Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SANAN7

BETA San Andreas FINDS

Helegad

That's not what he's talking about Weasel.

lil weasel

Helpful that is. What then is it, and why are you keeping it secret.

OrionSR

There's been a bit of discussion recently regarding rare drug dealers. The basic upshot is: The black and white drug dealers are a normal part of the game. They stand along ped paths in gang zones and sell drugs to peds, offer dialog to CJ that goes nowhere, iitc, and drop 2000 cash when killed. There are two rare dealers that are fully implemented but the conditions usually aren't right for them to spawn. The biker dealer will spawn in SF if you can glitch/exploit/edit gangs into you SF zones. The hispanic dealer will spawn in gang zones if the ped type's ethnicity filter restricts both black and white pedestrian. (Ethnic filtering has only been defined within the last week;) A standard game doesn't include any zones with ped type 4, 8, or 12 that would allow the hispanic dealer to spawn, but the zone tool of the Savegame Editor 3.x Pedestrian field modifies this value (0874:).

Added: And we have a new hypothesis that explains the old glitch of the biker dealer frequently spawning in Jefferson soon after starting a new game.

When a new game starts CJ is first seen within the interior of the Francis International Airport of Liberty City. This interior is located high above Cranberry Station and Doherty in San Fierro. If the cut-scene is skipped right away then sometimes the flag that marks CJ as within the SF weather zone doesn't change back to LS before CJ is fading into the Jefferson alley and peds are required to spawn. The game quickly starts loading peds for the new zone but while the SF peds and dealer persist in memory they might spawn.

So if you want a peek at the biker dealer just start a new game and skip the cut-scene before CJ has finished placing his suitcase for check-in. I'm not exactly sure about the precise timing of when to skip. The biker dealer might not spawn if you skip right away, or spawn if skipping after CJ is clearly in LS, but your best bet is to skip right away, and if you see SF peds then keep looking for the biker dealer, otherwise restart again.

Edited by OrionSR

BigHomie

I meant that seemingly a feature of buying/selling drugs was meant to be introduced to the game (e.g. the weed in the original Doberman mission being referenced to as a gift). So I wanted to ask if any further information is known on all of this.

OrionSR

Try looking into the TTDISA mod - Things To Do In San Andreas. I know that a lot of beta features were reimplemented in that mod but I have no idea if what you describe was included, or for that matter, anything more than a rumor.

Brooklynzsmac

AFAIR there are unused stats in the game files, "Amount of drugs sold" and "Drugs budget", so yeah, at one point R* planned to make CJ buy/sell drugs, but it collided with GSF' anti-drug policy.

Edited by Brooklynzsmac

Helegad

Helpful that is. What then is it, and why are you keeping it secret.

It's amazing, you write English better than you understand it. What exactly does a "beta drug dealing feature" have to do with cut missions that have been very well documented already?

CoolMods

oh damn beta san andreas had some great left overs

Edited by CoolMods

Brooklynzsmac

6UiGshA.png

7zcC4XH.jpg

I cleaned texture of corpse falling out of Combine Harvester and made it into ped.

CoolMods

6UiGshA.png

7zcC4XH.jpg

I cleaned texture of corpse falling out of Combine Harvester and made it into ped.

good job homie

Brooklynzsmac

N6q5t3G.jpg

Fixed his model a bit so he's not so dark ingame. Coming soon!

BTW looking for a vehicle artist, pm me for more info

Edited by Brooklynzsmac

gts.

Amazing work Brooklynzsmac, I didn't imagine it was a full pedestrian texture, and it has model too?

Just wow, what else is left on this game?

Brooklynzsmac

The original model is chopped kinda similar to chopcop, though it has only one leg and one arm, and mapping on it is messed, so instead of attaching those pieces one to another I modified the model that it's based on (cshelper1).

Edited by Brooklynzsmac

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

In beta the mission Pier 69 was different, at the begging you kill Ryder, not T-Bone.

When mendez runs :

Caesar : Mendez i see you rifa mothaf*cker!

T-Bone : I'mma hunt you down Johnson!

Edited by CoolMods

Derrick_Keno
Posted (edited)

Everyone knows how the Blista Compact looked like in the beta of Vice City, that being the GPX. But today I found this image of a so-called "beta" Blista Compact in GTA: San Andreas on the Spanish GTA Wiki, which might as well be filled with false info, like the English one. Now, what caught my eye was the authentic beta reflections on the car, the Vice City rims, and the rather low resolution of the screenshot. Is this a real beta gameplay screenshot, or is it just a mod? If it's a mod, where can I download it from?

http://es.gta.wikia.com/wiki/Blista_Compact?file=BlistaCompactBetaSA.png

Edited by Derrick_Keno

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

*bump*

As well, the only guy who ever got the late beta is BradyGames. His guide had a lot of beta content that was changed.

