Who controls Liberty City?

Drake1212

In the GTA III era Tommy Vercetti takes over most crime in vice city, and become the leader of the vercetti crime family.

By the end of San andreas CJ controls most of Los Santos, while running business in both San Fierro and Las Venturas.

However in the GTA IV era, it is clear that neither Niko, Johnny nor Louis are major players in Liberty City, they are just hired guns.

It would seem Rockstar has abandoned the scarface-concept (Rags to riches), in order to create a more realistic story.

But while none of the protagonists gets control of Liberty, they certainly interact with people who has power, and hear about those who have.

So who do you think has the power of Liberty City?

My opinion:

The five mob families (The comission) and Kenny Petrovic.

Niko is the only protagonist so far working directly for one of the mob families, while Louis works indirectly trough Gay Tony (who takes orders from the ancelelotties)

Kenny Petrovic is never encountered (in SP), but he is the one forcing Dimitri to kill Faustin, in revenge for his son.

AndrefromEstonia

I don't think it's the mob. The heads of the mob families pretty much were keeping it low. Pegorino also dies and he is the boss, i think there isnät a real illegal force driving LC.

user posted image

AndrefromEstonia  Posted on Monday, Aug 15 2011, 17:47

I don't think it's the mob. The heads of the mob families pretty much were keeping it low. Pegorino also dies and he is the boss, i think there isnät a real illegal force driving LC.

Pegerino family isn't part of the comission, and it is hinted that the other mob families looks down upon the Pegerinos.

I'd say the Gambetti family is the most powerful, as it is the most powerful family of the Commission. Then it has to be Kenny Petrovic.

Julio Ochoa runs the city! D'oh!

but crime-wise? I'd say the commission.

I also think Russians run Broker and Dukes.

UbK_families

right now nobody runs the city....there is a power struggle going on right now for the last 2 months, the pavano's are in a war with the gambetti's ....the gambetti's are in bad standing with all the families of LC except the alderney mob and the the other smaller families. Word on the streets is that the other 4 powerful mob bosses want the gambetti's off the commission...they have lost so many made guys the last 9 weeks that if the war doesnt end soon they might have to throw the white flag...as far as the streets...families/M.O.B. still runs LC and always will but them dominicans are on the come up they makin sum serious money 6 figures and up but that aint sh*t to me cause im bout to reach a mil real soon

Edited by UbK_families

Uptown Veteran $$$ racks in my pocket red flaggin dis families sh*t is 4 life

AlexGTAGamer

I like to think that City Hall (Mayor Ochoa) and the LCPD, FIB and NOOSE runs LC but I think we all know that that ain't true. Gangs run amok on the streets while the mafia pulls all of the strings behind the scenes.

na89340qv0n34b09q340

I like to think that the commission, Irish, and Russians run mid/south Algonquin, Dukes, and Broker respectively, and the other areas in LC are run by the Spanish, and the Triads run the Asian areas in Algonquin.

It seems North Alderney is run by the Mob, the Middle run by an alliance of the Spanish and Koreans, and the South by Bikers.

darrellmonks

I know its not true. But wht i Jacobs gang (jamacian possie) Packies gang (irish mob) amd Dwaynes gang (northwood boys) became allies? They would be pretty powerful.

Cool story Bro'

Depends what you mean run or own Liberty City, The government such as Mayor Ochoa obviously is the real controller along with companions, However when it comes to the underworld and when it comes to infiltrating Unions and controlling rackets, it would be the big organized gangs, such as The Mafia, Triads, Russians things like that.

The Gravelli Family is most likely to have the most power, they are allied with that United Liberty Paper guy, who works for a unknown goverment agency.

And because the Gravelli's are part of the Comission, makes them even more powerfull...

The Nefarious
right now nobody runs the city....there is a power struggle going on right now for the last 2 months, the pavano's are in a war with the gambetti's ....the gambetti's are in bad standing with all the families of LC except the alderney mob and the the other smaller families. Word on the streets is that the other 4 powerful mob bosses want the gambetti's off the commission...they have lost so many made guys the last 9 weeks that if the war doesnt end soon they might have to throw the white flag...as far as the streets...families/M.O.B. still runs LC and always will but them dominicans are on the come up they makin sum serious money 6 figures and up but that aint sh*t to me cause im bout to reach a mil real soon

Pics or it didn't happen.

