Rockstar employee may be among us

M4RK

>implying they don't spy on their own work

>implying you can see the difference between a R* dev and a random person by post behavior

implying and green texting outside of 4chan is dumb and retarded.

I would not be surprised if one or two lurk around. This is a big forum, so I am sure the developers have heard of it. Do they take any suggestions on board? It is very unlikely.

I think anyone here could be one. They post normally, they walk like us, they talk like us. Possibly not, but it's fun to think like that eh? Undercover rockstar employees. There's a fun idea. Bottom line is, we don't know who might be an employee and who isn't an employee. Even if one of the users admitted it, we wouldn't believe him. It really is an interesting thought though.

Only if they were someone that's been here for a while and reasonably well known around these part of the forums. wink.gif

They probably don't even post in the GTA V section they probably post in the Old GTA games sections.But I'm pretty sure they came looked at all these topics but not reply to any of them.

They probably don't even post in the GTA V section they probably post in the Old GTA games sections.But I'm pretty sure they came looked at all these topics but not reply to any of them.

It's more likely that they don't even register. To be fair, they've very little reason to hang around here until they want to gauge first impressions of anything they announce. As they haven't announced anything yet, there's no reason for them to view this part of the forum at all.

As far as i am aware there is 3 people from rockstar who scroll these forums and someone from EA as well

I think anyone here could be one. They post normally, they walk like us, they talk like us. Possibly not, but it's fun to think like that eh? Undercover rockstar employees. There's a fun idea. Bottom line is, we don't know who might be an employee and who isn't an employee. Even if one of the users admitted it, we wouldn't believe him. It really is an interesting thought though.

Only if they were someone that's been here for a while and reasonably well known around these part of the forums. wink.gif

Yeah, I don't work for rockstar. I think I know less about the next GTA than you do frankly. But now that you put in that little wink, I now know that nothing I can say will stop people from looking at me as the next GTA prophet now, which is a shame, because I have got nothing. My inbox is going to fill up alot faster now.

Personally I'd say the most likely situation is that when Rockstar first decide to put their heads together for a new GTA, they organise a meeting and all the developers and creative team are told to come up with ideas. For that meeting there are probably one or two assistants or less important employees tasked with getting a feel for what fans thought of the latest GTA, and maybe getting feedback for the next game. Now how much importance they place on that information is hugely debatable, bearing in mind fans of great games dont themselves make great games. Presuming this line of thought is accurate, they then probably discuss over a number of days, maybe weeks and months, what is actually possible bearing in mind the state of the technology, the capability of the consoles and the financial state of the company, not to mention future projections and the state of the gaming market. From all this, if any fan feedback is actually taken on board, I have no doubt it is fairly minimal and the overall game is left up to the minds of the creative department.

Now, getting back to the point, ask yourself this: if you were asked to go through this forum and find ideas for the next GTA, how would you go about it? The forum is absolutely VAST, and there are new topics coming up all the time. To go through everything, even just printing out and skim reading, would take way too much valuable time. So, if there is a Rockstar employee coming onto the forum regularly, I think they're just doing it for themselves, whereas for only a brief amount of time in the creation of a GTA game they're maybe instructed to come here and gather information to aid the conceptualisation of the new project. And the likelihood is that the only thing they post, if anything, is the occasional poll. Or maybe they just look at the ones that are there already, that's the quickest way to see what a group of people want

It's a shame but the old saying is very much true, if you really want to get something done you have to do it yourself. Rockstar will make the game they want to make and we're just along for the ride with pretty much zero input on the process. But it's a damn good thing they're awesome and their games have all been top quality. Cant wait to see what GTA V is like, if they even call it that

Like someone else said, i doubt the most talented and creative game development individuals come to a forum to get ideas from a load of average people. Sorry but the truth hurts.

The only idea i ever took from here was using Vice City for GTA5.

.... lol.gif

Original Light
Like someone else said, i doubt the most talented and creative game development individuals come to a forum to get ideas from a load of average people. Sorry but the truth hurts.

.... lol.gif

You work for R*? wow.gif

Like someone else said, i doubt the most talented and creative game development individuals come to a forum to get ideas from a load of average people.  Sorry but the truth hurts.

.... lol.gif

You work for R*? wow.gif

i think he is joking, my friend. lol

AlexGTAGamer

I'd like to say yes but chances are as some other members have said the reality is probably a no. sad.gif

Long_Haired_Boy

Short and sweet.

Rockstar has eyes everywhere in this forum.

Watch the folks who been therefore ahwhile wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

YES! They could be anywhere, because someone came over to the other forum I took part in and they said they knew the score, to get hyped, to get excited...big things are coming, Biggest GTA eva!!! Well., D'oh, in a way, that's a given, isn't it?

I had a dream where an unmarked car came and kidnapped me. It happened to be a rockstar employee. They asked me would I work on gta v with them. I said yes. While I was working I asked a few questions about the release date and location, protag,etc. Then I went on this website and told all oof the information. It was a nice dream. biggrin.gif

If there's a R* employee among us, then i want you to know Rockstar that we DON'T want Max Payne 3 or Agent. We want next GTA.

G1T

grope_4_that_date

Rockstar's employees are not just game designers. Did you know they hire Civil Engineers too? Remember they're building cities.

