Saints Row: Money Shot

Dymez

Over the weekend, a rating for something under the super classy title "Saints Row: Money Shot" appeared on the Australian Ratings Board database. All we know officially is that it's developed by THQ Digital Phoenix and earned an MA15 rating.

Unofficially, however, we have some screenshots posted by MSXboxWorld, which look to us like grabs from a video. The screens reveal what looks like a Saints Row-themed light gun game or rail shooter. Achievements also posted on the site, worth 200 points, suggest that this is an XBLA game (or Saints Row: The Third DLC). There's even a description of the premise: "You are Cypher, a deadly assassin in the world of Saints Row, and you hunt the most elusive targets with the most sophisticated weaponry that Ultor has to offer." You can apparently control the movement of each bullet to weave its way to the intended target.

Officially, the planned Saints Row XBLA/PSN/3DS game, Saints Row: Drive By, was cancelled. But, to engage in a bit of conjecture for a moment, the concept and appearance of this game seem tailor-made for 3D. Could the project have been resurrected? Or is this all just media for a cancelled game, with the Australian rating a vestige of its former development?

Saints Row may have had a silent cancellation, according to information that was revealed today. Back in June, a game for the Xbox Live Arcade was canceled and the 3DS installment was put to rest. Then the Australian Classification Board leaked their rating (MA !5+) for a game titled Saints Row: Money Shot.

Now it gets interesting. Money Shot may be a game in the works for Live Arcade, as a list of achievements for the game imply a 200 point range. As for what the game is, the description on the achievement list is:

“You are Cypher, a deadly assassin in the world of Saints Row, and you hunt the most elusive targets with the most sophisticated weaponry that Ultor has to offer. How sophisticated? You have the ability to control the of your bullet to such a degree that you can weave through the hallway of an apartment complex, steer through the legs of a hooker, and even snake your way through a moving train! Avoid striking solid objects and unintended bystanders and make sure you hit your mark!”

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I watched this leaked video the other day:

Doesn't look too hot from the video but those scenarios like the apartment and train sound kind of neat.

G1T

So, basically what they did was, steal the ending scene from the movie 'Wanted' and made a game out of it. lol.gif

When Rockstar did their Exclusive Facebook RDR mini-game, I really lacked most interest in it, so I hope it's for consoles rather then this felt need to support gaming Smart Phones or iPad!

When Rockstar did their Exclusive Facebook RDR mini-game, I really lacked most interest in it, so I hope it's for consoles rather then this felt need to support gaming Smart Phones or iPad!

Seeing as it's for XBOX LIVE ARCADE (just a little thing in the topic title you may have missed out on) then you won't be lacking any interest

Yeah, I'm saying that's a good thing, and giving this topic some attention before it slips from yours! &

Yeah, I'm saying that's a good thing, and giving this topic some attention before it slips from yours! &

Nope, I'm pretty sure you said

I hope it's for consoles rather then this felt need to support gaming Smart Phones or iPad!

To hope it's for consoles is just stupid if you already knew it was on consoles.

tuff_luv_capo
Haha ''Money shot'' I like what they did there with the title.

it's like with a penis but a bullet