Is Gamescom GTA V's last chance to be announced?

meshuggah28

Do you guys think if R* don't announce GTA V at Gamescom, that it will be announced at all this year?

R* don´t need an event to announce a game. They can announce a game whenever they want.

ditto that.

Original Light
R* don´t need an event to announce a game. They can announce a game whenever they want.

Thats the truth. They did not announce L.A Noire PC at a event. They announced it on the Newswire. mercie_blink.gif

It's the last chance until this forum goes real quiet for a month or 2 in which we can except D.T to come back with another impossible clue to give the forum more attention again.

If not at GamesCom then i reckon they'll just resort to a countdown timer like they did with IV. Countdown's always generate intense amounts of hype. I still very much think an announcement will happen this year. It could happen at GamesCom, On GTA 3's 10 anniversary(October) or at the VGA's (December).

Failing all of that and we hear nothing until next year. I reckon March 2012 is a good bet - R* and Take2 announce ALOT of games in that month....and still if nothing has happened by then - E3 2012.....LOL

If its not annaunced at GamesCom i won't track eny GTA V news starting at september because of school and games coming out worth buying ( NBA 2k12 , Saints row the third , Battlefield 3 , Modern Warfere 3 , and i wana check out for the firs time NFL Madden 12 )

We also have October 2011 - GTA III(10th birthday) or the last one this year at the VGA's 2011(Video Game Awards).

Also, don't forget what T2 CEO Strauss Zelnick said about the announcement:

"We're not going to announce it. We're not going to announce when we're going to announce it. And we're not going to announce the strategy about announcing it or about when we're going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy."

darrellmonks
i smell a lock sherlock holmes yes keep digging watson

I dont see any reason why this topic should be locked.........sherlock.

Cool story Bro'

alisguitar88

well, Sony's conference is tomorrow, so we'll see; although I seriously doubt anything will be announced sad.gif

I hope its never announced. I hope they stop making GTAs. im fine witth the old ps2 games from now on

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

darrellmonks

Genesis got locked, i made a topic about it getting loked it was deleted, wtf is going on

Cool story Bro'

silentsharklol

About time it was locked.

And I think Rockstar could announce the game anytime, but hopefully this year.

user posted image

I agree with this.

But to answer the OP's question, no, gamescom is not the last chance. You still have the VGA's in December but as it has been said, R* doesn't need something like a E3 to announce a big time GTA game.

caprisig.jpg

Genesis got locked, i made a topic about it getting loked it was deleted, wtf is going on

This has nothing to do with the topic. And I deleted your topic because it was completely pointless. We all have eyes and can clearly see that the topic is locked.

darrellmonks

ETNA ETNA, THE GRIFFON BOY JUST KILLED A PLASTIC REINDEER

Cool story Bro'

This has nothing to do with the topic. And I deleted your topic because it was completely pointless. We all have eyes and can clearly see that the topic is locked.

Indeed. Topic should have been locked ages ago but am glad to see that it has finally happened.

OT: Unlike most people here I just can't see GTA Next being announced at Gamescom.

caprisig.jpg

I guess they locked Genesis because that weird prank of small faces deranged into a brawl between some members, and because 10 pages of spam were made in barely an hour...

Anyhow, getting back to the topic: I don't think Gamescom is GTA V's last chance to be announced. As someone said before, R* has the liberty to do so whenever they please. Though it would be nice if V was to be announced the 17th of August (with a trailer that gives us something real to talk about for a while!).

grope_4_that_date

I think Rockstar should use a big ego for once and tell everyone they're announcing something "big" on XXX XXX XXXX. It would be telivised, LIVE, all around the world. No introduction to the event. No words. It would be just when you're sitting in a movie theather, and all the previews have been shown. It's dark. You're hearts racing. You're imagination running wild. Then, they show the trailer of GTA5. And it would be later noted in the history books as "The Day the Earth Stood Still.... a second time."

I guess they locked Genesis because that weird prank of small faces deranged into a brawl between some members, and because 10 pages of spam were made in barely an hour...

Anyhow, getting back to the topic: I don't think Gamescom is GTA V's last chance to be announced. As someone said before, R* has the liberty to do so whenever they please. Though it would be nice if V was to be announced the 17th of August (with a trailer that gives us something real to talk about for a while!).

It's back open.

Where is Gamescom taking place again?

caprisig.jpg

It's back open.

Where is Gamescom taking place again?

Gamescom is in Cologne, Germany.

Edited by Catwalk

Grand Theft Autopsy

GTA doesnt need a games hype convention to get hype. It can get hype by itself. Although other R* games like Max Payne need hype , so expect MP3 info than GTA.

InstantCClassic
GTA doesnt need a games hype convention to get hype. It can get hype by itself. Although other R* games like Max Payne need hype , so expect MP3 info than GTA.

Yeah, it's either Max Payne 3 or the rumored Playstation 3 exclusive, Agent.

GTA wont be announced until AFTER Max Payne is released. Possibly after Agent too. Definitely no announcement until after Max Payne is out.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry