Need help building a PC

CW_Wonder

Hi. I know this forum is full of people more familiar with building PCs and choosing parts than I am, so I've decided to ask for help building one.

So I have about 900 euros to spend (I can squeeze in 30 more but I really don't want to spend everything I have) and require a PC capable of playing modern games without having to turn down everything.

A couple of things you should know about: I'd like a setup that is relatively energy-efficient (I guess that rules out nVidia GPUs pretty completely :p) but without sacrificing too much computing power in the name of low power consumption. If you can find a motherboard that fits with the rest of the configuration and has an RJ-45 input (for Internet) then great, but it's not completely necessary (the reason for this is simple: my house has broken Ethernet wiring and I can't get Internet to my room through the Cat 5 wall plugs) as I can do some wiring tricks and manage the setup without an RJ-45 input.

I only need the computer itself, no keyboard, display, mouse or speakers (do tell me if you know a place that sells them cheap though). I don't need a optical disc drive, I have my external one. HDD space isn't an issue either because I can use my external 2 TB drive, so speed is more important than space. I do need a case though, I'd probably screw up on it if I were to choose one myself.

I think that's all.

Oh, and since I'm from Finland, I need a store that will ship here. An even better choice would be a Finnish store, but I worry they might be a bit expensive. Can't confirm though, I haven't checked.

NeedForSpeedXP
Hi. I know this forum is full of people more familiar with building PCs and choosing parts than I am, so I've decided to ask for help building one.

So I have about 900 euros to spend (I can squeeze in 30 more but I really don't want to spend everything I have) and require a PC capable of playing modern games without having to turn down everything.

A couple of things you should know about: I'd like a setup that is relatively energy-efficient (I guess that rules out nVidia GPUs pretty completely tounge.gif) but without sacrificing too much computing power in the name of low power consumption. If you can find a motherboard that fits with the rest of the configuration and has an RJ-45 input (for Internet) then great, but it's not completely necessary (the reason for this is simple: my house has broken Ethernet wiring and I can't get Internet to my room through the Cat 5 wall plugs) as I can do some wiring tricks and manage the setup without an RJ-45 input.

I only need the computer itself, no keyboard, display, mouse or speakers (do tell me if you know a place that sells them cheap though). I don't need a optical disc drive, I have my external one. HDD space isn't an issue either because I can use my external 2 TB drive, so speed is more important than space. I do need a case though, I'd probably screw up on it if I were to choose one myself.

I think that's all.

Oh, and since I'm from Finland, I need a store that will ship here. An even better choice would be a Finnish store, but I worry they might be a bit expensive. Can't confirm though, I haven't checked.

Just one question,

o Is there a computer shop near you?

Try eBay.

Please visit my better GTA Forum!

Just click on "better GTA Forum!" and it will take you there.

eBay isn't really that good, and since CM_Wonder is from Finland, so i'll use TigerDirect.

Motherboard | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Intel Z68 Motherboard | $160

Processor | Intel Core i5 2500k Quad Core 3.30GHz Unlocked | $220

Graphics Card | Galaxy GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5 | $460

Memory | 2xCorsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 | $50

Solid State Drive | Cosair Force Series 3 SSD 120GB 2.5" SATA III 6Gbps | $195

Power Supply | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 800W Power Supply | $160

Case | NZXT M59 Gaming Mid Tower ATX mATX Baby AT Black | $50

Cooler | Corsair CAFA50 A50 Air Series Performance CPU Cooler | $25

Total | $1320 | €915

Notes |

*A little bit over budget, but really worth it.

*The cooler supports 1155, it's not written in the title but it's written in the specifications.

*The motherboard has 1xRJ-45 Port. icon14.gif

3lIXKDi.png

That case is like something from star wars but whatever floats your boat. Is a 800w needed for a build like this you could probably get away with a 700w unless you don't care about price haha wink.gif

tRSmCi4.gif

That case is like something from star wars but whatever floats your boat. Is a 800w needed for a build like this you could probably get away with a 700w unless you don't care about price haha wink.gif

I'd like the additional headroom, personally, though that may be of little importance if one is not considering going SLI or crossfire in the future. My rig only consumes something like 490W maximum, but my PSU produces 750 load/825 peak for this reason. Besides, that's great value for such a good PSU and it's not like the extra power is put to waste- they never produce more power than is required by the system anyway.

Untitled-1.jpg
AMD Ryzen 5900X (4.7GHz All-Core PBO2) | Gigabye X570S Pro | 32GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

EK-Quantum Reflection D5 | XSPC D5 PWM | TechN CPU Blocks | HardwareLabs GTS & GTX 360 Radiators
Corsair AX750 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL | ASUS RTX 4080 TUF @2970MHz | Sabrant Rocket Plus 1TB
Sabrant Rocket 2TB | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB | 2x ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Q Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4