WTF is happening in London?

allhailkingryan

allhailkingryan

OK, so I'm on holiday near towerbridge, and police vans, armored patrol police, police helicopters and police bikes keep going past in ridiculous amounts. I've even seen Lancashire and Scotland patrol cars goin past. The tube is closed in most stations. Has there been a terrorist attack or mass murder or something?

Dickheads being dickheads, sounds about right.

It's probably nothing, but with the recent events, anything that even has a whiff of civil unrest about it will be swiftly and harshly smacked down at the moment, hence the level of response.

user posted image

The EDL? Hmm, are they really as bad as the BNP and the National Front? That's what I've heard. But then, on the flip side, some people say they're just against Islamic extremism and aren't racist at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Anti-Fascist groups simply hated them because they used the dreaded 'E' word, of course there's no place for that in their beautiful globalist utopia. I don't really care if they thin out their numbers fighting in senseless brawls.

It's probably nothing, but with the recent events, anything that even has a whiff of civil unrest about it will be swiftly and harshly smacked down at the moment, hence the level of response.

Good, IMO.

If there is a terrorist attack in the UK in the next few years, I'm going to lay it's responsibility solely at the door of organisations like the EDL. Basically, through their moronic and poorly-conceived anti-Islam stance, all they are basically achieving is promoting the very segregation that encourages radicalism, fundamentalism and ultimately terrorism. Knee-jerk radicalism is possibly the worst conceivable response to an issue as divisive and nuanced as radical Islamism. The actions of naive, moronic and dissolutional individuals such as those who subscribe to the EDL's core beliefs can have no part to play in a solution to what is in essence an incredibly complex problem. All they do is make the situation far more volatile.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

Good, IMO.

If there is a terrorist attack in the UK in the next few years, I'm going to lay it's responsibility solely at the door of organisations like the EDL. Basically, through their moronic and poorly-conceived anti-Islam stance, all they are basically achieving is promoting the very segregation that encourages radicalism, fundamentalism and ultimately terrorism. Knee-jerk radicalism is possibly the worst conceivable response to an issue as divisive and nuanced as radical Islamism. The actions of naive, moronic and dissolutional individuals such as those who subscribe to the EDL's core beliefs can have no part to play in a solution to what is in essence an incredibly complex problem. All they do is make the situation far more volatile.

Which could also describe the Anarchist scumbags who blame our society whenever some Jihadist decides to blow up a bunch of women and children. Yet for some reason, it's perfectly fine for the f*cking Reds to hate our guts and mastermind protests and riots and try to destabilise the entire country. I guess they just have better PR guys than the skinhead racist f*ckwits.

The EDL? Hmm, are they really as bad as the BNP and the National Front? That's what I've heard. But then, on the flip side, some people say they're just against Islamic extremism and aren't racist at all.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Anti-Fascist groups simply hated them because they used the dreaded 'E' word, of course there's no place for that in their beautiful globalist utopia. I don't really care if they thin out their numbers fighting in senseless brawls.

I can't really compare them to the National Front as that was all before my time (and all my knowledge comes from a biased vehemently anti-NF source) but I think they're miles worse than the BNP. At least the BNP have the decency (lol) to put up a front of political legitimacy, the EDL do so in such a pitiful way it makes the whole thing even more offensive. I'll give some ground in admitting that the whole national pride and preservation of "Britishness" can be proper political issues, but for most people in any of these organisations they're just being used as a "legitimate" vehicle for their xenophobia and racism.

These organisations are often spearheaded by very clever people, they're often called stupid which they clearly aren't. They know how to manage people and can be quite effective in keeping those who know the difference between the actual party feeling and the official line. That's how you end up with people like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (EDL leader) making a fool out of Jeremy Paxman on national television following links between the group and Anders Brevik.

Then again, sometimes the idiot hatefuls get through, and show the true face of most EDL members:

user posted image

You know, it would be lovely if there was a patriotic resistance to the EDL. And not just people waving Palestinian flags for no f*cking reason.

The battle for hearts and minds can't be won when the supposed 'good guys' show no signs of even giving a sh*t about this country.

These organisations are often spearheaded by very clever people, they're often called stupid which they clearly aren't. They know how to manage people and can be quite effective in keeping those who know the difference between the actual party feeling and the official line. That's how you end up with people like Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (EDL leader) making a fool out of Jeremy Paxman on national television following links between the group and Anders Brevik.

