East Coast Earthquake

Runey

Yeah, laugh at the people who don't get earthquakes!

(I know, I know they were actually laughing at peoples reactions)

The video on this page...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/23/n...kusaolp00000003

I couldn't stop laughing at the women who take each others hands and run out of the room. You can tell the Californians are the people that stay behind with a look on their face like, "Why is everyone running?"

Edited by darthYENIK

What should we Californians say about this?

Laugh?

I've been doing that non-stop since I heard of it.

There are still buildings in Washington that are closed. biggrin.gif

Hey, Obama, where is our news conference when we get an earthquake?

I realize it's nothing to Californians.

But I'd like to see you deal with a hurricane. tounge.gif

user posted image

You Californians sure are proud of the most retarded sh*t.

tounge.gif

Who's proud? I just think it's hilarious how the country is grinding to a halt, because of a minor earthquake.

You might call it minor but I guess people near the epicenter must've sh*tted their pants like they never did before, the depth was half a mile below the ground and it was nearly 6 Richter, there was once one in Spain which was barely 4 but the depth was so little that it caused damage. Hope there weren't any causalities though.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

The country's grinding to a halt?

I only said that because to me it just sounds like "We had earthquakes before they were 'cool'"

Again, tounge.gif.

I just think it's hilarious

And I think it's hilarious that a lot of Californians are up in arms about this being on the news and whatnot.

It's being reported more because of the oddity of it, not because it was a major disaster.

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

Just the one? lol .. What we do, is jump up and start surfing that wave ... turn.gif

I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand.. home of earthquakes. Right on the border of the pacific plate. Theres about 6 major fault lines running beneath my city.

Check out this site : http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/all

We've had 8451 quakes since 4th September last year (thats not all the quakes; just the ones that have been felt)

Our city looks like a war-zone. Army has blocked off the whole City Centre; and patrolling the streets looking for looters. Most of the building have been demolished in city-centre; including our beloved iconic Cathedral; the heart of our city. The city is a no-go zone for @ least 2 years.

Keep safe guys !

I realize it's nothing to Californians.

But I'd like to see you deal with a hurricane. tounge.gif

A hurricane is much more severe than a 5.8 magnitude earthquake. Like I said, it's like when Californians are made fun of when there is a storm with more than a few inches of rain.

And yes, it seems like the country is grinding to a halt, I'm hearing word of buildings shutting down, and the president himself is giving a press conference. I'm looking at a video feed of New York right now, and there are people flooding the streets. By contrast in Coolifornia (yeah I said that), we would be back to work after a few minutes, and probably would have forgotten about it. If that sounds arrogant, or like I'm a hipster (I felt earthquakes when they were still underground), then sorry. But I can't help what makes me laugh.

And I think it's hilarious that a lot of Californians are up in arms about this being on the news and whatnot.

Up in arms? This is better TV than anything on Tuesdays.

Edited by darthYENIK

Just the one? lol .. What we do, is jump up and start surfing that wave ...  turn.gif

I'm from Christchurch, New Zealand.. home of earthquakes. Right on the border of the pacific plate. Theres about 6 major fault lines running beneath my city.

Check out this site : http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/all

We've had 8451 quakes since 4th September last year (thats not all the quakes; just the ones that have been felt)

Our city looks like a war-zone. Army has blocked off the whole City Centre; and patrolling the streets looking for looters. Most of the building have been demolished in city-centre; including our beloved iconic Cathedral; the heart of our city. The city is a no-go zone for @ least 2 years.

Keep safe guys !

I saw a rad video of dudes skateboarding across broken Christchurch.

Awesome video.

@Darth, a comparably weak earthquake in an area that rarely has earthquakes is something to be worried about in my opinion.

And yes, "up in arms", I'm not talking about you, but I've been reading sh*t where people from Cali are OFFENDED that this is even being reported.

Edited by *MURDOC*
38773_s.gif

Felt it up in North Jersey. I was walking upstairs, and I noticed the couch and a lampshade was shaking, then some sliding doors started shaking, then it just felt like the whole house was saying back and forth.

Gotta be honest, it was actually pretty fun lol.

Haha, yeah that video was pretty cool; specially when he ran into the cop car @ the end lol .. and he was in the 'No-Go' zone..

I think it's ridiculous how panicked everyone is here regardless of if it is common or not. 5.9 is nothing really. Then again I lived in California a lot of my life and always slept through every quake I've been in. Didn't feel anything here in my part of Massachusetts.

user posted image

I think it's ridiculous how panicked everyone is here regardless of if it is common or not. 5.9 is nothing really.

It was kind of funny. I work in a pretty tall office building and everyone was more excited than panicked. A friend of mine was in a little lunch restaurant when it happened and some dude in there panicked and ran out yelling 'earth quake!!'

And I thought quakes didn't happen in the NE...That sounds pretty darn scary, if you ask me. Even though I didn't feel it. notify.gif

I first heard about it when my ma called at around 2 PM this afternoon, says all her sh*t was shaking and that she was shocked to see one happen since she ain't felt one before. whatsthat.gif

I was in Manville, NJ and I didn't feel a thing. While at work there I did hear about it on the radio though.

caprisig.jpg

Native Californian here. All you East Coast residents, my heart goes out to you. You had crazy blizzards this winter, scorching heat waves this summer and now an earthquake to top it off. Especially since it happened in a location not exactly known for having earthquakes.

7FTgFLB.png

I think it's ridiculous how panicked everyone is here regardless of if it is common or not. 5.9 is nothing really.

It was kind of funny. I work in a pretty tall office building and everyone was more excited than panicked. A friend of mine was in a little lunch restaurant when it happened and some dude in there panicked and ran out yelling 'earth quake!!'

Sounds more like a mirthquake, amirite?

Ld8Bhg8.gif

Actually Ska, a hurricane to top it off. wink.gif

Possibly, though...

Oh yeah by the way, huge influx of earthquake statuses on facebook today. Jeez.

silentsharklol

Lol, I remember, this morning, I live in NY and I felt the house shake a little, but I thought something was just going on upstairs.

^ ^

_

user posted image

YankeesPwnMets

I live in NYC and I was playing baseball with family, and the daycare next door just let everybody out on to the streets, and everybody was out of their buildings. I had no idea what happened, but some neighbors said they felt a tremor. I was out there playing ball outside in the fields but I certainly didn't feel anything.

From what i heard it was just outside of Richmond Virginia and could be felt from North Carolina to Buffalo New York and as far west as Detroit...

thats not uncommon seeing as the east coast has hard soil.

5.8? Powerful? lol.gif

It's weak.

-Most houses were felt near the epicenter.

-Some buildings were felt because it's weak.