FRAPS Versus Sony Vegas

Kriskers

Okay, I have a bit of a problem here.

I have FRAPS (version 3.4.3) and I want to start making gaming videos and I indeed have done some videos already and I want to edit them in Sony Vegas. Everything goes fine, importing and editing but after awhile, an error window pops up. I ignore it and then all of a sudden, one of my gaming videos is corrupted (shows black screen and no audio) and then like an infection, the corruption spreads to all my gaming videos and it leaves me with only black screen and no audio. I don't want to use After Effects, since I don't know, how to use it.

Any help?

My system specs are in my signature.

It's because all the fraps videos are raw, and therefore huge, so import each one and export in turn to make them smaller and more manageable, then edit to your hearts delight.

It's because all the fraps videos are raw, and therefore huge, so import each one and export in turn to make them smaller and more manageable, then edit to your hearts delight.

You mean like put it in Sony Vegas, render it and put it back into Sony Vegas and start editing it?

Yes, there may be a quicker conversion program that can come in to play to speed up that process, but ultimately you need to make those video files smaller, they are most probably over 1gb each at present.

Yes, there may be a quicker conversion program that can come in to play to speed up that process, but ultimately you need to make those video files smaller, they are most probably over 1gb each at present.

Sadly, I'm new to conversion programs, I do have AVS4YOU Video Converter, would that work, too?

YankeesPwnMets

Sadly, I'm new to conversion programs, I do have AVS4YOU Video Converter, would that work, too?

The free version of AVS will give you a annoying ass watermark smack in the middle of the video.

For me, I would use VirtualDub and the DivX codec to compress the video, and if I needed to, I would use a program called FormatFactory to convert the video into a different file type.

http://www.virtualdub.org/

http://www.divx.com/

http://www.formatoz.com/

nightwalker83

Using FRAPS to record video won't take long to fill up your hard drive.

@YPM,

I agree! I do that too when I record videos.