2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SANAN7

BETA San Andreas FINDS

SANAN7

I heard that there are some rifa tags still left in San Fierro from the beta version of the game. Can anyone confirm this? If so where are their locations? Thanks smile.gif

Vercetti27

I don't think so. probably just a rumour

Flesh-n-Bone

There are leftover files for the Rifa tag but it was not used in the game itself for some reason. IIRC, the text includes "San Fiero Rifa" (with Fiero not double R) in turquoise color.

KarmannGhia

I saw these maps in the San Andreas files:

Click

UNRATED69

Those are the street race maps.

IvoryX

yes it is but it's BETA anyway, look closer at first pic for example... Nice Find icon14.gif

Weirdo.

Actually, those are the beta race maps. I found these maps a while ago, and took note that some of these are completely removed from the final pressing of San Andreas, while some are in the final, albeit with slightly different routes (one or two different roads taken, etc., etc.).

Joints

Actually, those are the beta race maps. I found these maps a while ago, and took note that some of these are completely removed from the final pressing of San Andreas, while some are in the final, albeit with slightly different routes (one or two different roads taken, etc., etc.).

whether its race map or not, the beta san andreas was much more realer and better than the final. beta had a lot of features too. I'm looking for the beta everywhere but still can't find any. someone should really make a mod or give us a link where we can download the beta

Weirdo.

whether its race map or not, the beta san andreas was much more realer and better than the final. beta had a lot of features too. I'm looking for the beta everywhere but still can't find any. someone should really make a mod or give us a link where we can download the beta

It's obviously not that easy.

1.) It's real hard to find the beta online when nobody uploaded it in the first place.

2.) You would need a hacked PS2 to play a burned image of the beta, since it wouldn't be instantly playable on the PC like you probably expected.

And the beta was (again, obviously...) not as good as the final. There were probably tons of bugs on top of other issues (like the game not having all the missions coded yet), making it virtually impossible to complete (unless there's an 'Under Construction' screen like in the Super Smash Bros. Melee beta, so I guess that would mean you could 'complete' it in some realm of existence). Your knowledge in game development is lacking heavily. But here's a beta mod, anyways:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1058605700

lil weasel

Weirdo. what have you got against being able to read your postings. see what I mean. Sorry for interupting this topic.

Weirdo.

Weirdo.  what have you got against being able to read your postings. see what I mean. Sorry for interupting this topic.

Do you use a flat screen TV as a monitor by any chance? Because my regular HP monitor went out and I can't see purple clearly on my TV because the refresh rate only goes up to 30 (I can only assume that a small minority uses TVs on computers). Or is there something else that I'm not aware of?

Edited by Weirdo.

Joints

It's obviously not that easy.

1.) It's real hard to find the beta online when nobody uploaded it in the first place.

2.) You would need a hacked PS2 to play a burned image of the beta, since it wouldn't be instantly playable on the PC like you probably expected.

And the beta was (again, obviously...) not as good as the final. There were probably tons of bugs on top of other issues (like the game not having all the missions coded yet), making it virtually impossible to complete (unless there's an 'Under Construction' screen like in the Super Smash Bros. Melee beta, so I guess that would mean you could 'complete' it in some realm of existence). Your knowledge in game development is lacking heavily. But here's a beta mod, anyways:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1058605700

i know beta might have had a lot of bugs but beta had more features too and you have to admit that.

and thanks a lot for the link. i am going to try and see how it is.

Mr. Kingpin

can anybody tell me some of the differences in final and beta carl johnsons?

Mr. Kingpin

lil weasel, I was not talking about any mod. why is it okay for others to make a topic about who is older (CJ or Ryder) and not okay for me to just make a topic that simply asks the difference between before and after?

lil weasel

Since nothing has been said about your topic, I would assume you feel it is unworthy.

I merely searched and found a topic (one of a page full of them) with lots of pictures some showing the Beta version of CJ so that you could compare the illlustrations. I don't believe anyone could easily describe the differences between the two.

Also, I don't approve of the topic of age, as it and other simular topics are just plain silly, but it's for the moderators to decide on its need for discussion.

Although the topic is in the modding section it does show beta CJ.

If you need to feel defensive about your topic that is a clue that you don't think it is a good one.

I think there should be a seperate sub-forum for 'What If?' and 'Do You think/believe' type topics.

