Can't install - Disc change error?

Kyross

I just bought GTA IV yesterday and already wishing I hadn't bothered from the install. I get through most of it all fine, but then at the very end it says 'please insert disc 1 to complete install'. I do so, click ok, it reads a few localised readmes in the progress bar then the window pops back up to put disc 1 in to continue. Clicking this any number of times has no effect and the only way to go from that point is to cancel the whole install.

The closest thing advice I could find from google was to copy all of both discs contents to my HDD and install from there. I did, STILL got this problem. Whuddup?

Did you get any disk read error when you copied the files manually? Is this a normal retail edition? Some other people had this problem as well, it's possible some file may be missing from the setup or they just renamed something.

Nope. It all copied off of the disc just fine, but the realllly weird thing is that it went through the hdd install without ever asking to change discs(1 to 2 and back) until it got to this one point so obviously its not an actual problem with the dvd reader. This is the regular retail version bought from ebgames, and I didn't do anything with the install files prior to my attempt.

• 4 months later...

@kyross Any success or are you still waiting for a solution.i too have the same problem.nobody yet has able to get this thing fixed.pls reply back if you get to know any way around the mess.thanks.