How to make crosshair texture to be antialiased ?

MW_29

I would like to make my crosshair texture to be antialiased, i mean i know there is such an opcode to antialias drawn textures:

03E3: set_texture_to_be_drawn_antialiased 1

...but the ones coded in example CLEO script by opcode (ocf previously loaded by 038F):

038D: draw_texture 17 position $TEMPVAR_FLOAT_1 $TEMPVAR_FLOAT_2 size 20@ 19@ RGBA 128 128 128 255

...and i would like to affect already present (not extrenally scripted!) in-game crosshair texture, because i swapped default one with better quality and higher resolution one, and it just looks a bit sharp.

I have seen in one topic that crosshair texture can be moved, i think those pictures were posted by Spaceeinstein, ...so my question is if crosshair texture can be moved, then can it be also set to be drawn antialiased just like by using opcode 03E3 ? ...maybe some memory hack?

I'll be glad of any constructive reply for my problem, greetings wink.gif

try to resize the new texture to the old texture size using photoshop, it has an internal antialiasing feature so it will make it smoother...

try to resize the new texture to the old texture size using photoshop, it has an internal antialiasing feature so it will make it smoother...

You didn't seem to get what i mean, i want script way to enable built-in-game "antialias" smoothering effect just like provided by previously mentioned opcode, and i know that if there is an opcode for it there must be a way to script this via some memoryhack, ...but thanks for an idea icon14.gif

If only I'll find a crosshair rendering function in VC disassembly, I might take a look.

If only I'll find a crosshair rendering function in VC disassembly, I might take a look.

Thanks in advance Silent wink.gif ...i'd post link to someones post with pictures according to crosshair texture moving and 'antialiasing' that was in topic "Documenting GTA3/VC memory adresses", but it is so huge topic and i can not find it right now ;/ but i am damn pretty sure that i have seen such a thing before, and it was on 90% in that mentioned topic smile.gif

Edit.: Here it is ! AA opcode post

Edited by MW_29

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.