I like the realistic aspect of GTA 4. In a massive city, like Liberty, it would be very unusual for one person to be in control of the entire city.

In reality, you would have several major gangsters, all with differing control. That is what we saw in GTA IV and it made the game a lot more realistic. Sure, it would have been nice to see someone like Niko end the game in control, but in reality, that would not happen.

as far as the streets...families/M.O.B. still runs LC and always will but them dominicans are on the come up they makin sum serious money 6 figures and up but that aint sh*t to me cause im bout to reach a mil real soon

Dude, will you already stop saying that you are and pretending to be a gangster?

as far as the streets...families/M.O.B. still runs LC and always will but them dominicans are on the come up they makin sum serious money 6 figures and up  but that aint sh*t to me cause im bout to reach a mil real soon

Dude, will you already stop saying that you are and pretending to be a gangster?

Every f*cking time... We try to have a serious discussion about the game and he comes with a bunch of bullsh*t trying to act gangster and saying stuff as if he was really in the game, plus his ''INFO'' is really just a bunch of bullsh*t that he made up. Really he isnt helping at all, ignorant bastard, worst part of it is that he thinks hes cool. Smh... dozingoff.gif

UbK_families

right now nobody runs the city....there is a power struggle going on right now for the last 2 months, the pavano's are in a war with the gambetti's ....the gambetti's are in bad standing with all the families of LC except the alderney mob and the the other smaller families. Word on the streets is that the other 4 powerful mob bosses  want the gambetti's off the commission...they have lost so many made guys the last 9 weeks that if the war doesnt end soon they might have to throw the white flag...as far as the streets...families/M.O.B. still runs LC and always will but them dominicans are on the come up they makin sum serious money 6 figures and up  but that aint sh*t to me cause im bout to reach a mil real soon

Pics or it didn't happen.

pics?? lol nigga sit yo ass down

as far as the streets...families/M.O.B. still runs LC and always will but them dominicans are on the come up they makin sum serious money 6 figures and up  but that aint sh*t to me cause im bout to reach a mil real soon

Every f*cking time... We try to have a serious discussion about the game and he comes with a bunch of bullsh*t trying to act gangster and saying stuff as if he was really in the game, plus his ''INFO'' is really just a bunch of bullsh*t that he made up. Really he isnt helping at all, ignorant bastard, worst part of it is that he thinks hes cool. Smh... dozingoff.gif

all yall niggas is sum haters go and jump off a bridge or better yet pull out a pistol and shoot ya self you will be doin us ALL a favor...u and mydog da only ones always talkin sh*t i wish yall would come to my block i would beat da piss out yall f*ck niggas and dats real! i put dat on my lil bruh.... but yall too pussy to do that yall nutsack prolly aint even drop yet haha yall niggas is clowns f*ck YOU and DAT otha bitch ass nigga its still FAMILiES 4 life....u gotta problem?? who gon pop me??? nobody!!!

my info is str8 legit all my sh*t come from LCPD database u just a hating ass nigga u cant respect nothin i do....that says alot about your character SMH STOP HATING

Stop triple posting and use the edit button.

Edited by Seddo

my info is str8 legit all my sh*t come from LCPD database u just a hating ass nigga u cant respect nothin i do....that says alot about your character SMH STOP HATING

Is it me thats ''hating'' or is it you thats being a ''douchebag''? I thinks its better the people here decide. Oh and nice job Triple posting, the admins are going to love that! Listen to yourself, you sound like a complete moron with no manners what so ever, you have a mentality that of a 4th grader. Arguing with you is like talking to a child, seriously man, this is THE INTERNET, sure you can do whatever you like but this is a gaming forum, this is not the place for that kind of attitude, maybe the Soulja Boy Fan forum would be a more suitable place for a you.

