R* North working on next-gen games?

allah_akbar

Environment Artists

We'd like to hear from the industry's most talented environment artists.

You will be designing, building and texturing the world, have the technical knowledge to achieve great looking results and the skill to get the most from next-gen consoles.

Advanced skills in one or more of the standard industry 3D packages essential. Knowledge of 3DS Max an advantage.

Please accompany the application with links to your portfolio or provide examples of your work.

Graphics Programmer

Rockstar North is seeking an experienced graphics programmer to help breathe life, realism and fun into our next-generation games. This is an exciting opportunity to develop cutting-edge graphics and visual effect systems, working together with the art department to create optimal, attractive solutions for our games. Interested applicants should possess a good grounding in graphics theory, excellent math skills, an eye for detail and a natural ability to communicate as part of a creative team.

Last one sounds like GTA.

Source: http://jobs.rockstargames.com/rnjobs/jobs2.php

EDIT: There's even more of it

Character Skinning & Pipeline Artist

Rockstar North is looking for a Character Skinning and Pipeline Artist to work with us to create the next generation of characters.

In this role you will provide support throughout the character production process working closely with artists in the character team; using our rigs to skin character bodies and faces, and prepare them technically for export. A reel/portfolio demonstrating exceptional 3DStudio Max based skinning skills is a prerequisite. Additional skills in secondary areas such as character art/modelling are prized, and knowledge of rig creation and character topology is it relates to animation is also a plus.

Edited by allah_akbar

Bullsh*t i think its old news , maybe next-gen its this gen !

GOD damit , that could not be real , i dont see why not PS3 and xbox 360 could do weel for another 2-3 moor years .

I needed 3 f*cking years till i found a periode wher i could buy a PS3 and wount be in -$ cash for my living , i really hope il see another GTA game on this gen console , if not then il just tease myself on videos about next gen consoles on youtube . sad.gif((

Usually when job descriptions say next-gen, they are actually meaning this-gen. I know, it doesn't make any sense but thats what it is.

Next gen? they need to slow the fuk down

It's been over half a decade.......

Time tables for recent gen consoles are as follows:

PS2 1999/2000 - 2006

PS3 2006/2007- ???

XBOX 2001 -2005

XBOX 360 2005 - ???

It took only four years for the XBOX to be replaced by the 360, and It took 6 years untill the PS3 came out as the succesor to the PS2.

With a ten year Console plan in place and with 6 to 7 years passing already it is not that far fetched to think of a GTA in 2014- 2015 on the Next Gen Xbox and Playstation.

PS2 1999/2000 - 2006

PS3 2006/2007- ???

XBOX 2001 -2005

XBOX 360 2005 - ???

It took only four years for the XBOX to be replaced by the 360, and It took 6 years untill the PS3 came out as the succesor to the PS2.

With a ten year Console plan in place and with 6 to 7 years passing already it is not that far fetched to think of a GTA in 2014- 2015 on the Next Gen Xbox and Playstation.

This is the truth. This November will mark the 360's 7th anniversary and the PS3's 6th. Time for new consoles very, very soon.

But I still think that the next GTA will be on current-gen. If they're only doing one GTA per cycle then they're foolish financially.

PS2 1999/2000 - 2006

PS3 2006/2007- ???

XBOX 2001 -2005

XBOX 360 2005 - ???

This is the truth. This November will mark the 360's 7th anniversary and the PS3's 6th. Time for new consoles very, very soon.

But I still think that the next GTA will be on current-gen. If they're only doing one GTA per cycle then they're foolish financially.

In the buisness world they have released FOUR GTA's within a two year time period and with there other games selling like they print money (Case in point RDR 12 million copies at 50 - 30 bucks a pop is a LOT of cash, R* are in no need what so ever of anysort of cash cow at the moment. To add to there profit Microsoft payed something along the lines of THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS, just to get LA Noire to appear on the 360.

Yep they won't be releasing a GTA any time soon.

Original Light

No! They can't do this. sad.gifcryani.gif

They can and they will. Why risk jeopardising all there new games that are trying to establish themselves and hopefully a future franchise. We can certainly expect a new RDR and depending on MP3's and Agent sales we may see Sequels and prequels all around. Face the fact the earliest we will have a GTA in our hands is 2014. Convinient that the next gen consoles roll around at that sort of time isn't it?

Original Light

They can and they will. Why risk jeopardising all there new games that are trying to establish themselves and hopefully a future franchise. We can certainly expect a new RDR and depending on MP3's and Agent sales we may see Sequels and prequels all around. Face the fact the earliest we will have a GTA in our hands is 2014. Convinient that the next gen consoles roll around at that sort of time isn't it?

So what the hell are we going to play the next 3 years!

So what the hell are we going to play the next 3 years!

Or, get a life apart from video games?

