The Great Gatsby...

adam_fozz

Hi all,

Has anybody else been on the Rockstar games website recently and seen this new game in the News section?

http://greatgatsbygame.com/

Is it me or is this exactly the type of thing that might be available in game as an arcade machine?

Could be some kind of teaser!

Let me know your thoughts.

Adam_Fozz

I don't think so. The game has been out for months before R* found it. I guess they stuck it in the Newswire because it kind of ties in with the influences of L.A. Noire. It's a fun game though!

GREaT FIND MAn

Oh influences of L.A. Noire huh?? any way i am gona play it

Edited by milkmansun

You should be careful. This looks DANGEROUSLY close to something that should be in the wishlist thread. If the mod nazis take you in the night - we never spoke.

I don't think so. The game has been out for months before R* found it. I guess they stuck it in the Newswire because it kind of ties in with the influences of L.A. Noire. It's a fun game though!

Its nothing to do with LA Noire. They only posted it on the 22nd of this month so there wouldnt be any reason to post it for LA Noire. Does anybody know the story / setting etc?

Adam_Fozz

I don't think so.  The game has been out for months before R* found it.  I guess they stuck it in the Newswire because it kind of ties in with the influences of L.A. Noire.  It's a fun game though!

Its nothing to do with LA Noire. They only posted it on the 22nd of this month so there wouldnt be any reason to post it for LA Noire. Does anybody know the story / setting etc?

Adam_Fozz

may be this could help you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Gatsby

...For the record, hope they avoid Tetris like video Coin Ops in the next GTA game, since I never was a fan of that one, You had to play it for an achievement ! ARGH !haha

It's a good place to watch for new clues, no doubt

tranceking26
You should be careful. This looks DANGEROUSLY close to something that should be in the wishlist thread. If the mod nazis take you in the night - we never spoke.

lol turn.gif

this game is quite good, kind reminds me of super mario 1985 too lol

cookie.gif

I don't think so.  The game has been out for months before R* found it.  I guess they stuck it in the Newswire because it kind of ties in with the influences of L.A. Noire.  It's a fun game though!

Adam_Fozz

Thanks, Just read this wiki entry. I can see where you are coming from with regards to LA noire connections. It just seems strange to me that they link to the website now. Also, theres something fishy about the actual site. It looks like the type of site you see in IV. The game is definitely like you get in IV and further to this i dont buy the back story about it being a NES game found in a garage sale.

I think this could be...something???

Adam_Fozz

Adam_Fozz

Thanks, Just read this wiki entry. I can see where you are coming from with regards to LA noire connections. It just seems strange to me that they link to the website now. Also, theres something fishy about the actual site. It looks like the type of site you see in IV. The game is definitely like you get in IV and further to this i dont buy the back story about it being a NES game found in a garage sale.

Adam_Fozz

Hey, you might be right, but I was only pointing out that this game was linked to by a lot of other sites earlier in the year. And you're definitely right that it's not an old NES game; there were a couple of games with pretend back-stories and unusual source material. The Great Gatsby is one, George Plimpton's Video Falconry is another.

Adam_Fozz

Adam_Fozz

Hey, you might be right, but I was only pointing out that this game was linked to by a lot of other sites earlier in the year. And you're definitely right that it's not an old NES game; there were a couple of games with pretend back-stories and unusual source material. The Great Gatsby is one, George Plimpton's Video Falconry is another.

No worries, You could also be right! Either way I think its a pretty cool idea. Come up with a game and give it a weird back story. Looking at the site in more detail I noticed that one of the guys who made the game is a successful viral video creator so it could be that he came up with this as a pr stunt.

So, not sure why Rockstar stuck it up there. Maybe they just though it was cool!

If anyone else has any ideas about this, bring it on.

Adam_Fozz

Moved to gaming chat, as it doesn't have anything to do with GTA V.

How come this got moved? Who the hell is this Mati and why has he got the authority to move my post when he only just joined? We are yet to decide if this could be something to do with GTA IV or not.

mad.gif

How come this got moved? Who the hell is this Mati and why has he got the authority to move my post when he only just joined? We are yet to decide if this could be something to do with GTA IV or not.

mad.gif

Mati is a led by of the GTA V forum and therefore has the power to lock and move topics in that section. I think you'll find Mati joined last year.

He's (mati) good too, just check his RESPECT list! haha Anyway, the power structure is strange around here, no accounting for it.... or taste for that matter.

Look at it this way, Topics are created left and right, not everyone can create new topics and have them exist on any one forum, there'd be simply too much glut, and more to Moderate and keep tabs on, you have to think of it realistically speaking, there are good reasons for what the task involves, few reasons are without merit of some kind ^

...Think that "GTA IV" is a typo!? haha

If you find that this is somehow GTA related, this can be moved back in no time.

I moved this because not every single article needs to be a hint for GTA.

@Slamman: How is my respect list funny? tounge.gif

@Mati, not funny, I just noticed you included me, so Kudos to you as well! I made my respect list out ages ago, some old-timers there for sure!

Mods, I know this is OT, but again, No PM when it COULD be deemed useful

Edited by Slamman

I remember reading an article a while ago about this game, I love how he really went all out making it look like a legit NES game.

And the subject matter is hilariously awesome.

38773_s.gif