Edited by Morsaw

UbK_families

Is it me thats ''hating'' or is it you thats being a ''douchebag''? I thinks its better the people here decide. Oh and nice job Triple posting, the admins are going to love that! Listen to yourself, you sound like a complete moron with no manners what so ever, you have a mentality that of a 4th grader. Arguing with you is like talking to a child, seriously man, this is THE INTERNET, sure you can do whatever you like but this is a gaming forum, this is not the place for that kind of attitude, maybe the Soulja Boy Fan forum would be a more suitable place for a you.

lol ur a joke u still hating u just dont stop somethings wrong with u man u need to seek some profession help all jokes aside........because u hating on somebody u never met THATS A PROBLEM barf8bd.gif obviously u mad maybe jealous? sh*t i dnt kno whats wrong with u but whatever it is u need to do somthin bout it

lol ur a joke u still hating u just dont stop somethings wrong with u man u need to seek some profession help all jokes aside........because u hating on somebody u never met THATS A PROBLEM barf8bd.gif obviously u mad maybe jealous? sh*t i dnt kno whats wrong with u but whatever it is u need to do somthin bout it

Why the hell would I be jealous of you? And plus if anybody needs professional helps its you, first person posting isnt exactly a ''Normal'' thing to do. I mean if anybody youre the only person ive ever seen do it, pretty weird if you ask me whatsthat.gif Im pretty sure all of us have gotten angry at somebody theyve never met before here on the internet , and I dont hate you, I just think youre extremely annoying, im sick and tired of it barf8bd.gif if anyones a joke its YOU, no one thinks your cool and pretty much most people here on the forum are pretty annoyed by you. Ill even admit, your topics are interesting but when you start talking sh*t about ingame stuff and start acting gangster, THATs what pisses us off. dozingoff.gif

UbK_families

Why the hell would I be jealous of you? And plus if anybody needs professional helps its you, first person posting isnt exactly a ''Normal'' thing to do. I mean if anybody youre the only person ive ever seen do it, pretty weird if you ask me whatsthat.gif Im pretty sure all of us have gotten angry at somebody theyve never met before here on the internet , and I dont hate you, I just think youre extremely annoying, im sick and tired of it barf8bd.gif if anyones a joke its YOU, no one thinks your cool and pretty much most people here on the forum are pretty annoyed by you. Ill even admit, your topics are interesting but when you start talking sh*t about ingame stuff and start acting gangster, THATs what pisses us off. dozingoff.gif

dis aint a act but i see why u feel that way because we got two diff up bringings. U could never see life like i do cus u havent been thru what i have been thru its just different strokes 4 different folks

Stop arguing guys, UBK families or whatever you're called your not hard or funny or Gangster. if you were a real tough roughian from "The hood" or whatever you call it, you woudn't be bragging about it on a bloody gaming forum, and Mosaw I think it's best if you don't like UBK, just ignore him and don't reply.

Everyone quit whining and get back to the topic! I agree Sanjeem.

Okay, who controls Liberty City? Of course the government controls everything as if they weren't the city would be an anarchy sh*thole. Underworld speaking, the Pavanos and Gambettis probably have most of the power, as the Ancelottis and Pegorinos are severely weakened. The Petrovic family seems to have strong control over Hove Beach and some surrounding neighborhoods. The Irish Mob have some control over Dukes. The Chinese Triads have control over Chinatown, while the Spanish Lords have some control over Holland (district in Algonquin), Bohan and Alderney.

WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, can`t we all just live in peace. cryani.gif

UbK_families
Stop arguing guys, UBK families or whatever you're called your not hard or funny or Gangster. if you were a real tough roughian from "The hood" or whatever you call it, you woudn't be bragging about it on a bloody gaming forum, and Mosaw I think it's best if you don't like UBK, just ignore him and don't reply.

u aint built like me yall niggas can keep judging me but u could neva walk a mile in my shoes f*ck boy....i kno u pussy jus by the way u hatin on me i bet u niggas couldnt last a day in my hood we a strip ya duct tape ya den pistol whip ya sissy ass...we EAT niggas like u in my hood i sugggest u stay in ya lil suburb where u at cus u will catch ya issue on my block and that aint no flex... thats true story

Now do you see what I have to deal with every f*cking day?