P.S Working at a beta mod right now, pm me if you got any mods that can be helpful.

Edited by CoolMods

∴

If you're talking about the strategy guide from Brady, I think I have a copy of that at my dad's house. I haven't looked at it in about 12 years.

CoolMods

If you're talking about the strategy guide from Brady, I think I have a copy of that at my dad's house. I haven't looked at it in about 12 years.

Can you send me some screenshots of it in PM (if you can?). It would be really helpfull for my beta mod.

∴

I'm not sure when I'll next be visiting him but I'll try and get there next week, that's providing I can even find it, ha. I don't have a scanner so some photos are going to have to do I'm afraid. What is it you wanted, specifically?

CoolMods
Posted (edited)

I'm not sure when I'll next be visiting him but I'll try and get there next week, that's providing I can even find it, ha. I don't have a scanner so some photos are going to have to do I'm afraid. What is it you wanted, specifically?

some photos from missions and vehicles, cause it would really help in my beta mod.

Edited by CoolMods

CarsonGT

Everyone knows how the Blista Compact looked like in the beta of Vice City, that being the GPX. But today I found this image of a so-called "beta" Blista Compact in GTA: San Andreas on the Spanish GTA Wiki, which might as well be filled with false info, like the English one. Now, what caught my eye was the authentic beta reflections on the car, the Vice City rims, and the rather low resolution of the screenshot. Is this a real beta gameplay screenshot, or is it just a mod? If it's a mod, where can I download it from?

http://es.gta.wikia.com/wiki/Blista_Compact?file=BlistaCompactBetaSA.png

That's a mod. Someone made a mod that imports VC reflections into SA.

http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods/115084-iii-and-vc-reflections-on-cars/

∴

So unfortunately I was unable to find the strategy guide. It's annoying because I know I owned it at one point. Sorry about that. I can't imagine a copy of it would be too expensive to buy now, as I remember it wasn't renowned for its accuracy.

lil weasel

Amazon.com

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Official Strategy Guide Paperback – October 25, 2004

by Rick Barba (Author)

See all 3 formats and editions

Paperback

172 Used from $1.28

10 New from $38.89

Note: This item is only available from third-party sellers (see all offers).

∴

I'd recommend buying one, I might buy one myself just for the nostalgia. I'd be curious about how much of the inaccuracies were rooted in the beta content, and how many errors were a result of poor playtesting.

lil weasel

Errors in Strategy guides are Placed there, not errors of editing.

They are used to sort out Plagiarism. Proof for the court that the item(s) were hi-jacked from the original publication.

It is common in most all publications, now. Even books and especially Maps have discrete errors for that purpose.

CoolMods

Errors in Strategy guides are Placed there, not errors of editing.

They are used to sort out Plagiarism. Proof for the court that the item(s) were hi-jacked from the original publication.

It is common in most all publications, now. Even books and especially Maps have discrete errors for that purpose.

Uhm, what do you mean? Brady seems to be the only one who get the very, very, very, very LATE beta, and he posted pictures. Also there are a lot of beta finds in the game's intro.

Emperix

QUOTE (Weirdo. @ Aug 21 2010, 02:06) QUOTE (UNRATED69 @ Aug 19 2010, 10:58) Those are the street race maps.

Actually, those are the beta race maps. I found these maps a while ago, and took note that some of these are completely removed from the final pressing of San Andreas, while some are in the final, albeit with slightly different routes (one or two different roads taken, etc., etc.).

whether its race map or not, the beta san andreas was much more realer and better than the final. beta had a lot of features too. I'm looking for the beta everywhere but still can't find any. someone should really make a mod or give us a link where we can download the beta

http://www.gtainside.com/en/sanandreas/mods-124/116224-san-andreas-beta-edition-v6/

Emperix

I solved that loooong ago, that head.txd is BETA Big Bears head texture, which can be seen in this pic:

200px-Big_Bear_BETA.png

I also made a model of it long ago, but i lost it sad.gif

I took a pic of it tho (beta big bear i made) this is it:

entrys.png

@Th3MaN1: You can find them by the files in the PS2 disc of SA, either that or VCS one tounge.gif

@lil weasel: Yeah, i see you fixed it, although the "Andreas" is still "Amdreas" smile.gif

Big Bear in beta looked like beta fam1 and thats beta Ryder