What do you think the Xbox 720 will be like?

NeedForSpeedXP

NeedForSpeedXP

Hi everyone,

I have made this topic about what you think the Xbox 720 will be like.

Just post here about "What you think the Xbox 720 will be like, and what games wil be on it."

Sorry if this topic already exsts, my search doesn't work. blush.gif

[EDIT] I think the Xbox 720 wibb be a glass Xbox. Since there is all the fan pictures of the Xbox 720 being a glass edition, I believe in that.

Please visit my better GTA Forum!

Just click on "better GTA Forum!" and it will take you there.

Like GTA 5, I think it's too early to guess at what it will be like, but one things for sure... they will DITCH DVD ROMS! hahaha

NeedForSpeedXP
Like GTA 5, I think it's too early to guess at what it will be like, but one things for sure... they will DITCH DVD ROMS! hahaha

I have to go off topic just now, I made a topic about anyone giving away a POS Printer, and someone suggested asking you.

So, do you know of anyone that has a POS Printer or you?

You can't even stay on topic in your own topic?

Take it to PMs or I'm shutting this heap.

38773_s.gif

The "glass" or Plexi look is just a design speculation IIRC, The images I saw were not actual MS leaks, at least not to my knowledge

NeedForSpeedXP

Slamman's PM permissions were removed, so I have no way of contacting him.

Christ, then give him your e-mail or something. (not suggested)

But keep the crap out of here.

38773_s.gif

NeedForSpeedXP

Christ, then give him your e-mail or something. (not suggested)

But keep the crap out of here.

Ok. I will. Now everyone back onto topic.

That's OT, but I'm open to any and all discussions, can't do it on the board since they got pissed at me personally. However, PSN I'm trying to resolve since I'd gotten my PS3 in the earliest days of the new consoles, then sold it or pawned it for needed cash

OverTheBelow

What do I think the xbox 720 will be like?

I think it will be like a standard gaming PC, only in a shiney small case. wow.gif

well, thats what the xbox 360 was anyway.

DU8afL0.jpg

King Mystery

I think the Xbox 720 will look like a spaceship, like so:

user posted image

Edited by King Mystery

Having taken both the 360 and the PS3 apart, I prefer Microsoft change their assembly to that of the more traditional Playstation, with one screw securing a panel over all other screws, then everything comes out, because TAMPER PROOF or not, you have to clean the internals later or sooner! You have to, it's just the proper ownership tactic, can't expect no dust, ever.

I think it will be like a standard gaming PC, only in a shiney small case. wow.gif

well, thats what the xbox 360 was anyway.

7 years ago it was a standard gaming PC; and it went out of the standard range about 5 years ago.

Pretty bizarre when you realize you've been gaming on 7 year hardware

Well let's see. Besides the basic statements like "herp derp consoles are old PC technology", I'd say the future Xbox model will have some new, old and evolved features we'll either like or hate. I'm guessing motion gaming will probably be a key feature of the console. Kinect has more than likely delayed the release (or the need of) a new system, basically acting as a relaunch (not sure how to describe it). Personally I don't like motion gaming and I really hope that the conventional controller is kept. There will probably an equal number of motion-based games and controller-based games; this is assuming they don't decide to copy some other gimmick in their new system.

Some other things I can think of. Perhaps it will support keyboard/mouse hardware natively without having to buy expensive adapters. I have a feeling Xbox Live will evolve into a more complex entertainment medium; movies, music, apps, motion interface, "insert gimmick" interface, etc. That is unless they do decide to include a real web browser this time around. Maybe the platform for delivering games and content will be more open to developers this time around, and we'll actually get some content for "insert future Team Fortress title" or another game/series which, for whatever reason, was not released to its true potential on the Xbox 360. More games will probably adopt the annoying "online pass" system, along with other annoying new forms of security measures.

I don't know much about the hardware, but I'm hoping better graphics, more RAM, a new disc format with more storage, and maybe larger hard drive sizes that don't cost a "insert currency here" per GB (PS3 wins here).

As for the physical appearance; you can see a more "convenient" and "attractive" design to the Xbox 360 versus the original Xbox, and again in the Xbox 360 redesign. It will probably be smaller and able to be used horizontally or vertically, but the vertical format seems to be all the rage lately. I'm assuming conventional memory cards will be obsolete at this point. It will probably also have the (IMO ugly) smudge-able exterior, along with other fancy gimmicks like touch-sensitive buttons or one of those trays that sucks the disc in.

Edited by mincemate003

Perhaps it will support keyboard/mouse hardware natively without having to buy expensive adapters. I have a feeling Xbox Live will evolve into a more complex entertainment medium; movies, music, apps, motion interface, "insert gimmick" interface, etc.

Sooo.....it'll basically be a PC, albeit not as powerful/with the ability to upgrade?

For the record; I don't give a sh*t about non-gaming features on gaming consoles

My guess is the next one will be more like a dedicated gaming PC with apps and Internet Explorer to reach to a broader crowd. Maybe a "Windows X" or some other similar OS.

Who knows.

user posted image

Hopefully it'll offer free online play. Come on.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft charge more for the online for the next console.

s0h607k.jpg

NeedForSpeedXP
Hopefully it'll offer free online play. Come on.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft charge more for the online for the next console.

They will charge more.

Proberly about £25.99 for 3 months, and £89.99 for 12 month.

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! suicidal.gif