Another forum I belong to is al but dead because it doesn't allow those as topics.

'Nuff said, back to playing! icon14.gif

Edited by lil weasel

Mr. Kingpin
Since nothing has been said about your topic, I would assume you feel it is unworthy.

I merely searched and found a topic (one of a page full of them) with lots of pictures some showing the Beta version of CJ so that you could compare the illlustrations. I don't believe anyone could easily describe the differences between the two.

Also, I don't approve of the topic of age, as it and other simular topics are just plain silly, but it's for the moderators to decide on its need for discussion.

Although the topic is in the modding section it does show beta CJ.

If you need to feel defensive about your topic that is a clue that you don't think it is a good one.

I think there should be a seperate sub-forum for 'What If?' and 'Do You think/believe' type topics.

Another forum I belong to is al but dead because it doesn't allow those as topics.

'Nuff said, back to playing! icon14.gif

What are you trying to say? My topic is a pointless silly unworthy topic and don't belong in this forum?

do whatever you want with this topic. I saw a few changes on CJ from the beta but I was trying to find some more changes.

but...whatever man. You are the boss, I don't mean sh*t around here do I?

Girish

Enough. Let's stop this argument right here.

@Mr. Kingpin: I believe lil weasel intended you to check out the differences for yourself by directing you to that mod topic. Pictorial representation would be much more easier to compare than words.

lil weasel

Well said. that's it.

girishb, Thank you,

Edited by lil weasel

Mr. Kingpin
Enough. Let's stop this argument right here.

@Mr. Kingpin: I believe lil weasel intended you to check out the differences for yourself by directing you to that mod topic. Pictorial representation would be much more easier to compare than words.

Yo Apologizing for that. I didn't get what he said so I kept it going on. but I agree, it has to stop.

Weirdo.
To answer your question, prototype CJ had scars, a pronounced jaw, and appeared much older. This older look was probably scrapped after R* found out that 50 Cent refused to do the voice for Carl Johnson (I can only assume this, since 50 Cent's voice is more mature and deeper than Young Maylay's). This texture was left over in the game files, so excuse me for not showing what it actually looks like.

Mr. Kingpin
To answer your question, prototype CJ had scars, a pronounced jaw, and appeared much older. This older look was probably scrapped after R* found out that 50 Cent refused to do the voice for Carl Johnson (I can only assume this, since 50 Cent's voice is more mature and deeper than Young Maylay's). This texture was left over in the game files, so excuse me for not showing what it actually looks like.

That's the kind of answer I was looking for. But I thought the prototype CJ was younger than the final CJ. and it's good 50 Cent didn't voice, I hate 50 cent. His voice sounds sh!t.

Weirdo.

But I thought the prototype CJ was younger than the final CJ.

Nope, it was the other way around.

lil weasel

Voice: CJ was voiced by Chris Bellard, known as Young Maylay.

Rumors circulated the internet for a while that either Dave Chappelle or 50 Cent were supposed to voice CJ, but these were most likely just wishful thoughts on the part of their fans.

WIKI

Weirdo.
Rumors circulated the internet for a while that either Dave Chappelle or 50 Cent were supposed to voice CJ, but these were most likely just wishful thoughts on the part of their fans.

WIKI

I read on an article about 50 Cent's Bulletproof that the game was a response to R* asking 50 Cent to voice CJ, to which 50 Cent claimed that he only voices himself in video games. I'm not saying that either Wiki is entirely accurate, though.

Mr. Kingpin

WIKI

I read on an article about 50 Cent's Bulletproof that the game was a response to R* asking 50 Cent to voice CJ, to which 50 Cent claimed that he only voices himself in video games. I'm not saying that either Wiki is entirely accurate, though.

Haha 50 cent thinks he is the sh!t. If I was making a game like R*, I wouldn't bother asking 50. Young MayLay is good enough.

And it's good to know the real truth about Beta CJ and Final CJ's age difference.

Lil Weasel, this is the kind of answer I want you know what I mean? finally someone talks about the real business.

cidamelo

lil weasel your hobby is to use the search? lol.giflol.gif Everytime I see you use the search, I don't like to use the search very much, it is slow monocle.gif

QwertyAAA

The search engine is down right now.

cidamelo

Really? Poor lilweasel wow.gif