Is it possible?

The Rocker

Hi everybody, I've been considering doing a mod for GTA:VC in which I intend to do something similar to Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City. Basically, I'd like to have an option in the main menu, before anything else, for two things, "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City" and the potential modification, and then when you click on GTA:VC, it gives you the standard menu, but if you click on the mod it gives you a seperate game to play. Or even in the "Start New Game" option, where it would first give you an option as to which one you want to play.

Is it possible? I really hope it is, seeing as this is a dream I have for VC.

It's possible, but a bit pointless (and harder, as ASIs aren't loaded just after launching EXE, unlike SA) when you want to integrate it to gta-vc.exe. However, you'd write a simple EXE launcher to do it, and it would be easier.

spaceeinstein

How different is that to clicking shortcuts to the games/modded games from a folder?

I, for example, want to perhaps use multiple .scm files, and also load different game files, but using the same base files (SFX) and everything, so that when I actually do the mod, it'll be one game with two options on how to play it. But thanks for the replies guys, I guess it is possible, via a new .exe. smile.gif