Run Oblivion w/o Vertex shader

Tashan

cyri has given thumbs up except in the area "Vertex shader" to run Elder Scrolls oblivion.

Basically my pc is crap for running high-end games but good enough for less graphic intensive. I don't have ES Oblivion for PS3 and want to buy it for PC before purchasing The next chapter in the Elder Scrolls - The Skyrim for PS3!!..

PC specs - 1GB RAM, onboard intel graphics, 128 MB Video RAM and 500GB HDD with pixel shader 2.0 except Vertex shader!!!1

Will it run on PC without vertex shader?

Can't opt a PS3 copy since saving over other titles realeasing this year.

thanks!!

No. You didn't really specify what processor you have nor what OS you're running, but Oblivion is an old game, and you just barely meet the minimum requirements, even if you had a better graphics card with Vertex Shader.

Either you get a new graphics card (not recommended), a new PC entirely, or a console.

This should probably be in Tech & PC Chat.

No. You didn't really specify what processor you have nor what OS you're running, but Oblivion is an old game, and you just barely meet the minimum requirements, even if you had a better graphics card with Vertex Shader.

Either you get a new graphics card (not recommended), a new PC entirely, or a console.

This should probably be in Tech & PC Chat.

Well as i said, I meet recommended specs as per cyri.

My doubt is only whether Onboard intel w/o vertex shader do enough to atleast run oblivion smoothly (of course with the quality low in rendering) despite having all requirements perfectly 100% fine??

Also, when I post related to games requirements, mods direct it to the games thread from Tech and PC. Now, it is the other way round. LOL

Also, when I post related to games requirements, mods direct it to the games thread from Tech and PC. Now, it is the other way round. LOL

This is a technical enquiry. You're asking if you can run a game with a graphics card that doesn't have vertex shader technology. It's a no-brainer, really.

As I've already pointed out, you cannot, to my knowledge, run games that use vertex shaders, if your graphics card does not support these. It's not a minor software inconvenience, it's simply needed hardware that isn't present.

G The Generous

No. Your video card need to be pixel shader 2.0 or above

trust me, CYRI is not always right.

In the future, if you have a PC related problem, ask in the PC topic.

Have a nice day.

38773_s.gif