GTA Will most likely come out next year, not saying that from a desperate fanboy point of view but a financial and business wise stance it would be clever to release it then as they are predicting like record share prices not seen unless a gta is around the corner, R* can lie and annoy us but they can't do that to stockholders, I'm sure it's illegal to give false information.

I'm guessing that next GTA is on this gen.

While all the jobs for next gen game is RDR sequel.

I'm guessing Red Dead Revolution.

This probably isn't GTA 5, too late since the last one. They'd surely be at least mid-way through development now, probably further, so that stuff will probably have already been done. You're all talking as if they won't be doing any future games other than GTA...

This probably isn't GTA 5, too late since the last one. They'd surely be at least mid-way through development now, probably further, so that stuff will probably have already been done. You're all talking as if they won't be doing any future games other than GTA...

Thats total Bullsh*t. GTA V hasn't even been announced and with two new games in the pipeline i'd be suprised if they were anyway near the midway point in development.

I doubt GTA: V will be on a next gen console considering they have been working on it...

WHAT HAPPENED TO GENESIS?

1 more GTA on this generation of consoles then it's on to the next generation. We're not going to go 6 to 7 years between GTA's, calm down guys tounge.gif

1 more GTA on this generation of consoles then it's on to the next generation. We're not going to go 6 to 7 years between GTA's, calm down guys tounge.gif

Oh but I'm pretty sure we are. Think of this way,

2008 GTA IV Full R* North team on development.

2009 Two DLC's within a year and another GTA

2010 Release the complete edition with the DLC being released on the other Two gaming Devices Including part of the team being sent to work on RDR

2011 Last bit of RDR DLC still in the works LA Noire First DLC just been Released AGENT and MP3 in the pipe line.

There is at least three years of work left in R* for their current plans. a GTA V announcement is expected in 2013/2014 with a release in either 2014/2015/2016. It's also quite convinient that It's released just when the next gen consoles are going to be coming out.

Face it and stop making stupid excuses. Also on a positive note the longer it takes the better they can make the game and with the next gen consoles they will be able to do more than they ever have before .

Thats total Bullsh*t. GTA V hasn't even been announced and with two new games in the pipeline i'd be suprised if they were anyway near the midway point in development.

With a franchise this popular, they won't wait so long before beginning development of another.

But in any case, they wouldn't have waited this late to advertise for these new positions if it was indeed for GTA 5 specifically. They're probably not confined to just one game either.

There is at least three years of work left in R* for their current plans.

What evidence are you basing this on?

Oh but I'm pretty sure we are. Think of this way,

2008 GTA IV Full R* North team on development.

2009 Two DLC's within a year and another GTA

2010 Release the complete edition with the DLC being released on the other Two gaming Devices Including part of the team being sent to work on RDR

2011 Last bit of RDR DLC still in the works LA Noire First DLC just been Released AGENT and MP3 in the pipe line.

There is at least three years of work left in R* for their current plans. a GTA V announcement is expected in 2013/2014 with a release in either 2014/2015/2016. It's also quite convinient that It's released just when the next gen consoles are going to be coming out.

Face it and stop making stupid excuses. Also on a positive note the longer it takes the better they can make the game and with the next gen consoles they will be able to do more than they ever have before .

I want the best possible GTA so if I'd have to wait till 2014 etc I could live with that, but where did you get that a GTA announcement is expcected in 2013/2014? Gamespot's source says release likely 2012, the $2 fiscal projection for 2013 (not even RDR gave them $2 shares) hints at 2012, just wondering if I missed something saying 2013/2014. Also RDR and LA Noire have little to do with GTA's development, RDR is R*San Diego and LA Noire was largely a collaboration with Team Bondi. Whenever it comes out I'll be happy regardless, but just think because some job opening says "next gen" and nowhere mentions GTA to then make that equal "GTAV is next gen" is jumping the gun a bit.

PS2 1999/2000 - 2006

PS3 2006/2007- ???

XBOX 2001 -2005

XBOX 360 2005 - ???

In the buisness world they have released FOUR GTA's within a two year time period and with there other games selling like they print money (Case in point RDR 12 million copies at 50 - 30 bucks a pop is a LOT of cash, R* are in no need what so ever of anysort of cash cow at the moment. To add to there profit Microsoft payed something along the lines of THIRTY MILLION DOLLARS, just to get LA Noire to appear on the 360.

They haven't released four GTAs in a two year period. An expansion pack with a dozen or so missions isn't a full GTA game. A portable DS game doesn't qualify as a full console GTA either. We've gotten ONE GTA game this generation. ONE.

We'll have a new GTA next year. Bank on it.

no.imagination.for.username

I don't know if I should ask this but, what happened to Genesis?

Cool, and YEAH, it's no doubt they will get working on what's Deemed NeXt Gen Consoles, and (HEY! Obligatory PC mention goes here!)

What most deal with is a learning curve there, with any new hardware design. I would HAVE to assume there's report of what's finalized with the hardware, rather then the games