There's a difference between being savvy or charismatic, and being clever. It requires no intelligence to manipulate people into following a cause, all it really requires is charisma or an argument presented convincingly enough to prevent it's followers from analysing it critically. It's why it's much easier to convert the idiotic or delusional to any cause than it is the rational or intelligent. With reference to Stephen Yaxley-Lennon- he's not the originator of the EDL movement, merely it's leader- and he's been successful because he is an individual who does display a modicum of intelligence yet still somehow inexplicably follows their line. Personally, despite his backgrounds in the Luton-based Firms, I don't think he's a hardened anti-Islamist or even a dedicated right-wing actor- I reckon he's an individual who enjoys the controversy he creates, rather than actually believing in it- and what better way to create massive media controversy and stir up grass-roots support than to spearhead an anti-Islamic organisation? In that sense, he's very clever, but he's not the founder or originator of the EDL- just the vessel through which they have gained popularity.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4

There's a difference between being savvy or charismatic, and being clever. It requires no intelligence to manipulate people into following a cause, all it really requires is charisma or an argument presented convincingly enough to prevent it's followers from analysing it critically. It's why it's much easier to convert the idiotic or delusional to any cause than it is the rational or intelligent. With reference to Stephen Yaxley-Lennon- he's not the originator of the EDL movement, merely it's leader- and he's been successful because he is an individual who does display a modicum of intelligence yet still somehow inexplicably follows their line. Personally, despite his backgrounds in the Luton-based Firms, I don't think he's a hardened anti-Islamist or even a dedicated right-wing actor- I reckon he's an individual who enjoys the controversy he creates, rather than actually believing in it- and what better way to create massive media controversy and stir up grass-roots support than to spearhead an anti-Islamic organisation? In that sense, he's very clever, but he's not the founder or originator of the EDL- just the vessel through which they have gained popularity.

But why would an intelligent man dedicate himself to a political movement that has no future? Neither the EDL or the BNP will ever gain political legitimacy. Even if a lot of the working classes agree with them. So what would attract an opportunist to such a movement? It could be the attention, but he's certainly not in it because there's a future spot in the government waiting for him.

All these little far-right groups eventually go the way of the Dodo. It makes me wonder why anyone with an ounce of intelligence would waste their time on a doomed enterprise.

I just looked on BBC news, 2nd most read is 'scuffles break out at edl protest in east London' think that's it?

Really? My friend is part of the whole EDL group. He told me that it's not a racist society it just doesn't like the whole Sharia law idea and muslim extremists. He's not a racist anyway because he's a friend of mine and I'm a whole bunch of things.

But why would an intelligent man dedicate himself to a political movement that has no future? Neither the EDL or the BNP will ever gain political legitimacy. Even if a lot of the working classes agree with them. So what would attract an opportunist to such a movement? It could be the attention, but he's certainly not in it because there's a future spot in the government waiting for him.

All these little far-right groups eventually go the way of the Dodo. It makes me wonder why anyone with an ounce of intelligence would waste their time on a doomed enterprise.

It's no different from being the leader of a cult. He craves attention, admiration and masturbation of his ego. It's not about the past or future of the organisation, his only real desire is to exercise some kind of influence over people. Perhaps his mummy didn't cuddle him enough, perhaps his daddy touched him too much, who knows? Many people- especially those of high intelligence but little recognition- crave the idea of leading fellow individuals, influencing their views and shaping opinions. Who cares what those opinions are- the thrill of power is enough.

Untitled-1.jpg

Really? My friend is part of the whole EDL group. He told me that it's not a racist society...

Bollocks. Having policed an EDL event in the past I can say first hand I heard plenty of racist chants being shouted and Nazi salutes being waved. The stewards are efficient at making sure these don't get out of hand, but it's more to keep the racist elements underwraps to provide an umbrella of legitimacy rather than being down to disagreement.

Publicly they may not be explicitly "racist" in their policies, but does anyone with more than 5 brain cells think that the members who constitute the group aren't racist? EDL members are the same people who make up the BNP, Combat 18, and all the other blatantly racist right-wing UK based groups.

--- AMF ---

user posted image

-= A joke is a very serious thing - Winston Churchill =-

Really? My friend is part of the whole EDL group. He told me that it's not a racist society...