For GTA4 they had to hire a few structural/survey engineers to make sure Liberty City followed New York's Street Regulations. For example, parking lots are required to have a certain number of spaces, whether it be a police station or strip club. They need to organize how the streets are set up, where traffic lights need to be placed, stop signs, yellow lines, roads, etc, etc.

Sadly, people don't notice these things.

Rockstar20124

I had a dream where an unmarked car came  and kidnapped me. It happened to be a rockstar employee. They asked me would I work on gta v with them. I said yes.  While I was working I asked a few questions about the release date and location, protag,etc. Then I went on this website and told all oof the information. It was a nice dream. biggrin.gif

Sometimes dreams are memories from the future ph34r.gif What EXACTLY did you see? And if it wasn't clear can you decrypt your dream? cool.gif

More then not, they were hiring architects I heard, to design said CITYSCAPE, not plot out realistic parking space numbers, that's just SAD! hahaha

Doubt that, but maybe the newer GTA forums? hahaha

Anyway, one was claimed for sure, but now dormant. That was for the PC version assistance, with GTA IV

If any R* employee reading this forum and topics please say so that we can finally now about GTA V as it is killing us to know of GTA V and the long tiring wait is getting more frustrated by the day so please tell us alot of more hints towards GTA V.

PublicAnenome

Of course there are R* employees here.

This entire forum is based around their primary product. Market research is very expensive, but on this forum they get it for free.

To fail to have someone read and summarise every topic on this forum would be a PR and Marketing failure of completely epic proportions. Rest assured, they are laughing at us, but they are not allowed to interfere. They will however be cataloguing our opinions and desires, because here at this forum they can find the most dedicated, obsessive, and vocal fans.

I love how moronic some of you guys are, it's like you sit and wait desperately hoping for the chance to crush someone's dreams by stringing together a misinformed, unfounded, and poorly spelt tirade of abuse and/or negativity. Every topic is the same. Biggest bunch of assholes on the internet. I only mention it because it's just so amazing to me. All those theories about 13 old boys in their mothers' basements suffering from low esteem and penis envy... are true! I'm ashamed of this 'community', you are proof of those generalisations. It's a shame that Rockstar read these forums, but they do read them. (not directed at OP btw, but any of you who have debunked his claim on the basis of ...err... your arrogance)

This entire forum is based around their primary product.  Market research is very expensive, but on this forum they get it for free.

To fail to have someone read and summarise every topic on this forum would be a PR and Marketing failure of completely epic proportions.  Rest assured, they are laughing at us, but they are not allowed to interfere.  They will however be cataloguing our opinions and desires, because here at this forum they can find the most dedicated, obsessive, and vocal fans.

I love how moronic some of you guys are, it's like you sit and wait desperately hoping for the chance to crush someone's dreams by stringing together a misinformed, unfounded, and poorly spelt tirade of abuse and/or negativity.  Every topic is the same.  Biggest bunch of assholes on the internet.  I only mention it because it's just so amazing to me.  All those theories about 13 old boys in their mothers' basements suffering from low esteem and penis envy... are true!  I'm ashamed of this 'community', you are proof of those generalisations.  It's a shame that Rockstar read these forums, but they do read them.  (not directed at OP btw, but any of you who have debunked his claim on the basis of ...err... your arrogance)

I am for not one stupid kid or someone that spend their most of their life in a basement trying to escape the real world on the contrary. Also i live a normal life and not in a basement, and all i'm trying say that R* needs to at least give us more hints towards GTA V, because we have been waiting nearly 4 years and still nothing which is frustrating and any longer of a 2013 release wouldn't make me any happier just the opposite. mad.gif

This entire forum is based around their primary product. Market research is very expensive, but on this forum they get it for free.

To fail to have someone read and summarise every topic on this forum would be a PR and Marketing failure of completely epic proportions. Rest assured, they are laughing at us, but they are not allowed to interfere. They will however be cataloguing our opinions and desires, because here at this forum they can find the most dedicated, obsessive, and vocal fans.

I love how moronic some of you guys are, it's like you sit and wait desperately hoping for the chance to crush someone's dreams by stringing together a misinformed, unfounded, and poorly spelt tirade of abuse and/or negativity. Every topic is the same. Biggest bunch of assholes on the internet. I only mention it because it's just so amazing to me. All those theories about 13 old boys in their mothers' basements suffering from low esteem and penis envy... are true! I'm ashamed of this 'community', you are proof of those generalisations. It's a shame that Rockstar read these forums, but they do read them. (not directed at OP btw, but any of you who have debunked his claim on the basis of ...err... your arrogance)

Cool story bro icon14.gif

user posted image

Chances are that many have seen this place before. People involved in games probably look at the game forums and this seems to be one of the very biggest forums for GTA.

I doubt any active users here work for R*, but I'm would be shocked if none have even acknowledged the existence of this place at some point in the past.

They proably read most gta forums, laugh at all the moaning and go back to doing lines of coke off of strippers butt's.

Edited by JoeM

Original Light
Like someone else said, i doubt the most talented and creative game development individuals come to a forum to get ideas from a load of average people.  Sorry but the truth hurts.

.... lol.gif

You work for R*? wow.gif

i think he is joking, my friend. lol

He didn't trick me, or did he just reveal classified information about GTA V?