Rockstar employee may be among us

M4RK

Do you think that R* employees are members of this site and laugh at everyone's predictions because they know whats really going into the game? I have to think that there are at least a few...

thoughts?

There is one member of Rockstar Toronto here that used to give support on GTA IV PC but that's all. After the patch 7 release, he/she just disappeared, but it's believable there are more. Also I think there was already a topic about this somewhere.

• Like 1

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Well this is the biggest GTA forum on the internet! Infact, I might be wrong but we might even be the biggest Rockstar-Associated (If you get what I mean) Forum on the Internet! Were bound to have some Rockstar Members on this Forum.

Off-Topic: What I thought after reading the Title of the Topic.

*Reads Title*

*Gets Excited*

*Clicks*

*Dissapointment ensues*

*-__-'*

>implying they don't spy on their own work

>implying you can see the difference between a R* dev and a random person by post behavior

Original Light

*Reads Title*

*Gets Excited*

*Clicks*

*Dissapointment ensues*

*-__-'*

Ha, thats exactly what happens to me! My heart beats fast soon as I see something new.

People from Rockstar may read this forum, but there's no need for them to join in order to read it. There might been one or two people who started as fans and became employees, but they're probably to busy water-skiing or whatever programmers do on their days off (go into work?) to actually post.

*Reads Title*

*Gets Excited*

*Clicks*

*Dissapointment ensues*

*-__-'*

Ha, thats exactly what happens to me! My heart beats fast soon as I see something new.

sorry for the disappointment. lol looking at it now, i should have changed it to something else tounge2.gif

Original Light

*Reads Title*

*Gets Excited*

*Clicks*

*Dissapointment ensues*

*-__-'*

sorry for the disappointment. lol looking at it now, i should have changed it to something else tounge2.gif

Were all in need of some news!

*Reads Title*

*Gets Excited*

*Clicks*

*Dissapointment ensues*

*-__-'*

Were all in need of some news!

news huh?...hear about that earthquake in NY? lol

Sinister Assassin

Im sure they look hear once in a while for what we think. Pretty big forum and theres ppl from 2002 and earlier? On here

Highly doubt it. They've probably been here one time to see what it's about, checked it out, shook their head, then left and never came back.

If I was working on a game that had a fansite to it, I would pop in and check it out every now and then. Not sure about having an actual account and making posts, but just browsing as a guest. I mean, wouldn't any of you be curious to see the thoughts of people who haven't even gotten a glimpse of the game? I know I would.

If I was working on a game that had a fansite to it, I would pop in and check it out every now and then. Not sure about having an actual account and making posts, but just browsing as a guest. I mean, wouldn't any of you be curious to see the thoughts of people who haven't even gotten a glimpse of the game? I know I would.

Rockstar definitely does browse at least 4 other forums of game sites that I know of, for a fact.

I'm sure they use these forums as a way to get an idea what the community is looking for in the next game... And to laugh at some of the stupid predictions you guys make. Lol.

OysterBarron

I have heard through my years here that people high up know the ip`s of the rockstar employees that visit the forum no names were mentioned. but they are here!

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Of course Rockstar would visit here, we are one of the biggest GTA fansites around and have on a couple of GTA Games been featured in the manual as sites that Rockstar like to visit. So I'd hazzard a big guess and say they do indeed visit here. Whether they wade through the V forum to pick up ideas remains to be seen.

Im pretty sure a few of the things we add to the wishlist or misc topics on this forum were probably considered by rockstar at one point or another.... well at least the ones that make sense...

No sh*t, of course Rockstar doesn't want to read opinions about their own game, that would be stupid and impossible.

/sarcasm

Edited by Toup

read the wish list for GTA 4 (if any) and compare it with the game and then take your conclusions ...

xgtamontariox

This could be possible, it has been confirmed that some of R*'s staff look at Grand Theft Wiki, a large database of Grand Theft Auto. If they look there, then there is a chance that they might once in a while look here.

BrightonEarly
This could be possible, it has been confirmed that some of R*'s staff look at Grand Theft Wiki, a large database of Grand Theft Auto. If they look there, then there is a chance that they might once in a while look here.

They actually update grand theft auto wiki themselves so you know.

There was a job positing on Rockstars website looking for some kind of position there. One of the positions duties was to keep wiki updated.

keeping in theme with this OP: do you think people who post before even taking a brief look at the content here, post here?

IF there is GTA staff among us, they might not be laughing at us, because they POSSIBLY already know what the next GTA is all about... BUT they might come by here to have a slight idea of what the fans are looking for in this next GTA... maybe?

Anyway, I don't believe there are GTA employees around the forum...

It's almost inevitable that there are Rockstar employees that visit and participate on the forums in a private capacity, but not so much for their work. They will be bound by non-disclosure agreements and will not discuss anything about the work they do or projects in which they are involved. Doing so would not only cost them their jobs at Rockstar, but would prevent them from getting work elsewhere in the games development industry. So there will be no leaks or hints or anything else.

They will not be coming here to trawl for ideas either. They are creative people paid to come up with their own ideas. What they will come here for is to gauge reaction to stuff that they've already done. But that's about it.

Long_Haired_Boy

Yeah their all over this forums like aliens all over the moon. <--- Take it how you will.

There a lot of Rockstar members on here that look at ideas people have and probably 1 or 2 have accounts to keep us off track.

I think anyone here could be one. They post normally, they walk like us, they talk like us. Possibly not, but it's fun to think like that eh? Undercover rockstar employees. There's a fun idea. Bottom line is, we don't know who might be an employee and who isn't an employee. Even if one of the users admitted it, we wouldn't believe him. It really is an interesting thought though.