Bollocks. Having policed an EDL event in the past I can say first hand I heard plenty of racist chants being shouted and Nazi salutes being waved. The stewards are efficient at making sure these don't get out of hand, but it's more to keep the racist elements underwraps to provide an umbrella of legitimacy rather than being down to disagreement.

Publicly they may not be explicitly "racist" in their policies, but does anyone with more than 5 brain cells think that the members who constitute the group aren't racist? EDL members are the same people who make up the BNP, Combat 18, and all the other blatantly racist right-wing UK based groups.

I can beleive that obviously, I suppose it depends on each individual and I have always known when these groups form there will always be racism involved in them. I don't think my friend knows what he's doing, he doesn't want Sharia law imposed in the UK and he's not a racist but I just don't think he knows how to go about it. Like all the discussions above rioting thugs and chanting isn't going to change much if anything at all.

Tommy Dickfingers

This sums up the views and intelligence of the average EDL member..

and then there's the brilliant remix version, which I can watch over and over.

Punk-in-Drublic

Just a bunch of right wing knuckle draggers getting pissed up and trying to cause racial hatred. Their plan failed, anti-fascists defended the streets and were shouting "They shall not pass" just like during the battle of Cable Street. They all got kettled in and moved on, some were arrested too. Good result.

http://towerhamletsalarm.wordpress.com/201...3-full-of-sh*t/

When did Sharia Law coming to the UK Ingerland become an actual political issue anyway?

Oh yeah, never.

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

Just a bunch of right wing knuckle draggers getting pissed up and trying to cause racial hatred. Their plan failed, anti-fascists defended the streets and were shouting "They shall not pass" just like during the battle of Cable Street. They all got kettled in and moved on, some were arrested too. Good result.

http://towerhamletsalarm.wordpress.com/201...3-full-of-sh*t/

Who are these Anti-Fascists? What do they believe in?

When I see them waving Palestinian flags and sh*t like that, it just pisses me off. Which is sad, because ideally I would be supporting these guys. But so many Anti-Fascist groups have an undercurrent of globalism that they seem like just another evil group hiding behind a mask of legitimacy. Basically, the Anti-Fascists often seem to be as radical as the far-right groups, they seem to hate our society just as much as the EDL, they certainly don't seem to show any pride in the country. People like me should be siding with the Anti-Fascists, but how can I when they probably see any kind of nationalism as a bad thing?

allhailkingryan

Why are nationalistic groups such racist dickheads? Personally, I'm against immagration and housing benefits etc, but I'm not a twat about it.

People just don't know how to get there point across or try to express their view in the correct way. If EDL want to become something greater their going to have to stop rioting and causing damage like any other protesters. Their leader Robinson or that's his nickname at least seems like he doesn't want the EDL to escalate into violence, however he doesn't seem very bright and woudn't be an ideal political leader. EDL may have the passion to keep Sharia law out of England although as Robinski said their isn't really any threat at the moment but they don't have the brains I don't think to get their point across in a civilized manner.

I don't understand why there can't be a party that promotes Anti-Islamic extremism without it's ruling panel being full of racists and scumbags. Can't there be a party that is primarily against Islamic extremism and when the extremists are identified they can simply try and advise a law to deport them? I think it would be much better than rioting in East London icon14.gif if the EDL maybe formed some sort of Police sector that was for locating and capturing extremists and terrorists in Britain or something along those lines. Just a little more contribution to what they beleive in instead of just rioting.

That's just my view, I'm only wishing for the best.

Man I f*cking hate politics.

I used to be really into all this sh*t and realised it's f*cking pointless and I could do without the headache.

FIOszpJ.gif

I'm glad I read this, 2 days ago I passed about 30ish Strathclyde Police riot vans heading south on the M74 in a convoy, I was mega confused but it makes sense now to some extent.

I was there on the 1st of September and there was nothing like that, but Tottenham Court Road tube was closed now you mention it.

I was there on the 1st of September and there was nothing like that, but Tottenham Court Road tube was closed now you mention it.

Tottenham Court Road has been closed for about 6 months now- refurbishment works.

Untitled-1.jpg

Tottenham Court Road has been closed for about 6 months now- refurbishment works.

Oh, I passed there a couple of times I thought it was due to the riots, if there were any in the tube stations. There were in Clapham anyway, saw two spots on the main passway that had flowers where people had died.