GTA5 Should Have Official Cars!

!GaMeR!

With all this modding people do to have real car manufactururs in the game, I think R* should just put in some of the real life cars into the game. I think me and alot of others would agree it would be preety awsome to drive around in a BMW, Ferrari etc. What do you guys think?

They cant put every car in the game but what would be your ideal bunch to put in? Classics to Modern?

There exists a topic for this here: Should Gta V have real type of cars

So I expect this may get locked. But just in case it doesn't I'll say this:

GTA doesn't need real cars. And I don't want them. There are a whole bunch of reasons:

1. Association with criminal activities. Two ways this might work. a) no manufacturer gets involved, but that would just leave us where we are now so no change there really. b) Some manufacturers get involved but not others leading to an odd skew in the vehicles represented.
  2. What if a manufacturer demands exclusivity? All of a sudden every single car is a Ford or GM vehicle. That'd be weird.
  3. Car manufacturers would want a fee to license their vehicles for use. Though I don't think it would be a great obstacle for Rockstar to pay a fee. But then each manufacturer may want a say in how their vehicles are represented which would probably adversely influence the creative process.
  4. As of GTA:IV, the vehicles models have got REALLY good. Many are so close to their real-life counterparts that I think it's been good of the manufacturers to turn a blind eye. I personally haven't felt the need to mod GTA:IV whereas I modded VC and SA to get higher fidelity models.
  5. GTA's vehicles have become brands in their own right to those that play the game. Why wouldn't we want to play without the Cheetah; the Infernus; the Blista Compact and the Sentinel? They're part of the GTA universe. I mean, how many people are waiting for the return of the Kuruma?
I'll admit that some of these reasons aren't as good as others (some may not stand up well), but they are all factors to varying degrees.

GTA's vehicles are good as they are. I don't think it would be right or necessary to "go real."

It won't happen since R* needs the permission to use all of those real life brand names. And some companies wouldn't want there name associated with Gta.

There exists a topic for this here: Should Gta V have real type of cars

So I expect this may get locked. But just in case it doesn't I'll say this:

GTA doesn't need real cars. And I don't want them. There are a whole bunch of reasons:

1. Association with criminal activities. Two ways this might work. a) no manufacturer gets involved, but that would just leave us where we are now so no change there really. b) Some manufacturers get involved but not others leading to an odd skew in the vehicles represented.
  2. What if a manufacturer demands exclusivity? All of a sudden every single car is a Ford or GM vehicle. That'd be weird.
  3. Car manufacturers would want a fee to license their vehicles for use. Though I don't think it would be a great obstacle for Rockstar to pay a fee. But then each manufacturer may want a say in how their vehicles are represented which would probably adversely influence the creative process.
  4. As of GTA:IV, the vehicles models have got REALLY good. Many are so close to their real-life counterparts that I think it's been good of the manufacturers to turn a blind eye. I personally haven't felt the need to mod GTA:IV whereas I modded VC and SA to get higher fidelity models.
  5. GTA's vehicles have become brands in their own right to those that play the game. Why wouldn't we want to play without the Cheetah; the Infernus; the Blista Compact and the Sentinel? They're part of the GTA universe. I mean, how many people are waiting for the return of the Kuruma?
I'll admit that some of these reasons aren't as good as others (some may not stand up well), but they are all factors to varying degrees.

GTA's vehicles are good as they are. I don't think it would be right or necessary to "go real."

Good point, never thought of it that way.