Slow Loading Textures

Luxus

Well, my PC is truly crap. Long time ago (about 2 months) I got Grand Theft Auto IV to work properly, and by saying properly I mean that the textures load really fast. I can see everything in the distance etc. When I don't talk through Skype or have my Fraps switched on, the game works pretty smooth. I know that the gameplay level depends on how good your PC is. But I know that there are minor modifications that can help me. Does anybody know any? I really need help because I am in a middle of recording a Machinima.

What things have you changed since it started doing this?

Any (new) mods?

Are you using commandline?

Processor: Intel Dual-Core 1.80Ghz

Memory: 2048MB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit

Well, I use commandline and it is full of codes. I use Realizm IV, Visual IV, ENB series (low settings so my car just looks a bit like a mirror). And that's about it, I know that this doesn't look good but I already got my GTA IV to work properly once so I hope that I can do it again. smile.gif

Holy sh*te! Are you kidding me?

That processor is the bare minimum for the game, and you use all that sh*t like ENB?

How much fps do you get then? It isn't surprising you got disappearings with that rig wink.gif

About 20 fps outdoors and 35 fps indoors. Something like that. Since yesterday, the game started lagging badly. Which never happened before I inserted some fps mods confused.gif Don't matter, it doesn't bother me that much. Before I used commandline, the game was lagging anyway so I'll have to check the commandline again.

btw. I had to overclock the graphics, but what I should of done, is overclock the processor ... any idea how? nervous.gif

Edited by Luxus