Windows 7 64-bit

PH5221

Hey, I have read around and was wondering if GTA 4 will work on Windows 7 64bit. Many people have said not to bother. Can anybody provide me with any insight? Ty

Yes it works perfectly fine.

Is that a definate as I don't want to buy the game only to find out that it doesnt work, thanks. Also should I buy the Steam version or the disc version, the disc is cheaper but I was also wondering, is there any difference.

It's just because I have heard on alot of forums that it isn't compatible and is very hard to setup especially for a n00b like me confused.gifconfused.gif

OverTheBelow

Is that a definate as I don't want to buy the game only to find out that it doesnt work, thanks. Also should I buy the Steam version or the disc version, the disc is cheaper but I was also wondering, is there any difference.

Retail would be better for modding since it doesn't get auto-patched.

It works perfectly fine on Windows 7 64bit.

DU8afL0.jpg

Ok Thanks biggrin.gif I was hoping it would work. So out of curiosity, what are these problems with x64 Windows 7 I've been hearing about. Something about compatability settings?.. Ty ;D

Ok Thanks biggrin.gif I was hoping it would work. So out of curiosity, what are these problems with x64 Windows 7 I've been hearing about. Something about compatability settings?.. Ty ;D

I think it's something to do with 7 not being out when created? Please tell me biggrin.gif?

OverTheBelow

The problem is rarely Windows 7. It's usually the useless, bloated programs and other sh*t that people install onto it combined with non-existant user maintenance (every OS needs maintenance now and then.. defrag etc) that makes people point the finger at the OS when in fact, it's their fault for badly maintaining it.

DU8afL0.jpg

The problem is rarely Windows 7. It's usually the useless, bloated programs and other sh*t that people install onto it combined with non-existant user maintenance (every OS needs maintenance now and then.. defrag etc) that makes people point the finger at the OS when in fact, it's their fault for badly maintaining it.

Ah that's good because I have a new laptop with a fresh OS. Great! Buying off Amazon now... TY! biggrin.gif

YankeesPwnMets

A new laptop with fresh OS? Yeah right... OEMs always preinstall that bloatware for you. I always just use the Windows 7 disk to do a complete reformat and use the product key on the computer

Also, you never actually listed your specs... what are they?

A new laptop with fresh OS? Yeah right... OEMs always preinstall that bloatware for you. I always just use the Windows 7 disk to do a complete reformat and use the product key on the computer

Windows 7 64bit

Intel Core i5-2410 @ 2.3ghz - 2.9ghz with TB

Nvidia Geforce GT 540m

6GB RAM

2GB DVRAM

750 HDD

OverTheBelow

Windows 7 64bit

Nvidia Geforce GT 540m

6GB RAM

2GB DVRAM

750 HDD

If it's an Acer Aspire, rest assured it will have loads of sh*t pre-installed.

DU8afL0.jpg

Windows 7 64bit

Nvidia Geforce GT 540m

6GB RAM

2GB DVRAM

750 HDD

If it's an Acer Aspire, rest assured it will have loads of sh*t pre-installed.

Yes it is. So what can I get rid of to ensure that when I buy it, it will install properly (at all) on my OS? ty

OverTheBelow

Just go through the program list and uninstall anything you don't need and stuff with "free trial" etc.

DU8afL0.jpg

Just go through the program list and uninstall anything you don't need and stuff with "free trial" etc.

Ok thanks ppl for the info ;D Appreaciated. Hopefully when it gets here on wednesday all will be well. Also for future reference, will I be able to use Icenhancer with my specs or is that to taxing on my comp.? Ty

OverTheBelow

Ok thanks ppl for the info ;D Appreaciated. Hopefully when it gets here on wednesday all will be well. Also for future reference, will I be able to use Icenhancer with my specs or is that to taxing on my comp.? Ty

Because the Acer Aspire implements Nvidia Optimus, you will not be able to use any sort of ENB mod (including iCEnhancer) in conjunction with your GT 540m because it defaults to the extremely weak integrated Intel graphics. It's a bug with the driver software and there is no way around it, and it will probably never be fixed. sad.gif

Even if you did get it to run on the GT 540m, it wouldn't be very smooth at all with iCEnhancer.

DU8afL0.jpg

YankeesPwnMets

You can't run any graphic mods on that machine. It would be way too demanding.

Dam sad.gif Oh well, I guess I'll still be able to play the game OK. I can play Mafia 2 on high with no lag at about 60degrees so that's good. Thanks

OverTheBelow

Dam sad.gif Oh well, I guess I'll still be able to play the game OK. I can play Mafia 2 on high with no lag at about 60degrees so that's good. Thanks

Thought you didn't have the laptop yet? Mafia 2 does not run that great on high settings (especially with physx) and gets as hot as 85C on my near identical Aspire laptop of the same spec.

DU8afL0.jpg

Will I still be able to play mods such as Mega car pack and realistic gun sounds?

Thought you didn't have the laptop yet? Mafia 2 does not run that great on high settings (especially with physx) and gets as hot as 85C on my near identical Aspire laptop of the same spec.

Got the laptop this morning, I had it on a hard surface in a fairly cool room and it peaked at 70 degrees. For the most part it stayed around 60. biggrin.gif

YankeesPwnMets

Sounds yeah, but with the cars, you need a lot of resources to be able to use Real Traffic mods, since after you mod cars, the taxi glitch starts up to prevent you from overusing system resources

Sounds yeah, but with the cars, you need a lot of resources to be able to use Real Traffic mods, since after you mod cars, the taxi glitch starts up to prevent you from overusing system resources

sad.gif I was hoping to be able to download Real Cars Mod. Also, what is the taxi glitch?

Would I be able to run something like"Police Pursuit Mod Beta 7.6 "?

YankeesPwnMets
Also, what is the taxi glitch?

When you modify too many cars, the game would only spawn taxis in traffic.

Also, PPM doesn't usually impact performance. However, with any mod installed, you should be expecting some random crashing and freezing unless they are insanely well developed

i would like nothing but taxis, their doors are always open, plus punching the car makes them get out

Bundy_Drop_Bear

Works fine for me here my bench test.

Statistics

Average FPS: 51.48

Duration: 37.22 sec

CPU Usage: 75%

System memory usage: 60%

Video memory usage: 53%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: High

Texture Filter Quality: Highest

View Distance: 32

Detail Distance: 70

Hardware

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Video Driver version: 275.33

Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q9505 @ 2.83GHz

Edited by Bundy_Drop_Bear