Ultimate Concept Thread

Chisel29

Wouldnt you like to make the Ultimate Concept Thread?

1. we need to categorize people, there will be 3 making the Protagonist and he will be Hispanic as Hispanic won the Protagonist! poll

2. we have to decide other characters and random characters. 3 for side characters and 1 for random characters, and 2 for antagonists

3. we need to find three people for the location, which will be San Andreas because thats what most people want wants

3. we need 2 for side missions

4. we need 2 for tv and radio stations

5. we need to decide girlfriends and friends. 2 will do

6. well need two to decide on gangs

7. any anything else will be decided by anyone who wants it

This is a community thread So lets start posting!

Edited by Chisel29

General Scrotum

You mean a community concept thread?

I vote for Vice city or Los Santos i wouldn't mind seeing a London based city but that's as far out of the US im going to go.

I think the protagonist should not be a returning character because one of the fun things about GTA is uncovering the main characters past and details. But i do think Packie and his family should play a role somehow.

If we collaborate on a protagonist then it will be a f*ckup, I'd rather us work around it and build a game concept basically like a wishlist. We all put in game features that we'd all want/wish for and make everything but a story and characters. Sort of build the universe first, then slowly get into a story by adding appropriate gangs and stuff. A system that would be even better is multiple protagonists, like the early Grand Theft Autos or Episodes from Liberty City. That way we could please everyone by having characters from different backgrounds to play as, and give different perspectives on the city the same way we saw with Niko Johnny and Luis. They'd crossover occasionally in the same fashion as well. Opinions?

If we collaborate on a protagonist then it will be a f*ckup, I'd rather us work around it and build a game concept basically like a wishlist. We all put in game features that we'd all want/wish for and make everything but a story and characters. Sort of build the universe first, then slowly get into a story by adding appropriate gangs and stuff. A system that would be even better is multiple protagonists, like the early Grand Theft Autos or Episodes from Liberty City. That way we could please everyone by having characters from different backgrounds to play as, and give different perspectives on the city the same way we saw with Niko Johnny and Luis. They'd crossover occasionally in the same fashion as well. Opinions?

So you mean you jump around from protag. to protag. as the story goes? I could see that happening. Like you complete some missions with one guy and then jump back in time a little bit and play some as another one and at one point the characters intersect and then you will go back to the main one and play some more missions then jump back and play as another guy. So that way you can play missions from multiple perspectives and have the multiple characters that will please everybody.

A few people make ideas and after we get 5 from 5 diff people we csan decide which one is best

So you mean you jump around from protag. to protag. as the story goes? I could see that happening. Like you complete some missions with one guy and then jump back in time a little bit and play some as another one and at one point the characters intersect and then you will go back to the main one and play some more missions then jump back and play as another guy. So that way you can play missions from multiple perspectives and have the multiple characters that will please everybody.

No, but that's an interesting idea too. I meant like, you'd be at the main menu and start a new game, then you'd have a choice between several protagonists to play as. Maybe there'd be brief descriptions of each ones background, to give you a taste of who they are and what their story will be like. You'd play the person from where their story first picks up to the end of the game just like any other GTA. But then you could start a new game as another character at any point and play as them to see what is different. As you complete more missions with different characters you'd start to see the correlation between certain events. Maybe an unexplained death in one person's story would be elaborated on, sort of like how in Niko's story we kill Jason Michaels. In GTA IV, he is just a name, an insignificant bad guy like any other, and we kill him without question. Then in a different story he is fleshed out and is a friend, so his death hits home more and he is an actual person instead of just some bad guy we killed for money. Get it? I think it has a lot of potential, especially considering the diversity of a city such as Los Santos. If I was to vote for a city, it'd be LS. It's as iconic as Liberty City, with all kinds of places like Hollywood and the ghetto and the beaches and everything...

It's the system I plan on using with my Carcer City thread (work in progress).

Edited by akavari112

How about anyone here signs up, then you assign them a part of the concept they must do. Each member will make a part of the thread (eg: Characters, weapons, vehicles) and at the end you'll have a nice little concept thread built and goin.'

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

How about anyone here signs up, then you assign them a part of the concept they must do. Each member will make a part of the thread (eg: Characters, weapons, vehicles) and at the end you'll have a nice little concept thread built and goin.'

yeah i was thinking taht

Well judging by the concepts you have made, you'll probably steal everyone's ideas or take all the credit for everything so if this project is actually going to happen I'd rather it be led by a more respected member.. no offense

This has/is already been done/ being done.

Use search before posting a new topic.

Reported.