.. So then I installed the patch 1.0.4.0.. Then I put xliveless.dll inside the folder (root directory) and then I put only these files there too "scripthook.dll, trainer.asi and trainer.ini".. I tried deleting all the files thing from C:\Users\YoBaby\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\Settings, but the folder kept rebuilding itself, and the game force closes.. Please help! The game is no fun to me without the trainer (after seeing those cool videos from youtube).. Thanks in advance..

Get rid of the trainer is what he is saying.

How simple does it have to get?

Yeah, but I REALLY want to use it!! All those features, how can I resist them??!!

YankeesPwnMets

all modifications to the game files are unofficial, probably lack testing and are made by people who usually use third party (that is unofficial) tools

By no means does this mean that people who make mods are incompetent, the opposite is the truth obviously, but the fact is their time and funding is limited, there are quite a lot game versions out there and it's simply very hard to keep track of everything.

Due to the nature of modding, which involves using various files from many unrelated sources in (probably) unique conditions, people who are trying to fix issues in this section simply can't know what may have gone wrong:

- is the mod aimed at some other game version

- is the mod version dated

- is the mod functional

- does the mod have some dependencies

- has the mod been properly installed

- has some error occurred during some (other) mod removal

- does the mod maybe have some outstanding issues with some other mod

- has some archive been corrupted during the download/upload process

As you can obviously see, there are far too many variables here to have any chance at troubleshooting successfully. At the core of every troubleshooting process is removal of sources of as many probable causes as possible before the real issues shows its face.

Edited by YankeesPwnMets

all modifications to the game files are unofficial, probably lack testing and are made by people who usually use third party (that is unofficial) tools

By no means does this mean that people who make mods are incompetent, the opposite is the truth obviously, but the fact is their time and funding is limited, there are quite a lot game versions out there and it's simply very hard to keep track of everything.

Due to the nature of modding, which involves using various files from many unrelated sources in (probably) unique conditions, people who are trying to fix issues in this section simply can't know what may have gone wrong:

- is the mod aimed at some other game version

- is the mod version dated

- is the mod functional

- does the mod have some dependencies

- has the mod been properly installed

- has some error occurred during some (other) mod removal

- does the mod maybe have some outstanding issues with some other mod

- has some archive been corrupted during the download/upload process

As you can obviously see, there are far too many variables here to have any chance at troubleshooting successfully. At the core of every troubleshooting process is removal of sources of as many probable causes as possible before the real issues shows its face.

so many ppl can run it in exactly my specs and i cant?

Yeah, but I REALLY want to use it!! All those features, how can I resist them??!!

What are you thinking about? No one said "get rid of the trainer forever", just take it out and see if the damn game runs.

Or, if you enjoy an epic-fail crashing game anyways, don't remove it inlove.gif

What are you thinking about? No one said "get rid of the trainer forever", just take it out and see if the damn game runs.

Or, if you enjoy an epic-fail crashing game anyways, don't remove it inlove.gif

removed, works.. I've been running this game for a long time after removing those.. i cant resist gta 4, and if i play it i cant resist the trainer! ANy quick solutions please?

YankeesPwnMets

Not really, other then asking the modding section for help. For some people, some mods just don't work.

lucky me..

iF you would have bothered to read the included documentation this whole thread probably wasn't necessary.

If using an older patch (like 1.0.4.0), you CANNOT use scripthook.dll as it will only work on the two most recent patches, therfore there is another file included in the trainer archive: scripthook - for old patches.dll

Extract this file somewhere, then rename it to scripthook.dll and then jank it into the game directory.

Next time read the damm document please.