2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA San Andreas Beta Discussion and Finds

In GTA San Andreas, there is a towable trailer called a farm trailer. The only way to tug this trailer is with a tractor. This trailer has three spawn locations, two in Red County, and one in Tierra Robada. I thought that it was strange that it spawned in Tierra Robada, since there are no tractors to pull it there. I believe in the beta, tractors spawned in Tierra Robada. Maybe they cut them from the location because there is no farm fields there, what do you think?

On 1/27/2021 at 12:19 AM, universetwisters said:

Also Brian was 10 when he got whacked or somethin according to it aswell 

That sounds so weird to me. Not just because that's such a young age to die but also because when Emmet sees CJ he mistakes Carl for Brian which makes me assume that Brian can't be much older/younger than CJ. I know Emmet's mental health is supposed to be deteriorating but if he remembers the name Brian surely he wouldn't confuse a 10 year old kid (who, if he died at the age of 10, would be 15 in 1992) with 20 something year old CJ.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, GhettoJesus said:

That sounds so weird to me. Not just because that's such a young age to die but also because when Emmet sees CJ he mistakes Carl for Brian which makes me assume that Brian can't be much older/younger than CJ. I know Emmet's mental health is supposed to be deteriorating but if he remembers the name Brian surely he wouldn't confuse a 10 year old kid (who, if he died at the age of 10, would be 15 in 1992) with 20 something year old CJ.

Also CJ never saw his dad if Brian was 10 then he won't be a son from the same dad

5 hours ago, DR:BUSTA said:

Also CJ never saw his dad if Brian was 10 then he won't be a son from the same dad

Being old, Emmet maybe has bad vision. He also probably had no idea that CJ came back to San Andreas. He probably also hadn't seen Brain in a long time..

• KEKW 1
CarlCocksonJohnson
1 hour ago, BennyGod said:

Being old, Emmet maybe has bad vision. He also probably had no idea that CJ came back to San Andreas. He probably also hadn't seen Brain in a long time..

That’s probably why emmet mistaken CJ as Brian.

CryptReaperDorian

As cool as it would have been to see a rendition of Alcatraz Island, I wouldn't have taken Bayside as a casualty for it to make an appearance. Without Bayside on the beta map, the Gant (Golden Gate) Bridge ends up looking a bit awkwardly placed. Like, it's not terrible (as is GTA V's highway system) as it still turns into a northern route that cuts through two small towns and then into Las Venturas. It's just having that third town in-between, located right next to the Gant Bridge, makes it look much more natural.

There are a few tiny differences between that map and the current one. For example, the last building in Ganton courts is shaped like a C, but if you go there in the actual game, it is l shaped like the rest of the buildings in the court. Also, I think the SF Airport has a difference somewhere.

• Like 2

I've thought this was odd they included a beta map. this map is different than what appears in-game and on the radar.

There seems to be a road that connects Easter Basin Docks to the underground tunnel into SF Airport. There's also a road missing that does around the Yay Factory in Doherty.

There's an alley way in Idlewood that's missing. The road simply connects to Grove Street and leads all the way to Verona Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

069edited.jpg

There is no second entry to the san fierro police station, the sparrow and seasparrow model are from gta vice city.

2 hours ago, StuntGames said:

069edited.jpg

gallery1.jpg

Well here is a comparison between the beta & final.

Was the ground much higher?

Edited by ArkianHue
Spelling mistake
4 hours ago, ArkianHue said:

Good find.

I think it was a building roof originally (with a sudden roof drop by the garage), which they later changed to be a road.

8 hours ago, ArkianHue said:

Well here is a comparison between the beta & final.

Yep, ground were tall as a reserved space, there was no grass.

0ZgIjFv.jpg

ak3D01g.jpg

Another image found thanks to @justGesha.

• 3 weeks later...
doomfuldark99
9 hours ago, StuntGames said:

It is alive like a falling leaf. :inlove:

Good to hear that it is alive, I only asked If It's alive since the GTA San Andreas beta community is barely active in terms of modding, most good beta mods end up dying, or just that their creator falls into a personal problem to which he cant continue working on the mod.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:33 AM, BennyGod said:

There are a few tiny differences between that map and the current one. For example, the last building in Ganton courts is shaped like a C, but if you go there in the actual game, it is l shaped like the rest of the buildings in the court. Also, I think the SF Airport has a difference somewhere.

Probably a mistake by the devs, or either a leftover from the beta version.

Edited by doomfuldark99
8 hours ago, doomfuldark99 said:

Probably a mistake by the devs, or either a leftover from the beta version.

No, because if you look at the race beta maps, you can still see the "C" shaped Ganton building and the road leading into the underground part of the Airport.4nSnJ5S.png

Brooklynzsmac

There is in game screenshot with C shaped building (the one with CJ, Grove Street members and majestic in the distance). It's the same building as the one a couple blocks away from that place. 

SF airport had static planes and afair some less hangars.

Also speaking of beta SA talk, I post my analyzes on this beta related discord, if anyone's interested: https://discord.gg/4QXS9V9G

2 hours ago, Brooklynzsmac said:

There is in game screenshot with C shaped building (the one with CJ, Grove Street members and majestic in the distance). It's the same building as the one a couple blocks away from that place. 

SF airport had static planes and afair some less hangars.

Also speaking of beta SA talk, I post my analyzes on this beta related discord, if anyone's interested: https://discord.gg/4QXS9V9G

Could you post the screenshot?

Brooklynzsmac
16 minutes ago, BennyGod said:

Could you post the screenshot?

yONNqry_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Building is seen to the left. 

Edited by Brooklynzsmac
doomfuldark99
9 hours ago, BennyGod said:

No, because if you look at the race beta maps, you can still see the "C" shaped Ganton building and the road leading into the underground part of the Airport.4nSnJ5S.png

Was this map even used in the pre-release?

• excuseme 2
9 hours ago, Brooklynzsmac said:

yONNqry_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Building is seen to the left. 

What even is it? Whatever it was, it's weird that the developers removed it pretty late in development, as it likely had no significance. 

Brooklynzsmac
5 hours ago, BennyGod said:

What even is it? Whatever it was, it's weird that the developers removed it pretty late in development, as it likely had no significance. 

It's a mall, 6th Street Plaza, here's how it looks: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/6th_Street_Plaza

They removed it and changed into another housing project, because as I said the same mall is placed in Willowfield a couple blocks away. 

@doomfuldark99No, it's just sits there in game files for the lulz, it's R*'s obvious bait, not really an alpha map. 

Edited by Brooklynzsmac